Yo, happy new year fellas! You can TLDR the below post and skip to the steak, i.e. if you think that's a juicy steak.
While our true blue wanderers and globetrotters are busy gobbling miles and reaching faraway lands, I decided to gobble pegs of whisky in a nearby destination called Mangaluru. Well, you might argue but the significance of consuming liquor is pivotal to happiness, especially when it's new year's eve, and:
- when you're tired of corporate bullcrap
- when the concrete jungle nauseates you for the longest time
- when you've lost every race with every other urban rat there is, and....
- when you get the most critical permission of riding till your destination from your better half; I mean you may wanna make more out of it but this setup wasn't really unexciting for me in anyway.
- also, when your significant half understands the significance and allows two days of permit to binge *if you know what I mean*
So, there it is. I celebrated my year end with couple of my friends in the beautiful city of Mangalore. And in the process we also covered Bekal, Kasargod, Kerala and Malpe in Udupi, Karnataka. And, by all means the city is beautiful, I must reiterate. Some of you may feel that it's just another journal entry to the unending list of Managalore logs but as a first timer, I will grab the chance to praise the beauty of the region in the most deserving manner. Pretty darn straight!
Amidst all the procrastination & excitement in the past few days of this new year, and now that I have finally started the story, let's do away with all the customary checklist -
routes (I think) -
blr-kunigal-hassan-sakleshpur-puttur-mangaluru (375 kms, I guess )
mangaluru-bekal (~67 km, one way)
mangaluru-malpe-panambur-tannirbhavi (I don't know, maybe 140 overall)
return - refer to the first route in reverse order
place of stay - Hotel Emporium, KRR road, Mangalore
the wide-angle captures:
the above picture says, 180 kms to Mangalore
bunts hostel circle, mangalore
entrance to the fort in Bekal; that would be Bekal Fort!
The attack on Malpe!
The good pano of penambur beach, you can safely skip malpe for this gem
wokae seri/sarey! 'will post some more stuff later. It's a lot of work, you know!