This is the first time I am going ahead and actually writing down my ride experience.
Hope it turns out to be good!
So, here goes nothing!
Hello fellow riders! I am Varun Satokar, I recently completed my engineering from Nagpur, Maharashtra.
Ever since I started "pataofying" my parents to buy me a bike for college, my relation with xbhp had started and since then xbhp has influenced every rider related aspect of mine and I am very thankful to all those who helped me directly or indirectly!
This is about a ride we've been planning from the moment the "touring keeda" bit us after my friend Amogh and I broke free from our monotonous engineering routine last year when we went ahead with our first ever proper long ride from Nagpur-Goa.
Ladakh, as we all would agree is for bikers what bulbs are to flies! So it had to be done and it was, this June.
There is lots to share, lots of tips too!
Hope this travelogue is quickly approved by the mods!
From scorching heat to freezing cold! A ride of a lifetime! (Nagpur - Leh - Delhi)
UPDATED ON 11/02/14!!!
1) Square 1 : Preparation and Planning
2) Day 0 : Pre-ride chaos!
3) Day 1 : Nagpur - Jhansi
4) Day 2 : Jhansi - Delhi
5) Delhi Stay
6) Day 3 :Scorching heat to sand storms! (Delhi - Jammu)
7) Day 4 :Worst day of our trip. (Jammu - Ramban)
8) Day 5 :Ramban to Srinagar and a ride on water!
9) Day 6 :Srinagar to Kargil
10) Day 7 :Kargil to Leh! Finally!!
11) Finally Leh'd :Soaking it in! (Bike problem solved!!)
12) Day 8 :Leh - K-top - Nubra Valley(Hunder and Diskit)
13) Day 9 :Nubra - Leh and the brewing of a bad idea..
14) Day 10: The Bad Idea: A failed Pangong Plan...
15) Day 11: Two days of relaxation and the Return journey begins (Leh-Sarchu)
16) The most difficult day: The ride continues...
17) .....continued : reaching Sarchu
18)Sarchu's plans for us..
19)Longest night of my life, leaving Sarchu..leaving a piece of me behind..