It all started back in 2004, when i met this Guy during our PG Days. I already had 2 RX135s then & this guy after test riding my baby wanted nothing else except an RX. He had a KB100 before, but upgrading to an RX was a dream come true for him.
Took him to Yamaha Showroom & since the dealer knew me pretty well, he said he can offer us the below bikes:
- RX135 4-Speed With Crux Like Meters + Small Cat-Con Exhuast + 5-Speed Like Clutch & Magnet Covers with smaller 2T oil pump.
- RX-Z 5-Speed (Yes it is true, we were offered Brand New RX-Z which was to be sold in Black)
The asking price for an RX-Z was too much & my friend was not too keen on buying an RX-Z for all the Bling-Bling factor associated with it. So we went ahead & bought Black Colour RX135 4-Speed. Since most of you already know, the latest RX135 4-Speed came with RX100 type Tank & Shield Sticker Designs, hence my friend wanted a stock RX135 look. Here is what we did even before we took delivery from showroom:
- Brand New Classic RX135 Tank + Shield in Exchange of what came in bike.
- Brand New 5-Speed Cylinder Kit (4TL10) in Exchange of what came in bike.
- New 16" Rims & MRF "Moto D" 3.25 x 16 in rear in Exchange of what came in bike.
- New Big Cat-Con Exhaust in Exhange of what came in bike.
Fast forward 8Yrs & even till date the bike is running on the same setup, yes even the tyres are still the same. So now finally my friend decided to overhaul his bike, especially the engine part. Knowing his crave for Higher Power, i formulated a solution for him, after thorough discussion.
Below is the brief list of Items that will go into his bike, which when completed will be one of a kind:
- 5-Speed Bore Kit (4TL10) Rebored to 1st Oversize (58.25mm) with "4Y201 ART" Piston and ported to Stage 3 specs at the moment. (Currently the bike is running with stock 4TL10 kit with STD piston, the same will be rebored & kept as spare)
- 4-Speed Head (Exisiting) suitably modified to get the right compression.
- Energy Induction Spec 90/100W Ignition Kit with Philips Rally 90/100W Bulb, NGK Iridium Plug & Water Proof Plug Adaptor.
- Energy Induction Spec Expansion Chamber.
- New CrankShaft with Imported "4Y2" ConnectingRod having Silver B.E Bearing. (Un-Used "2YA" Connecting Rod with Imported Copper B.E Bearing is for sale, interested may send us enquires)
- RX-King Clutch Plates (Set of 6)
- YZ125 Clutch Springs
- RX-King "KOYO" Engine Bearing (Set of 2)
- Front End including Disc assembly of Yamaha Gladiator
- New 18" Union Cycle Rims for Rear.
- New Tyres : Front ---> IRC / CEAT / MICHELIN
Rear ----> MICHELIN
- Mikuni TM24 Flatslide Carburettor (will be procured shortly)
- Original 5-Speed Clutch & Magnet Covers Incorporating Big 2T Oil Pump. (5-Speed Lookalike Clutch & Magnet Covers Incoporating Small 2T Oil Pump is for sale, interested may send us enquires)
- RX-King Close-Ratio 5-Speed GearBox.
- 16T/36T Sproketing
As with every build, there is a motive & in this case it is about really quick acceleration. We will be putting this bike to test along side my Modified Esteem & Chethan's Modified VTEC for quarter mile timings.
The friend i am referring here is none other than Ashwin (xbhp id : iamdstig) & i will leave you guys with a teaser pic for now.