Hello folks.. Back to the forum after a long time... Got the 250 for my wifey and quite a bike it is...
Quick initial impressions :
- The new design is a looker! I never really liked the older design. This new 250 is sharper and more evil. Too many eyes fall on it on the road. White looks better than the Orange as its a new shade if orange KTM has introduced.
- Bike is smooth, not kawa or Honda smooth, but for a KTM, its smooth.
- Its silent and no more auto audio, but the radiator fan is loud.
- Rode for about 10kms in traffic at 1pm, no heat directed towards the leg, even when fan is on.
- There is no urgency in the way the power is delivered, very linear for most part of the power band.
- There's a slight lag at around 4k rpm, post which all the power kicks in.
- 1st gear seems talls and will let you putter in traffic.
- Plenty of torque to assist in overtakes even with pillion.
- Suspension seems softer than older model, handles uneven road and ditches well.
- No irritating vibrations felt anywhere, although zome plastics are buzzing.
- The display has a nice feature where a F trip starts once fuel reaches the lowest level.
- Brakes lack bite.. May be they need to be run in, front is alright, rear is a big zero currently.
- YES, tank holtds 13 ltrs.. filled 12 ltrs in front of me :-P
more to come soon...
Pics for now
IMG_20170414_113134 by Nishanth N, on Flickr
IMG_20170414_113342 by Nishanth N, on Flickr
IMG_20170414_113537 by Nishanth N, on Flickr
IMG_20170414_113415 by Nishanth N, on Flickr
It's always better to lose a second in life than to lose life in a second!
Has anyone experienced wobbling of the front post 130kmph?
What fe you guys getting in b2b traffic?. And have any of you guys ridden dominar before considering this bike? I have ridden dominar but not able to find test ride of the new dukes in Bangalore. Dominar was a bit viby, I was only able to start the bike(dukes) and rev a bit to get a idea about the vibes on the bike..
----consecutive posts auto-merged-----