- Ensure that the engine is either warm or cold so that the exhaust will not burn the skin
- Use working gloves to prevent skin from oil
- Take necessary precautions when tightening & removing the drain bolt/plug & oil filler/dipstick. Uneven or improper threading leads to very expensive damages.
- Dispose the old engine oil safely or return back the oil to scrap dealer or oil dealer
- 16mm socket & drive or spanner or adjustable wrench
- Plastic tray to dispense existing engine oil
- Measuring jar to measure new engine oil
- Small funnel
- Mechanic Plier, helps if the oil filler cap/dipstick is tight & cannot be opened with bare hands
- Position the scooter in main stand/upright position & remove the engine oil drain bolt using a 16mm wrench/spanner
- Let the oil drain completely & collect it in a tray to dispose off properly; tilt the scooter towards right to drain off the oil completely
- Once the oil is drained completely, close the engine drain using the drain bolt & tighten it. Ensure that it is tigtened adequate so that the oil does not leak when filled.
- Open the Oil filler/dipstick with hands or using pliers. Care should be taken not to break the top of the dipstick if using pliers.
- Using a measuring jar, measure about 800 ml of good quality 4 stroke engine oil of 20W-40 grade & fill the engine oil in the crankcase using the funnel.
Tip - During this process, it is convenient to park the scooter on side stand/slanting position rather than main stand/upright position.
- Once the engine oil is filled, close the oil filler/dipstick & tighten adequately.
- Start the engine & idle for 2-3 minutes
- Stop the engine & ensure that the oil level is at upper level mark/max level
1. If the oil level is not at max level, wipe the oil filler/dipstick with a cloth, top up the engine oil to the upper level mark. Do not overfill.
2. Now reinsert the wiped oil filler/dipstick without screwing it in
3. Remove the oil filler/dipstick
4. The oil level should be between the upper & lower marks/max level & min level on the dipstick
Important - During this process, ensure that the scooter is in upright position or on main stand.