Since '02 xBhp is different things to different people. From a close knit national community of bikers to India's only motorcycling lifestyle magazine and a place to make like minded biker friends. We have one common religion - Bikeism.

Castrol Power 1

Careful with that leaking water tanker ahead.

Our Partners



User Tag List

Poll: What FE do you usually get on your R15 v 2.0?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1264 of 1274 FirstFirst ... 264764116412141254126012611262126312641265126612671268 ... LastLast
Results 12,631 to 12,640 of 12733
Like Tree3606Likes

Thread: Yamaha YZF-R15 version 2.0

  1. #12631
    Rusted incipient's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    New Delhi
    Posts
    443
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Yamaha YZF-R15 version 2.0

    Quote Originally Posted by aditya_YZF-R15 View Post
    you parted ways with the second one too ? what do you ride now ?
    It was fun while it lasted.. sold it & moved up to a KTM RC390 :-) How about you?
    Saravanan Murdlock likes this.

  2. #12632
    Rusted aditya_YZF-R15's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Allahabad/Bhilai, India
    Posts
    761
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Yamaha YZF-R15 version 2.0

    Quote Originally Posted by incipient View Post
    It was fun while it lasted.. sold it & moved up to a KTM RC390 :-) How about you?
    i see, nice (about the RC390).

    i am still riding my R15..
    Saravanan Murdlock likes this.

  3. #12633
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Vile Parle east,Mumbai
    Posts
    20
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Yamaha YZF-R15 version 2.0

    Quote Originally Posted by raj.pranay View Post
    Hello everyone. My friend and i had a pretty bad accident a couple of days back on our r15. Luckily both of us were wearing helmets and both of us are fine but the bike's body is gone.

    The front plastic is loose now with fractures and also the rear panels came out loose and they broke( they were like broken before as well and luckily we didn't get them changed before the accident)

    So I'd like to know how much it might cost. Especially the plastic below the rear seat. It maybe fine if we don't change the front.

    So somebody please tell me how much it might cost to get the whole body kit( almost) or the rear ones.

    And also, please let me know the best place to get it fixed. I live in Hyderabad near tarnaka.

    Thanks!
    The cowl will cost you around 1500.

  4. #12634
    Rookie yamahamann's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Ahmedabad
    Posts
    24
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Yamaha YZF-R15 version 2.0

    Quote Originally Posted by black asp View Post
    Sorry to say if there are no leaks and you lose 350ml in 900 kms then your engine is toast.
    I would suggest re ringing the engine after checking the liner for scores.
    If there are marks on the liner then the bore has gone "Hallelujah". In latter case change bore piston rings and all.
    Redo the valve seals and put in new valves too.
    If you had used the garbage motul 300V I would have said that it's oil but as I can make out you are using a decent oil .
    Can be atmosphere too but again it won't be this much.
    I stayed with R15 in Bhubaneswar for 3 years with summer temps reaching 44 46 degrees often and I use to commute to office in peak traffic. Never had this bad of an oil evaporation issue.
    CHEERS
    Wow, you sure have put a lot of mileage on the R15, thanks for your useful suggestions!

    After a lot of consideration and diagnosis I have narrowed down the reason for drop in oil levels was due to improper tightening of the drain bolt (highly unlikely and probably because of a lazy mechanic), it somehow came loose on my last ride on the highway and should have dripped some oil on the road/underside of the bike, along with the SVC people taking me for a ride like @PrinceCruise suggested and didn't change/refill the engine oil at time of last service.

    I also stay away from the Motul products since I have read this thread many times and am aware of the bad experiences of fellow R15 owners on the Motul 300v, 7100 etc. At 450 Rs/litre the recommended Yamalube Sporty premuim FS holds pretty well till 2500-3000 Kms.

    I agree with you that heat of up to 45 C does not affect the 150cc mill on the R15 and has sufficient cooling, radiator fan only kicks in after I ride in stop-go traffic for more than 15 minutes.

    As of now everything seems in order, as I checked the oil before it hit the crititcally low level on the dipstick.

    However, now I am habitually checking the exhaust for unusual fumes or roughness in gear shifts until I am sure the issue is solved for good.

    Quote Originally Posted by raj.pranay View Post
    Hello everyone. My friend and i had a pretty bad accident a couple of days back on our r15. Luckily both of us were wearing helmets and both of us are fine but the bike's body is gone.

    The front plastic is loose now with fractures and also the rear panels came out loose and they broke( they were like broken before as well and luckily we didn't get them changed before the accident)

    So I'd like to know how much it might cost. Especially the plastic below the rear seat. It maybe fine if we don't change the front.

    So somebody please tell me how much it might cost to get the whole body kit( almost) or the rear ones.

    And also, please let me know the best place to get it fixed. I live in Hyderabad near tarnaka.

    Thanks!
    Hi, Good to know you are safe. But from my own experience I recommend you invest in basic riding gear (Armored Jacket like Rynox Tornado Pro, Cramster Raptor, etc and some gloves, knee pads)

    Form a habit of gearing up even for daily riding. It might seem overkill in the beginning; But it will save you a lot of bedrest and heartbreak of being unable to ride your bike for a long time.

    Below is the approximate cost of replacement parts in concern:


    1. Headlight Cowl 950 Rs.
    2. Outer Side Panel: 1200 Rs. for each side
    3. Rear side panel under the seat: 550 Rs for each side
    4. Clip on handle bars: 350 Rs for each side
    5. Side turn indicator: 230 Rs
    6. Mirror:350 Rs


    The whole body kit along with new headlight assembly will set you back around 16-18K Rs

    Not sure about where you can take it in Hyd, but if you are a DIY person then I suggest you get the parts from a dealer/distributor, put on some elbow-grease & fit them yourself which will save you a thousand or two in labour charges.

    All the best!
    raj.pranay likes this.
    Yamaha YZF R15S (Current)
    Bajaj Avenger 220 DTSi (Sold)
    Tvs Scooty Zest (Owned)
    Suzuki Access (Sold)
    Bajaj Pulsar UG3 (Sold)
    Honda Activa (1st Gen)

  5. #12635
    Rookie raj.pranay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    29
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Yamaha YZF-R15 version 2.0

    Quote Originally Posted by yamahamann View Post
    Wow, you sure have put a lot of mileage on the R15, thanks for your useful suggestions!

    After a lot of consideration and diagnosis I have narrowed down the reason for drop in oil levels was due to improper tightening of the drain bolt (highly unlikely and probably because of a lazy mechanic), it somehow came loose on my last ride on the highway and should have dripped some oil on the road/underside of the bike, along with the SVC people taking me for a ride like @PrinceCruise suggested and didn't change/refill the engine oil at time of last service.

    I also stay away from the Motul products since I have read this thread many times and am aware of the bad experiences of fellow R15 owners on the Motul 300v, 7100 etc. At 450 Rs/litre the recommended Yamalube Sporty premuim FS holds pretty well till 2500-3000 Kms.

    I agree with you that heat of up to 45 C does not affect the 150cc mill on the R15 and has sufficient cooling, radiator fan only kicks in after I ride in stop-go traffic for more than 15 minutes.

    As of now everything seems in order, as I checked the oil before it hit the crititcally low level on the dipstick.

    However, now I am habitually checking the exhaust for unusual fumes or roughness in gear shifts until I am sure the issue is solved for good.



    Hi, Good to know you are safe. But from my own experience I recommend you invest in basic riding gear (Armored Jacket like Rynox Tornado Pro, Cramster Raptor, etc and some gloves, knee pads)

    Form a habit of gearing up even for daily riding. It might seem overkill in the beginning; But it will save you a lot of bedrest and heartbreak of being unable to ride your bike for a long time.

    Below is the approximate cost of replacement parts in concern:


    1. Headlight Cowl 950 Rs.
    2. Outer Side Panel: 1200 Rs. for each side
    3. Rear side panel under the seat: 550 Rs for each side
    4. Clip on handle bars: 350 Rs for each side
    5. Side turn indicator: 230 Rs
    6. Mirror:350 Rs


    The whole body kit along with new headlight assembly will set you back around 16-18K Rs

    Not sure about where you can take it in Hyd, but if you are a DIY person then I suggest you get the parts from a dealer/distributor, put on some elbow-grease & fit them yourself which will save you a thousand or two in labour charges.

    All the best!
    Thanks captain.
    yamahamann likes this.

  6. #12636
    Sadakchhapp black asp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Bangalore/Bhubaneswar
    Posts
    536
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Yamaha YZF-R15 version 2.0

    Quote Originally Posted by yamahamann View Post
    Wow, you sure have put a lot of mileage on the R15, thanks for your useful suggestions!

    After a lot of consideration and diagnosis I have narrowed down the reason for drop in oil levels was due to improper tightening of the drain bolt (highly unlikely and probably because of a lazy mechanic), it somehow came loose on my last ride on the highway and should have dripped some oil on the road/underside of the bike, along with the SVC people taking me for a ride like @PrinceCruise suggested and didn't change/refill the engine oil at time of last service.

    I also stay away from the Motul products since I have read this thread many times and am aware of the bad experiences of fellow R15 owners on the Motul 300v, 7100 etc. At 450 Rs/litre the recommended Yamalube Sporty premuim FS holds pretty well till 2500-3000 Kms.

    I agree with you that heat of up to 45 C does not affect the 150cc mill on the R15 and has sufficient cooling, radiator fan only kicks in after I ride in stop-go traffic for more than 15 minutes.

    As of now everything seems in order, as I checked the oil before it hit the crititcally low level on the dipstick.

    However, now I am habitually checking the exhaust for unusual fumes or roughness in gear shifts until I am sure the issue is solved for good.



    Hi, Good to know you are safe. But from my own experience I recommend you invest in basic riding gear (Armored Jacket like Rynox Tornado Pro, Cramster Raptor, etc and some gloves, knee pads)

    Form a habit of gearing up even for daily riding. It might seem overkill in the beginning; But it will save you a lot of bedrest and heartbreak of being unable to ride your bike for a long time.

    Below is the approximate cost of replacement parts in concern:


    1. Headlight Cowl 950 Rs.
    2. Outer Side Panel: 1200 Rs. for each side
    3. Rear side panel under the seat: 550 Rs for each side
    4. Clip on handle bars: 350 Rs for each side
    5. Side turn indicator: 230 Rs
    6. Mirror:350 Rs


    The whole body kit along with new headlight assembly will set you back around 16-18K Rs

    Not sure about where you can take it in Hyd, but if you are a DIY person then I suggest you get the parts from a dealer/distributor, put on some elbow-grease & fit them yourself which will save you a thousand or two in labour charges.

    All the best!
    Now a days until and unless your engine is really screwed up badly you won't see smoke or unusual fumes from the exhaust.
    So go by dipstick method. That's the best. I don't think losely tightened oil cap will result in this bad an evaporation. If it does then you would have seen small oil puddles in the morning .
    Still wait for sometime and see if it's really rectified
    yamahamann likes this.
    Yamaha RXZ 5 speed (sold)
    Bajaj Pulsar 220 DTS-fi( sold)
    Bajaj Discover 112(2006)
    Yamaha R15 v2(2011)
    Yezdi 250 model B(1978 )
    Yamaha RX 135 4 speed(1998 )
    Yamaha Rajdoot 350(1989 unrestored)
    Bajaj pulsar 220 DTS-i (2011)

  7. #12637
    Addicted Santhu Shyam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    123
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Yamaha YZF-R15 version 2.0

    Quote Originally Posted by yamahamann View Post

    Below is the approximate cost of replacement parts in concern:


    1. Headlight Cowl 950 Rs.
    2. Outer Side Panel: 1200 Rs. for each side
    3. Rear side panel under the seat: 550 Rs for each side
    4. Clip on handle bars: 350 Rs for each side
    5. Side turn indicator: 230 Rs
    6. Mirror:350 Rs

    Side turn indicator costs only ₹140 per piece.

  8. #12638
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    Bengaluru
    Posts
    9
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Yamaha YZF-R15 version 2.0

    hello guys, can someone tell me if installing the center stand on the R15 causes any problem while riding like scrapping on the speed breakers(there are really huge ones in bangalore)?
    also do we need to do any kind of welding to fix the center stand spring? the guys at the svc says we have to do a weld hence this question
    also if someone could tell me where in blr they fix the center stand

  9. #12639
    Rookie yamahamann's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Ahmedabad
    Posts
    24
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Yamaha YZF-R15 version 2.0

    Quote Originally Posted by Santhu Shyam View Post
    Side turn indicator costs only ₹140 per piece.
    Thanks for correcting!

    Quote Originally Posted by nitr0X1811 View Post
    hello guys, can someone tell me if installing the center stand on the R15 causes any problem while riding like scrapping on the speed breakers(there are really huge ones in bangalore)?
    also do we need to do any kind of welding to fix the center stand spring? the guys at the svc says we have to do a weld hence this question
    also if someone could tell me where in blr they fix the center stand
    The Center stand does not scrape on most speed humps, But for extremely tall (more than 12-14 cms) speed breakers might scrape it.

    I had the center stand installed for a month or two and did not face any problems with the it. But now I only use it for service/maintenance as it adds unnecessary weight to the bike. (Not much I know but less weight is always better)

    I am sure no welding is needed to fix the center stand, (Yamaha has made provision for fixing it from the factory so)

    The original R15 center stand should cost you about 850 Rs. from SVC & It is held in place by a bolt that goes through a clamp at the bottom of bike, you can see it clearly if you look at the underside of your bike.

    If you are only looking for a stand to service your bike then you can also go for the RX100 center stand which is much cheaper at about 200 Rs. and comes without a spring mechanism. Fixing it is a simple matter of aligning it and sliding the center pin through the clamp I mentioned earlier, doesn't take more than 30 seconds.

    Safe & Happy Riding!
    Midhun.akd likes this.
    Yamaha YZF R15S (Current)
    Bajaj Avenger 220 DTSi (Sold)
    Tvs Scooty Zest (Owned)
    Suzuki Access (Sold)
    Bajaj Pulsar UG3 (Sold)
    Honda Activa (1st Gen)

  10. #12640
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    Bengaluru
    Posts
    9
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Yamaha YZF-R15 version 2.0

    Quote Originally Posted by yamahamann View Post
    Thanks for correcting!



    The Center stand does not scrape on most speed humps, But for extremely tall (more than 12-14 cms) speed breakers might scrape it.

    I had the center stand installed for a month or two and did not face any problems with the it. But now I only use it for service/maintenance as it adds unnecessary weight to the bike. (Not much I know but less weight is always better)

    I am sure no welding is needed to fix the center stand, (Yamaha has made provision for fixing it from the factory so)

    The original R15 center stand should cost you about 850 Rs. from SVC & It is held in place by a bolt that goes through a clamp at the bottom of bike, you can see it clearly if you look at the underside of your bike.

    If you are only looking for a stand to service your bike then you can also go for the RX100 center stand which is much cheaper at about 200 Rs. and comes without a spring mechanism. Fixing it is a simple matter of aligning it and sliding the center pin through the clamp I mentioned earlier, doesn't take more than 30 seconds.

    Safe & Happy Riding!
    thanks for the detailed reply.
    also one more thing, when u had installed the center stand you had done it with the spring as well right? does the yamaha r15 center stand come with the spring or do we have to purchase the spring seperately?

Similar Threads

  1. [Photo Feature]: Castrol Karizma:Version 1
    By MG in forum General Biking Discussion
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-09-2012, 06:23 PM
  2. Replies: 1584
    Last Post: 09-06-2011, 02:01 PM
  3. P220 : S-version coming
    By thunderbird_m6 in forum News
    Replies: 528
    Last Post: 10-29-2010, 03:04 PM
  4. [Photo Feature]: Castrol Karizma:Version 2
    By MG in forum General Biking Discussion
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 04-01-2009, 03:58 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •