Me & a friend of mine are planning a 5 day ride from 24th June starting from Frankfurt. We have booked our rides already and are now working on the route.
I know Sunny (of course) & Ken have been riding through Europe extensively. Maybe a few others too.
I need some help with the following:
1. Suggested route through Alps - Around 1500kms I would say.
2. Starting from & ending at Frankfurt.
3. Can not ride through Austria since we aren't carrying IDPs. No way to get them since we aren't in India since the last few months.
4. Would be good to avoid highways unless absolutely necessary and ride along the less crowded and scenic routes.
5. Any contacts along the route if anyone has them. Will be good to have a few phone numbers on us to call in case of emergency. We won't be having much of a backup and will be totally on our own.
6. Any other tips, like suggested B&Bs to stay, or must-do-things, dos & dont's are much appreciated!
This being our first ride in Europe, any help is much appreciated.
We did some initial planning and here are the basic routes.
1. Mostly going bonkers over Swiss Alps
Max-Holder-Straße 5 to Max-Holder-Straße 5 - Google Maps
2. Max-Holder-Straße 5 to Max-Holder-Straße 5 - Google Maps
3. Max-Holder-Straße 5 to Max-Holder-Straße 5 - Google Maps
Cheers & Thanks!!