Since '02 xBhp is different things to different people. From a close knit national community of bikers to India's only motorcycling lifestyle magazine and a place to make like minded biker friends. We have one common religion - Bikeism.

T-shirt
Magazine
Castrol Power 1

Check engine oil level before every ride.

Our Partners



User Tag List

Page 762 of 792 FirstFirst ... 262662712752758759760761762763764765766772 ... LastLast
Results 7,611 to 7,620 of 7914
Like Tree3472Likes

Thread: Suzuki Gixxer 155

  1. #7611
    Rookie Rider MotoBlizzard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Hyderabad
    Posts
    321
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Suzuki Gixxer 155

    Quote Originally Posted by Srvn View Post
    Agree with every single point of yours. I believe, because of better margins, most Suzuki svc's do not stock Motul by Suzuki 10W40 oil here in Bangalore, instead have only Idemitsu. If you take your own can of Motul by Suzuki 10W40 they try to reject using it and go an extra mile to scare you with their cheap tactics claiming using anything but Idemitsu voids warranty. Though, I was able to take them for a ride and ensured they use any oil that I take for the svc (hence forth) but I feel sorry for guys who can't tackle these kind of issues these svc's make and budge to their warranty tactics.

    More and more and people should be made aware of such false claims svc's make and should never let them fool their customers in this way.

    Cheers!
    To support your comment, let me add this. Suzuki Motorcycle INdia website recently updated their Accessories section. If you visit the link I have included below you can see that many types of Engine oils are now officially supported by Suzuki including but not limited to MOTUL, Castol and Idemitsu.

    In the Motul range they have the 300V, 7100 and their MINERAL oil 10w40. Please dont mistaken the 10w40 Mineral oil (308INR) for the 5100 semisynthetic oil. The 5100 is not listed on there for some reason..

    https://www.suzukimotorcycle.co.in/a...s-chemicals&n1

    P.S: Something interesting you might notice:

    Idemitsu 10w40 which costs 390INR is apparently Synthetic but no-where on the container does it say whether it is SS or FS
    Motul 10w40 costs 308INR, in this its not mentioned anywhere whether its SS or FS or even Mineral. But I contacted Motul and Suzuki and they both confirm that the Suzuki partnered Motul 10w40 is a Mineral oil.

    Quote Originally Posted by itsgenty View Post
    Fuel indicator problem
    Fuel indicator is constantly moving.
    Did anyone face this problem?
    The tank has a graded fuel sensor. If the you are accelerating or braking abruptly, the petrol gets thrown around in the tank and this petrol will stimulate the different sensor gradings. This will show as a flickering fuel bar on the meter. By logic it usually goes a bar up and then comes back to normal. If its flickering too much, then take your bike to the SVC and report it to them. It might be a faulty sensor and may require a replacement.
    Last edited by MotoBlizzard; 04-21-2017 at 03:30 PM.

  2. #7612
    Rookie Rider MotoBlizzard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Hyderabad
    Posts
    321
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Suzuki Gixxer 2017 Rear Disk Heating Issue

    Quote Originally Posted by ankit_up View Post
    Hello,
    I have recently bought a 2017 gixxer rear disk variant.
    Its has just been about 20 days for the vehicle and i have started hearing some strange sound from the rear disk at slower speeds and the disk is also getting heated too much as compared to front disk.
    Please let me know if this is expected from rear disks and if not then what can be a possible solution to this.

    Thanks
    o.

    Congratz on your new motorcycle. Yes this issue is a common occurrence with almost all new gixxer owners. The brakes pads are fresh so they usually require a process called bedding which is similar to an engine breakin. The pad surface needs to wear down to become efficient at braking. Hence in the initial period the pads will be touching the rear disc, what you need to do is whenever you are braking, use both the front and rear brakes. Also if the screeching sound is excessive, get the rear wheel alignment checked. Most often then not, the rear wheel is misaligned..
    ankit_up likes this.

  3. #7613
    Addicted
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Bangalore
    Posts
    209
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Suzuki Gixxer 155

    Quote Originally Posted by MotoBlizzard View Post

    In the Motul range they have the 300V, 7100 and their MINERAL oil 10w40. Please dont mistaken the 10w40 Mineral oil (308INR) for the 5100 semisynthetic oil. The 5100 is not listed on there for some reason..


    Idemitsu 10w40 which costs 390INR is apparently Synthetic but no-where on the container does it say whether it is SS or FS
    The reason for the exclusion of Motul 5100 in their website is only because it isn't available in 10w40 grade which Suzuki particularly recommends for its Gixxer bikes, 5100 is available in 10w30 and 15w50 only I believe.

    Idemitsu 10w40 is semi-synthetic, the oil container says 'high performance synthetic oil' and also the cost of it makes it pretty much clear it is semi-synthetic.

    Cheers!

  4. #7614
    Rookie Rider MotoBlizzard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Hyderabad
    Posts
    321
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Suzuki Gixxer 155

    Quote Originally Posted by Srvn View Post
    Idemitsu 10w40 is semi-synthetic, the oil container says 'high performance synthetic oil' and also the cost of it makes it pretty much clear it is semi-synthetic.

    Cheers!
    You would think its SS. But the cost doesnt justify it I mean its 390/Liter. Motul 10w40 Mineral is 308/Liter. Motul 15w50 (which btw is within the prescribed range as mentioned in the manual in case of unavailability of 10w40) costs 575/Liter.

    Heres the gist, I have a contact who buys Motul engine oils in bulk sells me 15w50 for 500 (on amazon its 549 right now at 4% off). He tells me he wont get teh Idemitsu oils because they are ****, besides he is actually unable to get hold of a Distributor for Idemitsu.
    From this alone you can tell how pathetic that Idemitsu 10w40 "SS" oil might be. Also when you look at the container, Idemitsu is mentioned in a very small font on the back unlike the Motul mineral oil container where its mentioned clearly on the front so you know what you are buying.

    Seriously suzuki should have just stuck with Motul instead of partnering with Idemitsu.
    When I asked them what Oil comes prefilled from the factory in the new gixxers and they said its the Motul Mineral oil.

  5. #7615
    Addicted
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Bangalore
    Posts
    209
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Suzuki Gixxer 155

    Quote Originally Posted by MotoBlizzard View Post

    You would think its SS. But the cost doesnt justify it I mean its 390/Liter. Motul 10w40 Mineral is 308/Liter. Motul 15w50 (which btw is within the prescribed range as mentioned in the manual in case of unavailability of 10w40) costs 575/Liter.

    Heres the gist, I have a contact who buys Motul engine oils in bulk sells me 15w50 for 500 (on amazon its 549 right now at 4% off). He tells me he wont get teh Idemitsu oils because they are ****, besides he is actually unable to get hold of a Distributor for Idemitsu.
    From this alone you can tell how pathetic that Idemitsu 10w40 "SS" oil might be. Also when you look at the container, Idemitsu is mentioned in a very small font on the back unlike the Motul mineral oil container where its mentioned clearly on the front so you know what you are buying.

    Seriously suzuki should have just stuck with Motul instead of partnering with Idemitsu.
    When I asked them what Oil comes prefilled from the factory in the new gixxers and they said its the Motul Mineral oil.
    Apologies for the long post

    I think we are on the same page!

    I second to your point, Idemitsu 10w40 is pathetic and 5100 15w50 is a terrific oil.

    Most, if not all semi-synthetic oils are priced in the ~400 Rs vicinity, except for the Motul 5100 (my POV below), even Motul's 3100 semi-synthetic 20w50 (used in P220s mostly) is priced at 410/L.

    Most Mineral oils are priced in the 280-320Rs price bracket per litre and All FS oils are priced 800+Rs/L.

    Suzuki by Motul 10w40 is priced 308/L as rightly said by you.

    So the pricing gives the customers a rough idea as to what oil he is buying, Mineral or semi-synthetic or FS.

    Now coming to the point, why is Motul 5100 is priced above all Semi-synthetic oils in the market? It's because the ratio of mineral vs synthetic part is 50:50, or even has >50% synthetic vs Mineral base stock in the 5100 oil. Where as Motul 3100 being semi-synthetic definitely has the synthetic ratio <50% vs Mineral base stock. Hence the price difference and superior performance.

    I have used all 3 oils from Motul 3100, 5100, 7100 on my D200, all above points are from my own experience. IMHO 5100 is the most impressive of the three. Motul recommends same drain intervals for both 7100 FS and 5100 SS, which in case of D200 is 5K kms, this goes to show how good the 5100 really is. Priced almost 300Rs less than 7100, for a guy like me who do not cover too many kms, 5100 serves great because I can drain the oil and pour in new for every 6 months (I probably do some 3K kms) without worrying too much about the cost of the oil (against 7100)

    My friend owns an SF and I take care of his ride and are really happy with Suzuki by Motul 10w40, just like me even he does not cover too many kms (hardly 1k kms every 3 months) so without much worry we replace the oil every service and also is easy on the pocket.

    Cheers!
    Last edited by Srvn; 04-21-2017 at 11:21 PM.
    Navk likes this.

  6. #7616
    Rookie Rider MotoBlizzard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Hyderabad
    Posts
    321
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Suzuki Gixxer 155

    Quote Originally Posted by Srvn View Post
    I think we are on the same page!

    Cheers!
    Cheers mate!
    Navk likes this.

  7. #7617
    Addicted bala13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    151
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Suzuki Gixxer 155

    Quote Originally Posted by Srvn View Post

    Now coming to the point, why is Motul 5100 is priced above all Semi-synthetic oils in the market? It's because the ratio of mineral vs synthetic part is 50:50, or even has >50% synthetic vs Mineral base stock in the 5100 oil. Where as Motul 3100 being semi-synthetic definitely has the synthetic ratio <50% vs Mineral base stock. Hence the price difference and superior performance.

    Cheers!
    Yes, motul 3100 and 5100 both are ss oil. But motul 5100 uses ester and 3100 doesn't. Hence price is high.
    Navk likes this.
    Live To Ride✌

  8. #7618
    Addicted
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Bangalore
    Posts
    209
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Suzuki Gixxer 155

    Quote Originally Posted by bala13 View Post
    Yes, motul 3100 and 5100 both are ss oil. But motul 5100 uses ester and 3100 doesn't. Hence price is high.
    You're right mate, I missed the ester part. Thank you!

  9. #7619
    Addicted icarious's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Salt Lake City, Kolkata
    Posts
    63
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Suzuki Gixxer 155

    Quote Originally Posted by MotoBlizzard View Post
    You would think its SS. But the cost doesnt justify it I mean its 390/Liter. Motul 10w40 Mineral is 308/Liter. Motul 15w50 (which btw is within the prescribed range as mentioned in the manual in case of unavailability of 10w40) costs 575/Liter.

    Heres the gist, I have a contact who buys Motul engine oils in bulk sells me 15w50 for 500 (on amazon its 549 right now at 4% off). He tells me he wont get teh Idemitsu oils because they are ****, besides he is actually unable to get hold of a Distributor for Idemitsu.
    From this alone you can tell how pathetic that Idemitsu 10w40 "SS" oil might be. Also when you look at the container, Idemitsu is mentioned in a very small font on the back unlike the Motul mineral oil container where its mentioned clearly on the front so you know what you are buying.

    Seriously suzuki should have just stuck with Motul instead of partnering with Idemitsu.
    When I asked them what Oil comes prefilled from the factory in the new gixxers and they said its the Motul Mineral oil.
    I have been following this thread and your posts since the oil discussion came up. The Motul 5100 15w50 review is catching my attention. I have around 4000 kms on ODO right now (been following draining intervals of 4k kms for the stock mineral). I do city rides and occasional highway rides too. Considering few long rides soon. I have my 3rd service pending next month and the Suzuki SVC people I visit are really nice. They don't force any oil / oil change preference on you. I have seen people taking their own cans for oil change and buying just the oil filter. They just said they only stock and sell the stock 'Suzuki by Motul' Mineral oil. Could you shed some light if the 5100 is worth considering (even though the grades are different) over the stock 'Motul by Suzuki' consider our city temperatures or I should just stick to the stock? I will keep changing the oil every 4k kms as suggested in manual. But cost is not an issue for me, as long as the change is actually beneficial to maintaining the engine.
    Last edited by icarious; 04-22-2017 at 01:20 AM. Reason: Amendment
    Navk likes this.

  10. #7620
    Rookie Rider MotoBlizzard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Hyderabad
    Posts
    321
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Suzuki Gixxer 155

    Quote Originally Posted by icarious View Post
    I have been following this thread and your posts since the oil discussion came up. The Motul 5100 15w50 review is catching my attention. I have around 4000 kms on ODO right now (been following draining intervals of 4k kms for the stock mineral). I do city rides and occasional highway rides too. Considering few long rides soon. I have my 3rd service pending next month and the Suzuki SVC people I visit are really nice. They don't force any oil / oil change preference on you. I have seen people taking their own cans for oil change and buying just the oil filter. They just said they only stock and sell the stock 'Suzuki by Motul' Mineral oil. Could you shed some light if the 5100 is worth considering (even though the grades are different) over the stock 'Motul by Suzuki' consider our city temperatures or I should just stick to the stock? I will keep changing the oil every 4k kms as suggested in manual. But cost is not an issue for me, as long as the change is actually beneficial to maintaining the engine.
    15w50 is perfectly fine for teh SF even though the recommended grade is 10w40. The only thing is in winter you will have to warm up the bike for a slightly higher duration as a 15w oil will be more viscous (thicker) than a 10w oil at the lower temps.

    Like I said before a better and more expensive oil will reduce teh wear and tear between the mechanical parts and prolong their life. But this has to be weighed against other aspects such as how often do you ride, how do you ride, where do you ride, in what conditions do you ride and what is your service interval and whether your SVC is compliant with the extended oil change intervals of the 7100 and 300V oils and the like.

    To me the 15w50 is more than enough for the style of riding I have and for the conditions I ride in. I do mostly city rides and track days during the weekends. However in the city I dont change gears early like most Indian riders do because that is counterproductive. I take it all teh way to 5k or 6k rpms before shifting. If you try to shift at 4k or less you are technically lugging the engine because the bike has excellent mid end torque not low end torque.

    That being said, I will shifting to 10w40 mineral oil in my next service because I wont be doing track days for a few months. Best way to understand the difference between the oils is for you to try out this yourself. The feeling will be subjective but the function is definitely objective.

    If money is not an issue, you might as well try out the 7100 10w40 if you want absolute best for your bike.
    icarious and Navk like this.

Similar Threads

  1. Suzuki Gixxer 155 Ridden and Reviewed
    By The Monk in forum Bike Reviews
    Replies: 132
    Last Post: 09-16-2016, 07:21 PM
  2. Replies: 10
    Last Post: 02-11-2016, 05:30 AM
  3. Replies: 49
    Last Post: 10-02-2014, 08:41 PM
  4. Replies: 112
    Last Post: 09-09-2014, 02:07 PM
  5. 2012 Suzuki Gixxer Thou !!
    By kachhhing in forum Superbike And Imports
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-08-2011, 04:02 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •