Castrol
Max

User Tag List

Page 1 of 14 1234511 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 140

Thread: YAMAHA FZ-S or TVS APACHE RTR 180 ?

  1. #1
    Addicted Nithyan.S's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Trivandrum
    Posts
    70
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Smile YAMAHA FZ-S or TVS APACHE RTR 180 ?

    I'm 20 yrs old...5'4'' inch tall..60 kg.
    I've been riding a kinetic till this date...I will be buying a bike coming august.
    I'm confused with Yamaha Fz and the Tvs apache rtr 180.
    Problem is that I like both bikes very much.....my major considerations are STYLE AND POWER....i'll be riding only 20kms everyday.
    I rode both bikes,still could'nt make a decision.
    While Fz scores for its super looks,apache tops in power...my parents are only concerned with the price and they ask me only to go for the less costly one...
    but i dont want to make a decision just like that...Which gives more value to money? I've heard very good about the superb yamaha engine,and that TVS falls behind in riding quality and spare parts....But still I like the sound and throttle of rtr...so...really in a dilemma....please guys.....help me

  2. #2
    Moderator Samarth 619's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Rajasthan
    Posts
    3,734
    Blog Entries
    3
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Topic Approved.

    Get the RTR 180. You won't regret it. Despite having no monoshock, RTR has serious track level handling... Its great and sporty enough, for your height too.

    I did test ride it once and came back very happy. Its performed like its tail was on fire! FZ doesn't perform that good when I tested it (obviously, no replacement for displacement).


    My suggestion is that you check out both 2011 RTR 180 and 2012 model too, so you have 2 design choices right now. Choose the one that suits you, and that's it. Better hurry before the old model disappears from the first hand market... You might get a discount too on them.


    And one more thing: There are enough TVS owners on this forum, and they know that if you maintain and love your machine, service her from time to time, she won't let you down.
    Even my machine (2007 Pulsar 180 UG3) isn't considered reliable, but I always took care, serviced her, relied on her during the long 570 kms trip, etc. and she never let me down in these 5 years.

  3. #3
    Rusted Enthusiastic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Bangalore/Ranchi
    Posts
    526
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Go for Pulsar 200NS. You will get the best of both the worlds
    Whats there in a signature?

  4. #4
    Addicted shravanchoudhary9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    JODHPUR, RAJASTHAN
    Posts
    131
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Enthusiastic View Post
    Go for Pulsar 200NS. You will get the best of both the worlds
    dude 200ns is not comfortable for 5.4" even its just okay for 5.6".

  5. #5
    Addicted kr1sh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    India <-> Malaysia
    Posts
    57
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Thumbs up

    Quote Originally Posted by Samarth 619 View Post
    Topic Approved.

    Get the RTR 180. You won't regret it. Despite having no monoshock, RTR has serious track level handling... Its great and sporty enough, for your height too.

    I did test ride it once and came back very happy. Its performed like its tail was on fire!

    I agree with that.

    I'm 5.3'', and apache RTR 180 has been awesome to me. Ride quality refines well as the engine gets used and if maintained properly.
    The other only track capable bike is yamaha r15 v2.0 Brakes are awesome, but ABS in apache 180 are better than that.

    Also, try to get the 2011 180 RTR before stock finishes.. unless you like the new hideous design.

  6. #6
    Addicted kr1sh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    India <-> Malaysia
    Posts
    57
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Talking

    Let me also put it another way.

    If you are a fan of having 6th gear, liquid cooling, 4 valves per cylinder, 4 sensors, lesser capacity petrol tank, no worries about pillion's back pain issues and dont get stuck in traffic often and have the cash to splash out then go for r15 version 2.0


    And if you crash on r15, get ready to splash out more cash (like 12,000 I guess for the panels) because it doesnt come with provision to fit crash guard / bobbins.
    Last edited by kr1sh; 06-26-2012 at 06:59 AM. Reason: adding crashing details

  7. #7
    somen1984
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nithyan.S View Post
    I'm confused with Yamaha Fz and the Tvs apache rtr 180.
    Problem is that I like both bikes very much.....my major considerations are STYLE AND POWER....i'll be riding only 20kms everyday.
    Anytime RTR 180 ABS

    Quote Originally Posted by Nithyan.S View Post
    I rode both bikes,still could'nt make a decision.
    While Fz scores for its super looks,apache tops in power...my parents are only concerned with the price and they ask me only to go for the less costly one...
    I guess the difference in both bikes of around 10k-15k right?? RTR 180ABA is around 94k and FZ is around 78-80k.

    Quote Originally Posted by Nithyan.S View Post
    but i dont want to make a decision just like that...Which gives more value to money? I've heard very good about the superb yamaha engine,and that TVS falls behind in riding quality and spare parts....But still I like the sound and throttle of rtr...so...really in a dilemma....please guys.....help me
    No sense talking!!! Your heart is already speaking in favour of RTR !!! lol...


    Quote Originally Posted by kr1sh View Post
    Let me also put it another way.

    If you are a fan of having 6th gear, liquid cooling, 4 valves per cylinder, 4 sensors, lesser capacity petrol tank, no worries about pillion's back pain issues and dont get stuck in traffic often and have the cash to splash out then go for r15 version 2.0

    .

    This is very off topic and out of range....
    R15 will cost him for 1.3L which is too much of difference!!

    If he would have in range of 1.3 then he would have questioned on R15 and Duke !!

  8. #8
    Rusted shahbaz63's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Mumbai - Thane, Maharashtra, India.
    Posts
    1,744
    Blog Entries
    1
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    My Height is around 5'6/7 Weight less then 60 (aka Slim Shaby hahaha)

    Apache 180 suits me the best in terms of handling, weight of bike & other factor which interrupt me from buying 200cc+ bike...

    Apache 180 is best bike you can get in the segment of 180cc bikes... RTR

    Apache with 17bhp makes a difference & there is no match for Acceleration too....

    My Opinion Apache 180 (With ABS if you can afford)
    Last edited by shahbaz63; 06-26-2012 at 02:39 PM.
    Pride & Prejudice: Ladakh Ride,

    Apache RTR 180 ABS, Motorcycle Review

    Ride To Raajmachi - Highway, Off Roading, Tent fire & Dhamaal

    Madness in Rajasthan - Travelogue


    "ATGATT, because sweat dries faster than skin heals"
    Riding faster then every one else will only guarantees you will ride alone.

    www.facebook.com/shahbaz008

  9. #9
    Addicted Chandru Raj's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Chennai
    Posts
    177
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Apache all the way, get it with the ABS you won regret it
    CBR250R |
    Bajaj Pulsar 180 - dts i |
    Bajaj CT 100

    Sometimes it takes a whole tankful of fuel before you can think straight.

    It was not that far on the map.

  10. #10
    Rusted happybiking's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    JH->OR->AP->MH->KA...
    Posts
    567
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Am surprised there's even a comparison.

    RTR180 ABS any day man...Is the quickest to 100kph among allthe sub 1.3Lakh bikes...ABS is a welcome addition and pretty neat tool for safety. Track reliability is proven(CSS uses RTRs for training if you dont get your bike there )...Be it any bike unless you take care of it, will perish soon. wish u a Happy biking

Page 1 of 14 1234511 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Apache RTR vs Yamaha FZ
    By tappa in forum What Bike?
    Replies: 134
    Last Post: 06-17-2011, 02:31 AM
  2. Apache RTR 180 vs Yamaha FZ 16... first bike
    By yeshkadiyala in forum What Bike?
    Replies: 41
    Last Post: 12-14-2010, 09:51 PM
  3. Replies: 52
    Last Post: 04-25-2010, 09:39 PM
  4. Upgrading from Apache RTR160 to Yamaha R15
    By Wheel_Spin in forum What Bike?
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 12-09-2009, 06:55 PM
  5. APACHE RTR 160 FI vs YAMAHA FZ 16
    By harismahesh in forum What Bike?
    Replies: 43
    Last Post: 11-29-2008, 09:47 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •