Castrol
Max

User Tag List

Page 304 of 495 FirstFirst ... 204254294300301302303304305306307308314354404 ... LastLast
Results 3,031 to 3,040 of 4942
Like Tree4097Likes

Thread: KTM Duke 390 - Owners Reviews and Experiences

  1. #3031
    Rusted
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    New Delhi
    Posts
    483
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: KTM Duke 390 - Owners Reviews and Experiences

    Quote Originally Posted by timuseravan View Post
    Did your older ECU also goto 10500? Maybe your newer ecu does not have the problem and goes to 10500.
    Dont' remember as it was just a few days after my first-service. But, I am facing the problem in the newer ECU too.

  2. #3032
    Rookie maverick180's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    18
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: KTM Duke 390 - Owners Reviews and Experiences

    Quote Originally Posted by AmitRavi07 View Post
    Dont' remember as it was just a few days after my first-service. But, I am facing the problem in the newer ECU too.
    Quote Originally Posted by timuseravan View Post
    @senotrius - I have never crossed 30kmpl be it ripping or driving sedately. Maybe my sedate is not sedate enough.
    @AmitRavi07 - what month, year is your bike?

    9500 is more than enough for me. But I am worried that if some bikes have 10500 rpm, that means the ecu map is not the same across bikes. And if the rev limiter is different, what else if different?
    Most worryingly, the svc people and others from KTM/Bajaj have no clue if the rev limiter should be 9500 or 10500.
    Quote Originally Posted by AmitRavi07 View Post
    Mine was from the second batch in Delhi. I got it in the month of October 2013. I too am surprised that they have limited some bikes to 9.5K rpm with the same top-end speed. As far as I remember you got your bike around the same time in Oct-Nov isn't it?
    Quote Originally Posted by timuseravan View Post
    Yeah I got it in Nov. I read about one more guy (in another forum) from first batch who got it in September. He also has rev limited to 9500.
    I am now wondering if bikes with 9500 ecu maps are the ones suffering from engine shutoff problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by senotrius View Post
    its sad we get a restricted version here.9.5krpm limiter.on the other hand I get between 30-40kpl mileage. 30 when I'm ripping occasionally. 40 in normal acceleration mode.tankful method.
    Quote Originally Posted by AmitRavi07 View Post
    Just to be sure I checked the redline limit for first and second gears, and I saw that the bike crossed 10K in both these gears . So as far as my bike is concerned, the rev limiter is definitely at 10.5K. May be I was being paranoid yesterday and saw something else
    So guys what should we do?

    I think the best way to go about it would be send a group e-mail to KTM/Bajaj asking for their clarification regarding the actual RPM at which the rev limiter should cut-in. Thereafter we could go to the respective ASCs and get them solve this issue by resetting the ECU or as the higher ups would suggest.

    What say?
    adityajohanan likes this.
    www.teamrollers.com

  3. #3033
    Rusted senotrius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    cochin.plvtm.
    Posts
    419
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: KTM Duke 390 - Owners Reviews and Experiences

    Quote Originally Posted by timuseravan View Post
    @senotrius - I have never crossed 30kmpl be it ripping or driving sedately. Maybe my sedate is not sedate enough.
    @AmitRavi07 - what month, year is your bike?

    9500 is more than enough for me. But I am worried that if some bikes have 10500 rpm, that means the ecu map is not the same across bikes. And if the rev limiter is different, what else if different?
    Most worryingly, the svc people and others from KTM/Bajaj have no clue if the rev limiter should be 9500 or 10500.
    oh 30kpl+ is easy.otherwise you must be full b2b use.
    now should I get my ecu reset? or is it maybe some display bug?
    ๔ยкє ҭђгєє ภเภєҭұ เภ ๓ұ שєเภร

  4. #3034
    Addicted
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Pune
    Posts
    183
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: KTM Duke 390 - Owners Reviews and Experiences

    Quote Originally Posted by maverick180 View Post
    So guys what should we do?

    I think the best way to go about it would be send a group e-mail to KTM/Bajaj asking for their clarification regarding the actual RPM at which the rev limiter should cut-in. Thereafter we could go to the respective ASCs and get them solve this issue by resetting the ECU or as the higher ups would suggest.

    What say?
    I agree. That seem to be the way forward.
    TVS Suzuki Fiero | HH Karizma | RE Classic 500 | KTM Duke 390

  5. #3035
    Rookie rick_7428's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Pune
    Posts
    39
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: KTM Duke 390 - Owners Reviews and Experiences

    Quote Originally Posted by senotrius View Post
    its sad we get a restricted version here.9.5krpm limiter.on the other hand I get between 30-40kpl mileage. 30 when I'm ripping occasionally. 40 in normal acceleration mode.tankful method.
    wow 30-40 is really great FE.... i never get beyond 25 kmpl ... be it smooth or hard revving , Tankful method basis !

  6. #3036
    Rusted senotrius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    cochin.plvtm.
    Posts
    419
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: KTM Duke 390 - Owners Reviews and Experiences

    samarth 619, got 40kpl @ constant 80kph highway riding.I just got it once.during run in period.however bike was not babied.

    guys, does the duke use same leg guards as the 200ns? seems to me so.
    ๔ยкє ҭђгєє ภเภєҭұ เภ ๓ұ שєเภร

  7. #3037
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Chennai
    Posts
    4
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Do's and Don'ts for new KTM Duke 390 Help!

    Hi guys,

    My KTM Duke 390 is out for delivery in two days time and I was thinking if anyone could shed some light on some do's and don'ts for the new beast. I wanted to know if there be anything that needs to be known which haven't been discussed in the review part. Hoping for some tips for better performance. Thanks in advance!

  8. #3038
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Philippines
    Posts
    14
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: KTM Duke 390 - Owners Reviews and Experiences

    Quote Originally Posted by Cleaner View Post
    10w40 will ruin the engine, use 10w50. Also there should be no labor charges during the free services.

    Tell me, if both spares and labors are paid, what's free in the free service?
    No it will not ruin your engine, 10w40 will just degrade faster than a 10w50

    Please dont miss lead your guys here, I'm from philippines and our local ktm also sell 10w-40 motul oil I dont think they are dumb enough to sell oil that will ruin your engine right?

  9. #3039
    Rusted NitinGirish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Bengaluru
    Posts
    1,025
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default Re: KTM Duke 390 - Owners Reviews and Experiences

    L.H.S Bar end weight fell off this morning on my way to work

    I did not notice any increased vibrations because of absence of the bar end weight. Does it add any value to riding experience? I am thinking of getting them removed along with the handguards.
    A lone amateur built the ark. A large group of professionals built the Titanic...

  10. #3040
    Addicted shootingstar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Mumbai
    Posts
    108
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: KTM Duke 390 - Owners Reviews and Experiences

    Quote Originally Posted by jaswave125 View Post
    No it will not ruin your engine, 10w40 will just degrade faster than a 10w50

    Please dont miss lead your guys here, I'm from philippines and our local ktm also sell 10w-40 motul oil I dont think they are dumb enough to sell oil that will ruin your engine right?
    Which grade of oil your manual recommend to use in philippines, as it also vary depending on climate. Here in india it can be hot so using 10w50 make sense than 10w40, as 10w40 will loose its lubricating property at high temperature compared to w50. Also there will not be much difference in short term but engine will not perform optimally with w40 and in long term there can be big difference.
    svc are smart enough to clear there stock. If there is a problem after 2 years they will be more than happy to fix it even during warranty period they get labour charges from company.

    ----consecutive posts auto-merged-----

    Quote Originally Posted by NitinGirish View Post
    L.H.S Bar end weight fell off this morning on my way to work

    I did not notice any increased vibrations because of absence of the bar end weight. Does it add any value to riding experience? I am thinking of getting them removed along with the handguards.
    It reduces vibration and in cse of fall it gives a bit of protection to bike body

Similar Threads

  1. Ninja 650R - Ownership Thread
    By Noor in forum Superbike And Imports
    Replies: 622
    Last Post: 09-01-2014, 04:17 PM
  2. Fz1 Ownership Thread
    By niks_devil666 in forum Superbike And Imports
    Replies: 677
    Last Post: 02-02-2014, 01:55 AM
  3. Comet GT250 OwnerShip Thread.
    By prabhubravo in forum Superbike And Imports
    Replies: 240
    Last Post: 11-29-2013, 03:54 PM
  4. [Ownership Thread]: TVS Phoenix 125 Ownership Thread
    By adnansanni in forum Motorcycle Ownership Experiences
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 11-06-2013, 10:18 AM
  5. Honda CB1000R Ownership Thread
    By Gthang in forum Superbike And Imports
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 05-31-2011, 11:18 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •