Castrol
Castrol
Max

User Tag List

Page 52 of 352 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462102152 ... LastLast
Results 511 to 520 of 3517
Like Tree855Likes

Thread: Honda CBR 150 R

  1. #511
    Rusted
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    822
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by catchdebanjan View Post
    I hope u understand..
    Yes. But one more posting.

    This is the gear ratios of the new CBR150R.
    Primary reduction ratio: 3.260
    Final “ 2.866
    1st gear “ 3.083
    2nd “ 1.941
    3rd “ 1.500
    4th “ 1.227
    5th “ 1.041
    6th “ 0.923.
    The only difference is in the final drive ratio. In the old model it was 2.933 (15 teeth front and 44 teeth rear sprockets) and now it is 2.866 (15 teeth front and 43 teeth rear). Everything except this is the same.

    The result of this modification is increasing the speed by about 2.25% and decreasing the pickup in the same proportion.

    Remember that CBR150R’s maximum torque of 12.66 Nm is at 8500 RPM.
    Last edited by punarvasu; 05-02-2012 at 01:40 PM.

  2. #512
    Rusted aargee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India
    Posts
    9,939
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ravi@17bhp View Post
    Let this thread be informative for the CBR150 owners. Please don't make this an argument thread.
    +1; last time this happened MG cleaned up this thread; and its a continuing menace now!!! I wish the mods/xPolice now ban temporarily some people here, especially those non owners
    No signature for sometime

  3. #513
    Addicted Boon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Chennai,Tripura(Agartala)
    Posts
    214
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sudhir88 View Post
    ALERT : Please ignore those comments and don't reply to it, don't want this thread to be locked again..

    I am getting my bike today, black+green version(without registration). i will post some pics soon i have a question.. when should i lubricate Chain? and any one knows where can i get IND number plates in chennai?
    Congo!!! I will suggest you to lubricate the chain, after you ride some 500 kilometer (This is what i did with my R15).
    AFA IND number plate is concerned - PUDHUPET

    And dont forget to meet me after you take the delivery fo the bike.
    R15 lovers and newbie can join-
    http://www.facebook.com/teamr15

  4. #514
    Moderator antz.bin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Nasik / Pune
    Posts
    5,287
    Blog Entries
    4
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Exclamation

    @Owners, If you want to shut someone up, stuff his/her mouth with facts, not with rants. Everyone who is visiting this thread is obviously interested in knowing how this bike performs and not interested in "My Daddy Strongest!!" type of games.

    The following is a picture of page#126 in the New CBR150R (FI) Thailand edition Owners' Manual in Thai language.



    Source: Google Translate

    Please (Sincere Request) Look into the manual and search for this page if possible.

    This can be done even if the bike is in Run-in OR not approved by RTO OR GPS non availability issues since it doesn't involve any riding or stunts like making videos at high speeds dangerously.

    P.S.: The people who doubt what is mentioned in the Owners' manual (which is provided by Honda Themselves) can go ahead and keep on behaving like a certain Sunny.bzt.

    If the picture above is indeed true, Punarvasu has written nothing wrong anywhere.

    Edit:

    Those who want to discuss the merits and demerits of Pass Light Switch may freely express their thoughts here:

    Pass light function..

    Those who want to discuss the merits and demerits of Engine kill switch may freely express themselves here:

    [Help]: Is using engine kill switch harmful?
    Last edited by antz.bin; 05-02-2012 at 02:25 PM.
    Advice is a form of nostalgia.
    Dispensing it is a way of fishing the past from the disposal, wiping it off, painting over the ugly parts and recycling it for more than it's worth.

    Antz Travelz!! | South India Exploration Ride | Leh Triplog (Work in progress)

  5. #515
    Addicted Boon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Chennai,Tripura(Agartala)
    Posts
    214
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by punarvasu View Post
    Yes. But one more posting.

    This is the gear ratios of the new CBR150R.
    Primary reduction ratio: 3.260
    Final 2.866
    1st gear 3.083
    2nd 1.941
    3rd 1.500
    4th 1.227
    5th 1.041
    6th 0.923.
    The only difference is in the final drive ratio. In the old model it was 2.933 (15 teeth front and 44 teeth rear sprockets) and now it is 2.866 (15 teeth front and 43 teeth rear). Everything except this is the same.

    The result of this modification is increasing the speed by about 2.25% and decreasing the pickup in the same proportion.

    Remember that CBR150Rs maximum torque 12.66 Nm is at 8500 RPM.
    Bro, you are seriously too good in your calculation. No doubt in that at all.
    I also accept that CBR 150R has got very less torque,high speedo error, and was used by some under 18 aged kids in championship races in foreign.

    But lemme inform you something-

    Today morning me (in version 2.0) and my friend (in his CBR 150R) went to Chennai- Bang-lore bypass somewhere around 6.00 am. We rode for nearly one hour. The aim of this ride was to refresh our brain as we were studying continuously for many hours as a part of our exam preparation. As the road remains empty during early morning , we decided to go for full throttle. And
    let me present the top speeds and other parameters of both the bike to you.

    1) When I was on R15 and he was on CBR 150R-

    Top speed of R15- 137 km/h
    Top speed of CBR 150R- 144 km/h

    2) When I was on CBR 150R and he was on R15-

    Top speed of R15- 137 km/h
    Top speed of CBR 150R- 145 km/h

    FYI the R15 has come from servicing two days ago and was properly lubed, and was running in YAMALUBE SS oil. The air pressure of rear tire was 33psi while front was of 28 psi. After riding both the bikes, I have come to the conclusion that CBR 150R is faster than my R15. Within a fraction of some 7sec, he was able to overtake me and even I did the same (when I was on CBR 150R).

    Now before you say that CBR was able to attain such a good speed because of its speedo error, let me inform you that I have seen myself at least some 7 times CBR overtaking my R15. And both the bike were full stock.

    I (along with many) too can come up with some calculations and prove you wrong, but seriously I dont want this thread to get locked again.


    @all CBR owners- You have made a very good choice.

    @xBHPians- I am a YAMAHA fan by birth.I support Jorge Lorenzo and YAMAHA racing.

    Regards,
    Boon
    R15 lovers and newbie can join-
    http://www.facebook.com/teamr15

  6. #516
    Addicted catchdebanjan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Kolkata
    Posts
    234
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by antz.bin View Post
    @Owners, If you want to shut someone up, stuff his/her mouth with facts, not with rants. Everyone who is visiting this thread is obviously interested in knowing how this bike performs and not interested in "My Daddy Strongest!!" type of games.

    The following is a picture of page#126 in the New CBR150R (FI) Thailand edition Owners' Manual in Thai language.



    Source: Google Translate

    Please (Sincere Request) Look into the manual and search for this page if possible.

    This can be done even if the bike is in Run-in OR not approved by RTO OR GPS non availability issues since it doesn't involve any riding or stunts like making videos at high speeds dangerously.

    P.S.: The people who doubt what is mentioned in the Owners' manual (which is provided by Honda Themselves) can go ahead and keep on behaving like a certain Sunny.bzt.

    If the picture above is indeed true, Punarvasu has written nothing wrong anywhere.

    Edit:

    Those who want to discuss the merits and demerits of Pass Light Switch may freely express their thoughts here:

    Pass light function..

    Those who want to discuss the merits and demerits of Engine kill switch may freely express themselves here:

    [Help]: Is using engine kill switch harmful?
    Facts mean real facts.. U cant call speculative gibberish, facts. As for "My
    Daddy Strongest Games" clearly none of the owners have been playing that but, I can say for sure there is a lot of fanboyism on display by some non-owners.. I m not taking names here. But, the message should goto the intented recipients.. I will however try to find the page on the above image

  7. #517
    Rusted mulli84's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Chennai
    Posts
    406
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sudhir88 View Post
    ALERT : Please ignore those comments and don't reply to it, don't want this thread to be locked again..

    I am getting my bike today, black+green version(without registration). i will post some pics soon i have a question.. when should i lubricate Chain? and any one knows where can i get IND number plates in chennai?

    SIGNS INDIA. Its opposite to AUDI Nandanam showroom.

  8. #518
    Addicted catchdebanjan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Kolkata
    Posts
    234
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Boon View Post
    Bro, you are seriously too good in your calculation. No doubt in that at all.
    I also accept that CBR 150R has got very less torque,high speedo error, and was used by some under 18 aged kids in championship races in foreign.

    But lemme inform you something-

    Today morning me (in version 2.0) and my friend (in his CBR 150R) went to Chennai- Bang-lore bypass somewhere around 6.00 am. We rode for nearly one hour. The aim of this ride was to refresh our brain as we were studying continuously for many hours as a part of our exam preparation. As the road remains empty during early morning , we decided to go for full throttle. And
    let me present the top speeds and other parameters of both the bike to you.

    1) When I was on R15 and he was on CBR 150R-

    Top speed of R15- 137 km/h
    Top speed of CBR 150R- 144 km/h

    2) When I was on CBR 150R and he was on R15-

    Top speed of R15- 137 km/h
    Top speed of CBR 150R- 145 km/h

    FYI the R15 has come from servicing two days ago and was properly lubed, and was running in YAMALUBE SS oil. The air pressure of rear tire was 33psi while front was of 28 psi. After riding both the bikes, I have come to the conclusion that CBR 150R is faster than my R15. Within a fraction of some 7sec, he was able to overtake me and even I did the same (when I was on CBR 150R).

    Now before you say that CBR was able to attain such a good speed because of its speedo error, let me inform you that I have seen myself at least some 7 times CBR overtaking my R15. And both the bike were full stock.

    I (along with many) too can come up with some calculations and prove you wrong, but seriously I dont want this thread to get locked again.


    @all CBR owners- You have made a very good choice.

    @xBHPians- I am a YAMAHA fan by birth.I support Jorge Lorenzo and YAMAHA racing.

    Regards,
    Boon
    Great one Boon bro..

    U r displaying true biker traits..

    U appreciate the things as it is and in an unbiased way..

    I love my CBR and I loved my previous Pulsar 135LS

    But, I will never claim my bike is the best.

    Each bike is unique and fun in its own way..

    And to prove that we dont need to pull down other's bikes

    I love bikes and appreciate the beauty of Each Machine
    I have ever ridden and will ride ..

    But, some people will never get that they will continue
    to try and malign every new machine that comes up..

  9. #519
    Rusted mulli84's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Chennai
    Posts
    406
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by catchdebanjan View Post
    Dude I dont care how much u understand bikes,

    I dont care what bike u own and ride

    This is a CBR 150R ownership thread let it be so..

    Stop attacking people with ur biased ideas

    People like you got this thread locked last time..

    I just dont want that to happen

    If you hate CBR 150 R i suggest u start a new thread and invite
    fellow haters there.. But, do spare us



    I hope u understand..

    Nice reply! Im going to ride the bike for normal use and not racing.
    I always wanted to get an R15. But I changed it recently bcoz CBR had a good seating position than R15(for me). Even my mom who saw both the bikes asked me to buy R15. But since I have a problem with my back, I decided to goto CBR.
    Last edited by mulli84; 05-02-2012 at 02:58 PM.

  10. #520
    Addicted voodoo_god13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    90
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Boon View Post
    Now before you say that CBR was able to attain such a good speed because of its speedo error, let me inform you that I have seen myself at least some 7 times CBR overtaking my R15. And both the bike were full stock.

    I (along with many) too can come up with some calculations and prove you wrong, but seriously I dont want this thread to get locked again.

    Out of curiosity did you have a proper drag race between both bikes from stand still? and did you both try riding alonside each other at the same speed and compare speedo readings?

Similar Threads

  1. [What Bike]: Honda Aviator ,Honda Activa or Suzuki Access
    By Bestofrivals in forum What Bike?
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: 08-19-2011, 10:15 PM
  2. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-20-2011, 03:07 AM
  3. [What Bike]: honda unicorn dazzler Vs honda stunner fi
    By NubieDriver in forum What Bike?
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 06-09-2011, 02:37 AM
  4. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 05-08-2011, 02:29 PM
  5. honda selling its stake in hero honda
    By DOCTOR in forum News
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 07-28-2010, 02:30 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •