Since '02 xBhp is different things to different people. From a close knit national community of bikers to India's only motorcycling lifestyle magazine and a place to make like minded biker friends. We have one common religion - Bikeism.

T-shirt
Magazine
Castrol Power 1

Practice slow-speed riding.

Our Partners



User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 39
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Which bike is good for me?

  1. #21
    Addicted
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    India
    Posts
    57
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Which bike is good for me?

    Quote Originally Posted by rugved View Post
    Is It possible to have Split Seats. Yes I am sure there has to be some Seats guy who can do that for you. Will it be comfortable enough and look good on the bike, that depends on how much he can understand your requirements and his skills to materialise them.

    If its time for you to buy a new bike, then get yourself a new bike to your liking. Take the bike to a seat guy, ask him to put extra 2 or 3 cms of padding on the seat. That ought to make it comfortable enough to ride long duration with minimum discomfort.

    Tubeless tyres are a benefit in the sense that its easier to fix a puncture and its quite ride-able With a puncture as long as you keep topping it up with air (in case of emergencies, rather than being stranded).

    Other than That, I've Seen Avenger has a broad seat and so does Royal Enfield CL series. Mojo too has comfortable upright seats but then this bike is not available in all cities and if it is available in your city Do take a test!

    HI rugved,

    Thank you for your kind information. I will update when I get a new bike or update my current bike. It will take sometime for me to think hard before i make a decision.

    Rahul

  2. #22
    Addicted
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    India
    Posts
    57
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Which bike is good for me?

    hello moderator, please close this thread.. Am getting confused these days after reading the xbhp posts, others give a nice review on new bikes, old bikes. the likes of Dominar 400, CBR 250R, waiting for upcoming yamaha FZ250 (These are only the bikes having both rider and pillion comfort above 200cc, KTMs is out of these). Govt has made stricter norms to bs 4 norms mandatory for all bikes, also with ABS. currently am using P150 since 2013. I really dont know which bike to choose, since i am only 5 ft 7 in tall, 63 kg, slim guy.

  3. #23
    Addicted
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Chennai
    Posts
    156
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Which bike is good for me?

    Quote Originally Posted by rahulrajan14 View Post
    Hi Xbhpians,

    I am Rahul From Chennai. I am currently using pulsar 150 UG 4.5 , the seat was so narrow, that caused groin injury when riding it.
    Suitable for long rides in weekends
    Quote Originally Posted by rugved View Post
    This might sound off the lines of whatever everyone has posted so far.

    But, why don't you get a bike of your choice and get its seats customised to your requirement!

    Also i read that there was a groin injury which has now caused you to focus on better seats, but many a times groin injury occurs not due to the seat itself but at times also due to the rider suffering an impact (due to the forward push) on the fuel tank at the time of a head-on collision. Which can happen with any bike. (But you know better what exactly happened in your case)
    Quote Originally Posted by rahulrajan14 View Post
    hello moderator, please close this thread.. Am getting confused these days after reading the xbhp posts, others give a nice review on new bikes, old bikes. the likes of Dominar 400, CBR 250R, waiting for upcoming yamaha FZ250 (These are only the bikes having both rider and pillion comfort above 200cc, KTMs is out of these). Govt has made stricter norms to bs 4 norms mandatory for all bikes, also with ABS. currently am using P150 since 2013. I really dont know which bike to choose, since i am only 5 ft 7 in tall, 63 kg, slim guy.
    @rahulrajan there is no need for confusion. if you have space in your home for 2 bikes and as your budget is nearly 1.5 lakhs, you better go for two vehicles, one for commuting and one for weekend rides. @rugved is spot on. the groin injury might have happened because of that. what you need is a big flat seat and a empty space before you, not a fuel tank. Yes. what i meant is a scooter. If only your commute becomes easy on your state of groin, you would be happy to do week end rides.

    More than biking passion, Health is important.Take care. then you can buy a bike only for weekend rides.
    "If you care enough for a result,you will most certainly attain it."

  4. #24
    Addicted
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    India
    Posts
    57
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Which bike is good for me?

    Quote Originally Posted by fullmoon View Post
    @rahulrajan there is no need for confusion. if you have space in your home for 2 bikes and as your budget is nearly 1.5 lakhs, you better go for two vehicles, one for commuting and one for weekend rides. @rugved is spot on. the groin injury might have happened because of that. what you need is a big flat seat and a empty space before you, not a fuel tank. Yes. what i meant is a scooter. If only your commute becomes easy on your state of groin, you would be happy to do week end rides.

    More than biking passion, Health is important.Take care. then you can buy a bike only for weekend rides.

    Good morning rugved, my groin problems have been solved long back.. So I don't have any problem.... ☺ I was looking for constant upgrade from 150cc to, between 200cc to 300 cc for city as well as weekend rides... But it must satisfy rider and pillion comfort... No to Bajaj as I already own Bajaj pulsar. It's good to keep my pulsar as secondary at home in case if other bike is for service. So all these days am reading xbhp posts... So am waiting for good reviews for newly launched bikes.

  5. #25
    Addicted
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    India
    Posts
    57
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Which bike is good for me?

    hi friends,

    I took a test drive of dominar 400... seats were plush and comfortable but, it s little narrow, not broad... The ride qualilty was good, i took only small round test drive. The problem is that its too bulky i. e 182 kg... Then later yesterday i took test drive of FZ 250 , I took the long test ride i.e 3 km..... the ride quality was superb, flickable, pick up was very good. the rider seat was broader, comfy than dominar 400. But 6th gear is missing in fz 250. Next month, I am going to test drive Duke 250.


    Rahul

  6. #26
    Addicted
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    Chennai
    Posts
    119
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Which bike is good for me?

    Quote Originally Posted by rahulrajan14 View Post
    hi friends,

    I took a test drive of dominar 400... seats were plush and comfortable but, it s little narrow, not broad... The ride qualilty was good, i took only small round test drive. The problem is that its too bulky i. e 182 kg... Then later yesterday i took test drive of FZ 250 , I took the long test ride i.e 3 km..... the ride quality was superb, flickable, pick up was very good. the rider seat was broader, comfy than dominar 400. But 6th gear is missing in fz 250. Next month, I am going to test drive Duke 250.


    Rahul
    Good to hear mate. Can you please let me know from which showroom in Chennai did you take the TD of FZ 250? I've been desperately trying to get my hands on FZ 250 and I visited 4 showrooms and none of them had the bike for TD.

    Cheers!
    rahulrajan14 likes this.

  7. #27
    Addicted
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    Chennai
    Posts
    68
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Which bike is good for me?

    Quote Originally Posted by GandalfTheGrey View Post
    Good to hear mate. Can you please let me know from which showroom in Chennai did you take the TD of FZ 250? I've been desperately trying to get my hands on FZ 250 and I visited 4 showrooms and none of them had the bike for TD.

    Cheers!
    Shanthi motors in Near to Kamakshi hospital Pallikaranai have a bike for TD.. I did it yesterday

  8. #28
    Addicted
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    Chennai
    Posts
    119
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Which bike is good for me?

    Quote Originally Posted by vsbharani View Post
    Shanthi motors in Near to Kamakshi hospital Pallikaranai have a bike for TD.. I did it yesterday
    Thanks mate. When I visited them last week they didn't have the bike. I'll try again soon. Thanks again for the info mate.

    Cheers!

  9. #29
    Addicted
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    India
    Posts
    57
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Which bike is good for me?

    Quote Originally Posted by GandalfTheGrey View Post
    Good to hear mate. Can you please let me know from which showroom in Chennai did you take the TD of FZ 250? I've been desperately trying to get my hands on FZ 250 and I visited 4 showrooms and none of them had the bike for TD.

    Cheers!
    sorry i couldnt reply to your message due to my hectic job..... i took test ride at sairam motors, padi.......

  10. #30
    Addicted
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Chennai
    Posts
    156
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Which bike is good for me?

    i have seen all your posts.groin injury means both groin or the central part between groin got injured?

    Get a Karizma zmr (still available in bangalore, you can buy and register in chennai) fit it with suzuki gs 150 r handle bar and fit a thunderbird seat on it.problem solved.

    or

    The Best solution is go to Gym & make yourself & mainly that arse slim.This will solve all your biking problems..
    "If you care enough for a result,you will most certainly attain it."

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 12
    Last Post: 09-13-2015, 12:06 PM
  2. good looking bike @80k INR
    By srt99 in forum What Bike?
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 10-27-2014, 12:40 AM
  3. Please recommend me a good bike.
    By nitin_23 in forum What Bike?
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: 10-18-2011, 05:03 PM
  4. What's a good bike for a girl?
    By manasi in forum What Bike?
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 10-30-2010, 12:18 PM
  5. which bike is good for me?
    By rash_rasheed in forum What Bike?
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 04-26-2010, 05:02 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •