a) Puncture repair kit which consists of tool 1, tool 2, cold mending rubber strip, cutter blade.
b) Foot pump and a plier.
1) Step 1: ideally you should mark the portion where the nail is embedded but since i didn’t have any chalk i skipped that part. Rotate the tyre to a position from where you can have a comfortable access to the nail. After that i engage the gear so that the tyre doesn’t rotate during the procedure.
2) Step 2 : take out a strip of cold mending rubber and pass it through the eye of tool 2 so that there is equal length of the rubber on either side of tool 2 .keep it aside.
3) Step 3: use the plier and pull out the nail.
4) Step 4: insert tool 1 through the hole created by the nail. Here you must follow the path (direction) of the nail. Insert about 2/3 rd of it through the tire.
5) Step 5: now take tool 2 with the rubber strip fitted in it , pull out tool 1 and insert tool2.here again you have to follow the path made by tool1.pierce about 2/3 rd of it through the tire.
6) Step 6: now press the rubber strip with your fingers and pull out tool 2.
7) Step 7: cut the remaining of the rubber strip leaving behind about 5mm of strip from the surface of the tyre.
8) Step 8: inflate the tyre to recommended pressure and check for any leakage of air from the repaired portion by wiping the area with a cloth dipped in water.
9) Step 9: disengage the gear and now you are ready to go.
here's the culprit: