By My experience the safest bike is Bullet in India. I own Electra 5s and here are my comments on it.
1. I fitted ABS from saferideabs.com. So now the front disc doesn't lock up the tyre. Due to Disc-brakes the braking had gone better than drum brakes.
2. It is heavy and very well balanced. So road grip is exceptionally good.
3. It is loud, so attracts attention. Majorly for other 2 wheelers and walking people, it is dangerous to be around.
4. People in India have a respect/attitude towards Bullet. And somehow they feel that bullet riders are aliens from any form of understanding point of view.
5. Try waving to a truck driver while overtaking him. He will definitely go to a side and would not race.
I hope this answers your question.