Since '02 xBhp is different things to different people. From a close knit national community of bikers to India's only motorcycling lifestyle magazine and a place to make like minded biker friends. We have one common religion - Bikeism.

Castrol Power 1

Stop braking before you start turning.

Our Partners



User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 24
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Suzuki Access 125 or Honda Activa 125

  1. #11
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Bangalore
    Posts
    12
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Suzuki Access 125 or Honda Activa 125

    Quote Originally Posted by siddharthmsc View Post

    Hey, thanks for that! I looked around for your thread but I couldn't find it despite looking everywhere! Can you help me with the link? One of the overwhelming reasons I am inclined to the Access is its long and flat seat. I'm not too tall, but I like to sit a fair bit behind on the seat - allowing my legs to stretch. The problem I have faced with the Jupiter/Wego/Activa is that they now have a step up seat, which makes that position very very uncomfortable

    I test rode the access, and I found the ride to be a little too firm - almost reactive to the tiniest bumps on the road. Is this something you have experienced as well?

    Link is here (My Milky Bar: All-New Suzuki Access 125 Special Edition - Team-BHP).

    Ride quality is such that it is sure footed even at 70KMPH. For that to be supported, the suspension cannot be wobbly. If it is so, then you will not have confidence of doing such speed.
    Somewhere in my review I've mentioned that the scooter suspension behaves like "air suspension" over 50KMPH.

    My dear friend - I suggest you to take extended test ride- with and without pillion. Nothing clarifies better than a proper test ride.

  2. #12
    Addicted hd_hardikdesai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Posts
    65
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Suzuki Access 125 or Honda Activa 125

    Quote Originally Posted by daretodream View Post
    I own 2006 Activa and Dec-2016 Access 125
    Why i chose Access 125 over Activa 125 or Jupiter is mentioned in my ownership thread in teambhp. You can search for "Milky Bar" in that forum to find my thread.

    1. Better ride and handling
    2. Better lights
    3. NVH levels way better than Activa : Activa grunted a lot while starting off compared to Access.
    4. How many Activa-125 you see on road vis-a-vis Access 125? These numbers show 20 access for every​ activa125 for me in Bangalore.
    5. i feel access is designed for 125cc capacity since beginning. Activa is force engineered from 110cc to match125cc.

    Post Purchase Ownership Experience
    1. Suzuki service center has treated me really well - leagues ahead of honda service center
    2. Activa spares will be readily available in any nook and corner of country. But not so for Suzuki.

    Suzuki pulled my hearts strings and puts a smile on my face every day i ride it!
    Oohh your that guy with the milky bar 😀 my mind was pretty much fixed when I saw your review, unfortunately my registration request couldn't be approved there for some reason.
    I have also posted my review of the Suzuki access 125 over here in owner ship thread do check it out.
    I clocked just 62km till now on my access and I can say that I Happy very happy. Handling is superb, acceleration is on par with any 125cc bikes or commuter 150cc bikes and regarding mileage I can guess it's surely giving more than 55 as I have clocked 62km and still have all 5 bars if I assume 1 bar equals to 1 liter of petrol which is more as compared to any other 125 or 110cc scooter.
    daretodream likes this.

  3. #13
    Addicted Ash_win's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Ernakulam/Cochin
    Posts
    107
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Suzuki Access 125 or Honda Activa 125

    IMHO servicing your vehicle has to be a top priority job when it comes to hassle free ownership experience. Simple things like changing your engine oil every 3 to 4k kms or 6 months depending on your usage, Getting the spark plugs and air filter changed every year or at 10 to 12k kms and also refueling at the same/trusted petrol stations will help you in the long run. I owned a 2012 Wego rode it for 56k kms without any major issues. I followed the above steps and it served me well. TVS is not the best when it comes to smoothness and comfort but overall maintanence of the vehicle was relatively cheaper than Honda. I can vouch for this because I own an Activa 3G now. I was lucky that I had a friendly TVS dealership near my place. Coming from wego, activa is light years ahead in terms of smoothness and refinement. What I suggest is that visit dealerships personally and get to know their service advisors. There will always be one guy there who will be friendly and enthusiastic. Talk to the owners ask them how the service centres are treating them. Buying a scooter is a one time deal owning and maintaining it needs a lot more effort thanks to our half qualified technicians at the service centres. Wishing you a happy purchase experience. Ride safe.

  4. #14
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    Pune
    Posts
    9
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Suzuki Access 125 or Honda Activa 125

    Quote Originally Posted by daretodream View Post
    Link is here (My Milky Bar: All-New Suzuki Access 125 Special Edition - Team-BHP).

    Ride quality is such that it is sure footed even at 70KMPH. For that to be supported, the suspension cannot be wobbly. If it is so, then you will not have confidence of doing such speed.
    Somewhere in my review I've mentioned that the scooter suspension behaves like "air suspension" over 50KMPH.

    My dear friend - I suggest you to take extended test ride- with and without pillion. Nothing clarifies better than a proper test ride.
    First off, thanks a lot daretodream, for the brilliant brilliant review of the Suzuki Access. I've spent so much time reading and re-reading it and it makes me really happy to know that there are people like you out there who are willing to infuse such good knowledge into the biking community.

    This is the first time I'm buying a scooter. All the recon done on the scooters before were done so by my parents. Having managed to save some money recently, I wanted to buy my own since having only one scooter between is a little difficult. When I went to the Suzuki showroom, they gave me a 600 meter testdrive - nothing more than that. How did you go about requesting (or should I say demanding) an extended test drive. And what would you typically do on such a test ride?

    ----consecutive posts auto-merged-----

    Quote Originally Posted by Ash_win View Post
    IMHO servicing your vehicle has to be a top priority job when it comes to hassle free ownership experience. Simple things like changing your engine oil every 3 to 4k kms or 6 months depending on your usage, Getting the spark plugs and air filter changed every year or at 10 to 12k kms and also refueling at the same/trusted petrol stations will help you in the long run. I owned a 2012 Wego rode it for 56k kms without any major issues. I followed the above steps and it served me well. TVS is not the best when it comes to smoothness and comfort but overall maintanence of the vehicle was relatively cheaper than Honda. I can vouch for this because I own an Activa 3G now. I was lucky that I had a friendly TVS dealership near my place. Coming from wego, activa is light years ahead in terms of smoothness and refinement. What I suggest is that visit dealerships personally and get to know their service advisors. There will always be one guy there who will be friendly and enthusiastic. Talk to the owners ask them how the service centres are treating them. Buying a scooter is a one time deal owning and maintaining it needs a lot more effort thanks to our half qualified technicians at the service centres. Wishing you a happy purchase experience. Ride safe.
    Thanks a lot for that top tip mate! In fact, I have barely been using showroom service centres. Both the Honda and the TVS showrooms nearby seem to resemble a fish market - absolutely chaotic and by the look of it, not working very smoothly. For the past 6 years, I have been giving my scooters to a very trustworthy mechanic from a local garage who has infact done a tonne of work very well. I feel my wego had a lot of issues from the get go - and a year at the TVS service centre hasn't helped much.

    Just out of curiosity, can I ask why you chose an Activa 3G over the 125?
    Cheers

    ----consecutive posts auto-merged-----

    Quote Originally Posted by hd_hardikdesai View Post
    Oohh your that guy with the milky bar 😀 my mind was pretty much fixed when I saw your review, unfortunately my registration request couldn't be approved there for some reason.
    I have also posted my review of the Suzuki access 125 over here in owner ship thread do check it out.
    I clocked just 62km till now on my access and I can say that I Happy very happy. Handling is superb, acceleration is on par with any 125cc bikes or commuter 150cc bikes and regarding mileage I can guess it's surely giving more than 55 as I have clocked 62km and still have all 5 bars if I assume 1 bar equals to 1 liter of petrol which is more as compared to any other 125 or 110cc scooter.
    Hey hardik - i just went over your review - and first off, congratulations on the new bike . Just wanted to know what you felt about the ride of the vehicle? My rather short test ride have me thinking that it was a bit too hard, but surely, 600 meters doesn't let you gauge the bike well. Also, when I think of it, I should have checked tyre pressures.

  5. #15
    Addicted hd_hardikdesai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Posts
    65
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Suzuki Access 125 or Honda Activa 125

    Quote Originally Posted by siddharthmsc View Post
    First off, thanks a lot daretodream, for the brilliant brilliant review of the Suzuki Access. I've spent so much time reading and re-reading it and it makes me really happy to know that there are people like you out there who are willing to infuse such good knowledge into the biking community.

    This is the first time I'm buying a scooter. All the recon done on the scooters before were done so by my parents. Having managed to save some money recently, I wanted to buy my own since having only one scooter between is a little difficult. When I went to the Suzuki showroom, they gave me a 600 meter testdrive - nothing more than that. How did you go about requesting (or should I say demanding) an extended test drive. And what would you typically do on such a test ride?

    ----consecutive posts auto-merged-----



    Thanks a lot for that top tip mate! In fact, I have barely been using showroom service centres. Both the Honda and the TVS showrooms nearby seem to resemble a fish market - absolutely chaotic and by the look of it, not working very smoothly. For the past 6 years, I have been giving my scooters to a very trustworthy mechanic from a local garage who has infact done a tonne of work very well. I feel my wego had a lot of issues from the get go - and a year at the TVS service centre hasn't helped much.

    Just out of curiosity, can I ask why you chose an Activa 3G over the 125?
    Cheers

    ----consecutive posts auto-merged-----



    Hey hardik - i just went over your review - and first off, congratulations on the new bike . Just wanted to know what you felt about the ride of the vehicle? My rather short test ride have me thinking that it was a bit too hard, but surely, 600 meters doesn't let you gauge the bike well. Also, when I think of it, I should have checked tyre pressures.
    Thanks buddy..!
    Rear suspension is perfect and the pillion would be very very comfortable but the front suspension is a little tough I feel. You feel every Minor change in the road on your hands, may be that's because they wanted high speed stability as the rear is a little soft I guess. It really makes you feel connected to the road plus the seat is also comfortable soo you don't feel anything on the rear 😁. If the suspension is the decider then you can insist the delearship for a longer test ride as I got almost 3-4km long test drive although I had booked the access already 😂

  6. #16
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Bangalore
    Posts
    35
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Suzuki Access 125 or Honda Activa 125

    Quote Originally Posted by siddharthmsc View Post
    Thanks a lot ZZR1. I recently had a chance to test ride the Jupiter and the Access 125. The Access seemed very jerky and had a comparatively hard ride. I am still considering the Activa 125 BSIV - which I haven't had a chance to test yet. All the scooters I'm considering have a telescopic suspension - one of the reasons why I ignored the Activa 3G, or the upcoming 4G.

    With regard to the service centres, I have traditionally given my scooters to a local garage who does things up very well. However, looking at the responses, I noticed that this is not something everyone does. Is it something I should avoid with my new vehicle (Once the free services are over ofcourse).

    Thanks again and sorry for the late reply!

    ----consecutive posts auto-merged-----



    Hey, thanks for that! I looked around for your thread but I couldn't find it despite looking everywhere! Can you help me with the link? One of the overwhelming reasons I am inclined to the Access is its long and flat seat. I'm not too tall, but I like to sit a fair bit behind on the seat - allowing my legs to stretch. The problem I have faced with the Jupiter/Wego/Activa is that they now have a step up seat, which makes that position very very uncomfortable

    I test rode the access, and I found the ride to be a little too firm - almost reactive to the tiniest bumps on the road. Is this something you have experienced as well?

    The ride quality of the access is good. Perhaps the test ride vehicle was not properly maintained. The jerks which you are referring to is due to the clutch not being serviced. I suggest you take a vehicle on hire from one of the 'self ride ' rentals in your city and have a detailed test ride. In Bangalore they charge approx Rs. 120 for a 4 hour hire.

    Activa 125 and Access are both good vehicles with low maintenance, and you wont be making a mistake buying either of those.

  7. #17
    Addicted Ash_win's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Ernakulam/Cochin
    Posts
    107
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Suzuki Access 125 or Honda Activa 125

    Quote Originally Posted by siddharthmsc View Post

    Just out of curiosity, can I ask why you chose an Activa 3G over the 125?
    AFAIK there is not alot of difference between Activa 3G and 125 in terms of power. I had a limited budget and mostly I ride alone so a 110cc made more sense. Still had to shell out around 65k on road here in cochin for 3G. Word of advice - do not buy the accessories that honda provide, they are way over priced. I believe thats where they make most of their profits. Eg: the seat cover they provide is priced at Rs 650 where I got much better quality one from an upholstery shop for just Rs200.
    I love the new Access, it looks more premium than Activa 125 but I've never ridden an Access in my life. I believe it's more costlier too.

    ----consecutive posts auto-merged-----

    Quote Originally Posted by ZZR1 View Post

    Activa 125 and Access are both good vehicles with low maintenance, and you wont be making a mistake buying either of those.


    I agree. Both are great Japanese products. Do your part, by that I meant maintenance wise and they will serve you well. @ siddharthmsc since you mentioned you have a trustworthy mechanic around your place continue servicing following the service manual. Thanks!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Ride Safe..

  8. #18
    Rusted Deathwing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Chennai
    Posts
    900
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Suzuki Access 125 or Honda Activa 125

    Ive heard the access has a lot of issues, confirmed this from a private svc that services all bikes 500cc n below.

  9. #19
    Addicted hd_hardikdesai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Posts
    65
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Suzuki Access 125 or Honda Activa 125

    Quote Originally Posted by Deathwing View Post
    Ive heard the access has a lot of issues, confirmed this from a private svc that services all bikes 500cc n below.
    Issues like what ? In the new access ?

  10. #20
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    Pune
    Posts
    9
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Suzuki Access 125 or Honda Activa 125

    Quote Originally Posted by ZZR1 View Post
    The ride quality of the access is good. Perhaps the test ride vehicle was not properly maintained. The jerks which you are referring to is due to the clutch not being serviced. I suggest you take a vehicle on hire from one of the 'self ride ' rentals in your city and have a detailed test ride. In Bangalore they charge approx Rs. 120 for a 4 hour hire.

    Activa 125 and Access are both good vehicles with low maintenance, and you wont be making a mistake buying either of those.
    Sorry for the late reply - work has kept me immensely busy. Its really such a shame that dealers don't maintain the test-ride bikes very well. One of the Activas I test rode had no functioning speedometer and ran out of fuel. I have asked Suzuki for a much longer test ride and they were quite ready to offer it. Will keep you updated on how it unfolds
    I understand that both bikes are very good, but my concerns pertain to after sales service and the seat comfort - I'm not the biggest fan of the step seat because I like to sit a fair bit back and a step seat makes it very uncomfortable

    ----consecutive posts auto-merged-----

    Quote Originally Posted by Ash_win View Post
    AFAIK there is not alot of difference between Activa 3G and 125 in terms of power. I had a limited budget and mostly I ride alone so a 110cc made more sense. Still had to shell out around 65k on road here in cochin for 3G. Word of advice - do not buy the accessories that honda provide, they are way over priced. I believe thats where they make most of their profits. Eg: the seat cover they provide is priced at Rs 650 where I got much better quality one from an upholstery shop for just Rs200.
    I love the new Access, it looks more premium than Activa 125 but I've never ridden an Access in my life. I believe it's more costlier too.

    ----consecutive posts auto-merged-----

    I agree. Both are great Japanese products. Do your part, by that I meant maintenance wise and they will serve you well. @ siddharthmsc since you mentioned you have a trustworthy mechanic around your place continue servicing following the service manual. Thanks!
    Thanks a lot Ash_win. The reason I am not looking at the 3G is because of the lack of a telescopic suspension. Frankly, nothing else would have stopped me from buying it - I love the way it looks, feels and I don't mind the 110 cc engine. But as an owner of the 2nd gen 2009 Activa, I know the front suspension is terrible and hence am looking at vehicles with telescopic ones. I have been reading about accessories and I can't believe that so many dealers want to rip off well meaning customers. Apart from the seat cover, what else do you recommend I buy at local shops? The stainless steel guards? I think at the end, you think, hell, I've spent 70k on a scooters, what's another 3 - but if the quality is shite, that matters.

    I'm also very obsessive about maintenance. I trust my local mechanic and do as much as I can to ensure that the bike is running smoothly. The tiniest sound and I freak out (not exactly the best thing but better to be safe than sorry)

    ----consecutive posts auto-merged-----

    Quote Originally Posted by hd_hardikdesai View Post
    Issues like what ? In the new access ?
    Hey Hardik - sorry for the late reply again! How has the experience with the Access been so far? Any niggles? Would love a review

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 02-21-2015, 07:23 PM
  2. Suzuki Access or the new Honda Activa?
    By ramki067 in forum What Bike?
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-03-2013, 12:41 PM
  3. Replies: 11
    Last Post: 04-24-2012, 10:17 PM
  4. Honda Aviator ,Honda Activa or Suzuki Access
    By Bestofrivals in forum What Bike?
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: 08-19-2011, 10:15 PM
  5. Honda Aviator or Suzuki Access?????
    By Kadali Nataraj in forum What Bike?
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 04-03-2011, 09:11 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •