I hope you all know me for a long time , but I never reviewed any of the riding gears that I use. But now that its been quite sometime that I have been here, I am thinking of reviewing all of my gears one by one.
This review is for my latest acquisition , its a basic mesh jacket , and comes from a generic brand - MotoWear from H&B Leather Wear (Chennai)
I got hold of this guy , Mohamed Anwar from the company when one of my friends bought the same jacket and posted it on Facebook. So I contacted Anwar through facebook and ordered the jacket.
Reason for non generic brand : I am a "keeper", my Scoyoco JK17 is 5.5years old now, bought for Rs3100 but apart from faded color, its going very well. The negative being, it is a textile jacket, which means I am a toasted guy in summers, but positive being as most of the rides I do are to hills, it acts as a winter jacket for me. But now it was high time that I get myself a mesh one, I didnt want to spend much on a jacket as I had one, so loccked on this MotoWear jacket.
I transferred the money to the guy and he shipped it next day, and it reached me in 5days, which IMO is ok as it was coming from Chennai. The only negative being while interacting being, he never picks up the call in first go, although he calls back after sometime but still.
Now about the jacket :
- Its mesh in front , back, under the arms and textile near shoulders and upper arms area.
- It has got zip in the wrist area to tighten and loosen the sleeve near the wrist.
- It has just got two pockets in front (non waterproof).
- It doesnt come with any liners, I didnt want any to be honest.
- It has YKK zippers.
- It has CE approved armour, the elbow armour looks same as mine Scoyoco's, back foam is not perforated , and shoulder ones are thick but little small in size than my current one.
- The elbow guards come out from the wrist area, whereas my Scoyoco was through upper portion of the arm.
- All the guards goes inside a think mesh area, which has velcro. I am doubtful about the longevity of that thin mesh though.
It took me some time to get the guards in position as I was in habit of taking out and inserting the guards in the arms the opposite way.
Fit : 8/10
Finish : 9/10
Guards : 8/10
Value for money : BANG ON
It costs just Rs 2900 including shipping. yes its only this much
I am uploading the youtube unboxing video in a bit. till that time here are some of the pics