Since '02 xBhp is different things to different people. From a close knit national community of bikers to India's only motorcycling lifestyle magazine and a place to make like minded biker friends. We have one common religion - Bikeism.

T-shirt
Magazine
Castrol Power 1

Avoid staying around those big vehicles.

Our Partners



User Tag List

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 60
Like Tree23Likes

Thread: Had enought of my Thunderbird ;( Need a new bike.!!

  1. #21
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India
    Posts
    41
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Had enought of my Thunderbird ;( Need a new bike.!!

    Quote Originally Posted by mallikarjunsadanand View Post
    Bro... R u talking about BMWv G 310r ??? If yes Where did u go for a test ride ??
    I think Vikram was talking about the Benelli I don't think they are that good but have never ridden one so I would not know. Lets hope Dominar stands the test of the time, since I will mostly likely book one this weekend.

  2. #22
    Addicted mallikarjunsadanand's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    Bangalore
    Posts
    115
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Had enought of my Thunderbird ;( Need a new bike.!!

    Quote Originally Posted by arjunpaliath View Post
    I think Vikram was talking about the Benelli I don't think they are that good but have never ridden one so I would not know. Lets hope Dominar stands the test of the time, since I will mostly likely book one this weekend.
    Ok bro.... Cheers!!

  3. #23
    Addicted
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Vadodara, Gujarat
    Posts
    135
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Had enought of my Thunderbird ;( Need a new bike.!!

    Quote Originally Posted by arjunpaliath View Post
    I think Vikram was talking about the Benelli I don't think they are that good but have never ridden one so I would not know. Lets hope Dominar stands the test of the time, since I will mostly likely book one this weekend.
    Woah! Well sir it is a big compliment for Bajaj that you are considering the Dominar after the T'Bird. Glad you're wanna join the gang

    ----consecutive posts auto-merged-----

    Quote Originally Posted by mallikarjunsadanand View Post
    Bro... R u talking about BMWv G 310r ??? If yes Where did u go for a test ride ??
    Was talking about the Benelli.
    Blood, Sweat and Gears - Enough Said.

  4. #24
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India
    Posts
    41
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Had enought of my Thunderbird ;( Need a new bike.!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Vikramaditya View Post
    Woah! Well sir it is a big compliment for Bajaj that you are considering the Dominar after the T'Bird. Glad you're wanna join the gang ----consecutive posts auto-merged----- Was talking about the Benelli.
    Anything I should know about before I dive in? How is the service for the Dominar? And what is this I keep hearing about the RPM maxing to only 8.5 or 9 etc? If I get a decent price on my TB, then by next week I will on a plum coloured dominar.

  5. #25
    Addicted
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Vadodara, Gujarat
    Posts
    135
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Had enought of my Thunderbird ;( Need a new bike.!!

    Quote Originally Posted by arjunpaliath View Post
    Anything I should know about before I dive in? How is the service for the Dominar? And what is this I keep hearing about the RPM maxing to only 8.5 or 9 etc? If I get a decent price on my TB, then by next week I will on a plum coloured dominar.
    Well frankly I think there is some ECU update which happens during first service. Now this update is done only to the first batch of bikes since the second/newer batch (which you should get) will have it pre installed. The update is that the max RPM is being limited to 8500 rpms rather than the 9500 rpms which the bike makes in its stock tune.

    Why is it being done? The most probable answer is so that in the run in period i.e. 2000 kms the riders dont over rev and damage the engine. I think the update is such that it will revert to the stock 9500 rpm limit after 2000 kms. It should not effect the max power or torque since both are made before 8500 rpms anyway.

    Again all of the above is my own understanding from the discussions I have seen on the ownership forum but I shall be visiting the showroom myself today in the evening and will enquire first hand about this. Will share the feedback which i get from them.

    I havent had the first service done yet so cant give a first had account. By the way, a friend who has ridden RE in the past just got on my bike an hour ago for a short spin. His first impressions when he got off - "This bike is heavier than a bullet. But at the same time I think it will be an excellent cruiser."

    Plum coloured Dominar looks great. The colour reminds me of Magneto!
    Blood, Sweat and Gears - Enough Said.

  6. #26
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India
    Posts
    41
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Had enought of my Thunderbird ;( Need a new bike.!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Vikramaditya View Post
    Well frankly I think there is some ECU update which happens during first service. Now this update is done only to the first batch of bikes since the second/newer batch (which you should get) will have it pre installed. The update is that the max RPM is being limited to 8500 rpms rather than the 9500 rpms which the bike makes in its stock tune. Why is it being done? The most probable answer is so that in the run in period i.e. 2000 kms the riders dont over rev and damage the engine. I think the update is such that it will revert to the stock 9500 rpm limit after 2000 kms. It should not effect the max power or torque since both are made before 8500 rpms anyway. Again all of the above is my own understanding from the discussions I have seen on the ownership forum but I shall be visiting the showroom myself today in the evening and will enquire first hand about this. Will share the feedback which i get from them. I havent had the first service done yet so cant give a first had account. By the way, a friend who has ridden RE in the past just got on my bike an hour ago for a short spin. His first impressions when he got off - "This bike is heavier than a bullet. But at the same time I think it will be an excellent cruiser." Plum coloured Dominar looks great. The colour reminds me of Magneto!
    Thanks for the details Vikram No sugarcoating from you (y). I will also look online for more info on the service. And IMO I don't think it is heavier than my TB as it is 192kgs SO I am hoping I get a good coloured Magneto before Logan releases :P :P Thanks a lot once again, I will update here on what happens (hope fully I get the D400 )
    Vikramaditya likes this.

  7. #27
    Addicted
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Vadodara, Gujarat
    Posts
    135
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Had enought of my Thunderbird ;( Need a new bike.!!

    Quote Originally Posted by arjunpaliath View Post
    Thanks for the details Vikram No sugarcoating from you (y). I will also look online for more info on the service. And IMO I don't think it is heavier than my TB as it is 192kgs SO I am hoping I get a good coloured Magneto before Logan releases :P :P Thanks a lot once again, I will update here on what happens (hope fully I get the D400 )
    Happy for you! Logan releases tomorrow!
    Blood, Sweat and Gears - Enough Said.

  8. #28
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India
    Posts
    41
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Had enought of my Thunderbird ;( Need a new bike.!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Vikramaditya View Post
    Happy for you! Logan releases tomorrow!
    Oh man, I didn't know that ;(

  9. #29
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India
    Posts
    41
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Had enought of my Thunderbird ;( Need a new bike.!!

    One of my friend is curious as to how long the Bajaj will last. He has his Himalayan and wants me to get that but I'm not going for a Enfield ever again. 🙄

  10. #30
    Addicted
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    106
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Had enought of my Thunderbird ;( Need a new bike.!!

    Quote Originally Posted by arjunpaliath View Post
    One of my friend is curious as to how long the Bajaj will last. He has his Himalayan and wants me to get that but I'm not going for a Enfield ever again. 🙄
    Go with what your heart wants, how long it will last depends on a lot of things !

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. New bike RC/Duke 200 vs Cbr 250 vs Thunderbird 350
    By ajtheghost in forum What Bike?
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 05-31-2015, 03:18 PM
  2. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-25-2015, 11:08 AM
  3. Hyderabad to mumbai on bike(Thunderbird 350)
    By parasher in forum Help Me!
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-17-2014, 06:44 PM
  4. Replies: 8
    Last Post: 01-05-2013, 03:54 PM
  5. Replies: 8
    Last Post: 11-28-2012, 02:34 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •