Since '02 xBhp is different things to different people. From a close knit national community of bikers to India's only motorcycling lifestyle magazine and a place to make like minded biker friends. We have one common religion - Bikeism.

Castrol Power 1

Keep your helmet tightly strapped up.

Our Partners



User Tag List

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 36
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Pulsar 220 f/s or Royal Enfield Classic 350

  1. #1
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    New Delhi,India
    Posts
    12
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Question Pulsar 220 f/s or Royal Enfield Classic 350

    Hi mates,
    I'm Manik Malhotra, 18 years old.I have just written 12th board's exams and looking forward to college.I had a little query about choosing my road partner.
    I know its stupid to compare a bullet to a pulsar because both are kings in their own category but still I'm a little confused.As for the budget ,I can shell out only upto 100k's(+-10k).I'm a little on the heavier side,broad shoulders and quite some muscles with a height of 5'11" and a weight of around a quintal.I have owned only a honda eterno scooter uptill now and haven't had any experience with bullets.I prefer comfort,styling,power...I'm seeking an expert advise from you all as I know that you all are experienced riders..Please help me..Any new sugestions will also work..

  2. #2
    Rusted Aryan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    New Delhi/ Shillong
    Posts
    18,673
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Topic Approved.
    ...in search of that perfect world - My Travel Blog :)

  3. #3
    Addicted krates's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Kanpur
    Posts
    244
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    why not a R15??
    Riding, loving and enjoying my lord of the streets.. FZ-S...

    And dreaming of an R6/R1/FZ1/CBR 1000RR


    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  4. #4
    Rusted Dogg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Jubilee Hills
    Posts
    548
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by coool_manik View Post
    Hi mates,
    I'm Manik Malhotra, 18 years old.I have just written 12th board's exams and looking forward to college.I had a little query about choosing my road partner.
    I know its stupid to compare a bullet to a pulsar because both are kings in their own category but still I'm a little confused.As for the budget ,I can shell out only upto 100k's(+-10k).I'm a little on the heavier side,broad shoulders and quite some muscles with a height of 5'11" and a weight of around a quintal.I have owned only a honda eterno scooter uptill now and haven't had any experience with bullets.I prefer comfort,styling,power...I'm seeking an expert advise from you all as I know that you all are experienced riders..Please help me..Any new sugestions will also work..
    well,as i am a p220 owner,i can say this - it will put a smile on ur face every time u open the throttle at any speed.. the way this thing pulls from very low sppeds to very insane speeds is soo intoxicating and the sound track !!! damn good..
    and abt the bullet,that will be a totally different lifestyle choice..
    RED BULL did'nt give me WINGS, my BIKE did !!

  5. #5
    Rusted abhayshanu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Andheri - E, Bombay
    Posts
    457
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    What kind of rider are you?
    A laid back, relaxed one or the one who zips past everyone and enjoys himself?
    If you are one of the first, then forget the P220, just close your eyes and get a bullet, simple, but if you are one of the second then get the P220 F not the S because it just isnt worth it.

  6. #6
    Rusted desideep's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    PB03,DL
    Posts
    764
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I own and ride a STD 350 which is a good bike no matter how many problems it has given me. but as i can see that you are a student. i would recomend you to go for a bike that would be problem free and more reliable, though the Classic 350's are reliable as compared to theold Bullets. but still Pulsar will be able to take care for your need for speed.

    i am going for another bike that is P220S
    |1981 RE Bullet 350 STD | 2008 HH CBZ | 1997 LML NVSpl |

  7. #7
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    New Delhi,India
    Posts
    12
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by krates View Post
    why not a R15??
    I didn't find r15 comfortable..and the mileage is also VERY low..

  8. #8
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    New Delhi,India
    Posts
    12
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by abhayshanu View Post
    What kind of rider are you?
    A laid back, relaxed one or the one who zips past everyone and enjoys himself?
    If you are one of the first, then forget the P220, just close your eyes and get a bullet, simple, but if you are one of the second then get the P220 F not the S because it just isnt worth it.
    I'm a laid back rider,I speed only on expressways.I wanted to ask which one is more comfortable??

  9. #9
    Rusted abhayshanu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Andheri - E, Bombay
    Posts
    457
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Then go for the bullet, but remember this the waiting period is around 8 months and as far as i know, the new bullets are almost as reliable as a pulsar.
    You could also get a used bullet for now and then get use it then buy a new one or get a new pulsar now and get a used bullet also.

    But as you said that you are a laid back driver you should go for the bullet, but if you want good speed and real comfort you can also go for the ZMA - R or ZMR.

  10. #10
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    New Delhi,India
    Posts
    12
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by abhayshanu View Post
    Then go for the bullet, but remember this the waiting period is around 8 months and as far as i know, the new bullets are almost as reliable as a pulsar.
    You could also get a used bullet for now and then get use it then buy a new one or get a new pulsar now and get a used bullet also.

    But as you said that you are a laid back driver you should go for the bullet, but if you want good speed and real comfort you can also go for the ZMA - R or ZMR.
    8 months?Thats long..I can't wait that much..Can somebody please tell about the mileage of p220 and classic 350??

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. [Ownership Thread]: Royal Enfield
    By prakash_mvpa in forum Motorcycle Ownership Experiences
    Replies: 843
    Last Post: 3 Weeks Ago, 02:23 PM
  2. [Ownership Thread]: Royal Enfield Classic 500
    By prabhubravo in forum Motorcycle Ownership Experiences
    Replies: 1230
    Last Post: 03-26-2017, 10:16 AM
  3. Royal Enfield Bullet Classic is in Town!!
    By BuddhaSource in forum Motorcycle Ownership Experiences
    Replies: 240
    Last Post: 11-28-2011, 01:11 AM
  4. Need help on a Royal Enfield
    By Penno in forum Help Me!
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 12-14-2009, 02:41 AM
  5. Replies: 8
    Last Post: 11-28-2009, 11:03 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •