Since '02 xBhp is different things to different people. From a close knit national community of bikers to India's only motorcycling lifestyle magazine and a place to make like minded biker friends. We have one common religion - Bikeism.

Castrol Power 1

Hot days = molten tar = slip/slide.

Our Partners



User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 21
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: Suzuki gixxer sf or Yamaha fz-s

  1. #1
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    Chandigarh
    Posts
    12
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Suzuki gixxer sf or Yamaha fz-s

    Hi, My brother want a bike for daily commute to office around 50km up and down. He ask form me what is the best bike from yamaha fz-s v2 & Suzuki gixxer sf. Actually I also not have any experience with those bikes. So please help to me give solution to my brother.

    My brother height 6 feet and weight arount 85kg. He has to drive in low traffic roads daily.
    Thank You.

  2. #2
    Moderator The Monk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Gurgaon/ Kanpur
    Posts
    8,774
    Mentioned
    374 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Suzuki gixxer sf or Yamaha fz-s

    Query Approved
    Navinder Aarush likes this.
    Biking is not about what you have between your legs, its all about how well you use it!!!!!!!

    Give your details here if you want to help your fellow xBhpian stranded in your city

    Touring Blog: Cycling in Mongolia!

  3. #3
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    Chennai
    Posts
    46
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Suzuki gixxer sf or Yamaha fz-s

    Quote Originally Posted by Navinder Aarush View Post
    Hi, My brother want a bike for daily commute to office around 50km up and down. He ask form me what is the best bike from yamaha fz-s v2 & Suzuki gixxer sf. Actually I also not have any experience with those bikes. So please help to me give solution to my brother.

    My brother height 6 feet and weight arount 85kg. He has to drive in low traffic roads daily.
    Thank You.
    Mate, my personal opinion is to go for the Gixxer SF FI. Main reason for my suggestion is its seating posture. Gixxer provides almost an upright seating position unlike the R15S which provides a very forward biased seating so travelling 50 kms will not be a pain. The Gixxer also has a better low end so it will be more peppy in the city conditions. These are the reasons on paper why Gixxer is preferred over R15S for travelling 50Kms in mixed conditions. To sum up my opinion:Your brother "may" get used to driving an R15s for 50 KMs and start feeling comfortable but your brother "will" find Gixxer SF comfortable at once. Last but not the least Gixxer SF is close to 20k cheaper than the R15s.

    PS: I stand 6"2 and weigh 78Kgs, and I found Gixxer SF mighty comfortable than the R15 during my short rides.

    Cheers!
    Navinder Aarush likes this.

  4. #4
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    Chandigarh
    Posts
    12
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Suzuki gixxer sf or Yamaha fz-s

    Quote Originally Posted by GandalfTheGrey View Post
    Mate, my personal opinion is to go for the Gixxer SF FI. Main reason for my suggestion is its seating posture. Gixxer provides almost an upright seating position unlike the R15S which provides a very forward biased seating so travelling 50 kms will not be a pain. The Gixxer also has a better low end so it will be more peppy in the city conditions. These are the reasons on paper why Gixxer is preferred over R15S for travelling 50Kms in mixed conditions. To sum up my opinion:Your brother "may" get used to driving an R15s for 50 KMs and start feeling comfortable but your brother "will" find Gixxer SF comfortable at once. Last but not the least Gixxer SF is close to 20k cheaper than the R15s.

    PS: I stand 6"2 and weigh 78Kgs, and I found Gixxer SF mighty comfortable than the R15 during my short rides.

    Cheers!
    Dear GandalfTheGrey,
    Thank you for your reply, but I think you you make little mistake. I ask about SUZUKI GIXXER SF and yamaha FZ-S V2, Not about YAMAHA R15S. Anyway thank you very much.
    shiv4747 likes this.

  5. #5
    Rusted Ankey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Dehradun
    Posts
    1,155
    Blog Entries
    1
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Suzuki gixxer sf or Yamaha fz-s

    Both Fz V2 and gixxer are good street bikes. Both of them are nimble and good for commuting.
    Ask your brother to test ride both of them and then choose the one that suits him the best.
    Navinder Aarush likes this.
    I would like to thank my legs for supporting me, my arms for being always by my side and my fingers; I could always count on them.

  6. #6
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    Chennai
    Posts
    46
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Suzuki gixxer sf or Yamaha fz-s

    Quote Originally Posted by Navinder Aarush View Post
    Dear GandalfTheGrey,
    Thank you for your reply, but I think you you make little mistake. I ask about SUZUKI GIXXER SF and yamaha FZ-S V2, Not about YAMAHA R15S. Anyway thank you very much.
    Oh yeah,that's not a little mistake but indeed a huge mistake I would again suggest the Gixxer SF as it's more powerful than the FZS-V2. Looks,purely a personal preference, are going to be a very important factor in the decision between FZ-S and Gixxer SF. Apart from these two aspects, I think there aren't much to distinguish these two bikes. So ask your brother to TD them and pick the one that his heart asks him to as he cannot surely go wrong with either of the bikes On OT, I completely envy such decisions where a decision boils down to head vs heart and your head still wins even when you choose your heart.

    Cheers!
    shiv4747 and Navinder Aarush like this.

  7. #7
    Rookie ind.sidharth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Jamshedpur
    Posts
    38
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Suzuki gixxer sf or Yamaha fz-s

    If your brother is looking for his ride to be good.....I would suggest him to buy Suzuki Gixxer SF Fi.... This motorcycle looks stunning in MotoGP edition and neon pinstripes on rims makes it more astounding. See the details of the design. Yamaha had launched FI version earlier but Suzuki is also providing same for only 6000 more that carb variant. Also you get 240mm rear disk brakes which isn't provided with FZ-S. He will appreciate the fairing when encountering crosswinds on highway. So all these things make Gixxer SF a more worthy package.
    I have bought mine for just over a lakh rupees on road. I rode 100km on the very first day obviously wasn't crossing rev limits. I get a sense of the surface of road from handle bars because they feel so planted. Go for Gixxer. It is a better buy at present time
    Navinder Aarush likes this.

  8. #8
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    Chandigarh
    Posts
    12
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Suzuki gixxer sf or Yamaha fz-s

    Today my brother book blue colour gixxer sf.

  9. #9
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    Chandigarh
    Posts
    12
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Suzuki gixxer sf or Yamaha fz-s

    Thanks for all for help to select good motorcycle.
    shiv4747 likes this.

  10. #10
    Rusted
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Chennai
    Posts
    311
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Suzuki gixxer sf or Yamaha fz-s

    Congrats for the new bike.I recently drove Gixxer for a long trip and its very good, perfect for the city ride ample torque and excellent pick up from 6500 rpm to 8000 rpm. But it is not suitable for highway as the engine characteristics I feel its closely related to duke 200. It wont make you to ride slower between 70-80 kmph and make you ride faster.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Yamaha R15-S or Suzuki Gixxer SF for a rookie.
    By vivekshrma in forum What Bike?
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 10-20-2016, 11:54 PM
  2. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 09-07-2016, 10:55 AM
  3. Replies: 20
    Last Post: 08-16-2016, 04:05 PM
  4. Replies: 16
    Last Post: 09-26-2015, 07:23 AM
  5. Replies: 112
    Last Post: 09-09-2014, 02:07 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •