Since '02 xBhp is different things to different people. From a close knit national community of bikers to India's only motorcycling lifestyle magazine and a place to make like minded biker friends. We have one common religion - Bikeism.

T-shirt
Magazine
Castrol Power 1

Squeeze that brake, don’t grat a handful.

Our Partners



User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 31
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: New Bike Needed - Budget - 2 to 2.5 Lakh

  1. #21
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Bengaluru
    Posts
    32
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: New Bike Needed - Budget - 2 to 2.5 Lakh

    Quote Originally Posted by famishedrider View Post
    D250 might but FZ250 can.
    Didn't get you.

  2. #22
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    Chennai
    Posts
    13
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: New Bike Needed - Budget - 2 to 2.5 Lakh

    Quote Originally Posted by GandalfTheGrey View Post
    As you aren't in a hurry, I suggest you wait for a couple of more weeks. Looks like Indian spec'd version of BMW G310R is launched in Thailand. Sources tell the price is lower than D390's which is even more interesting.

    https://www.rushlane.com/bmw-g310r-b...-12201223.html

    On a completely OT, no offense mate and please don't take me wrong before I ask, why spend 2 to 2.5 lakhs on a bike that's going to be used mainly for commuting and occasional touring? I personally feel there are bikes such as FZ25, RTR200, Dominar, and CBR250 are not only well below your budget but also will excellently serve your purpose.

    Cheers!
    The options I am actively considering in order of my liking are: CBR 250, Duke 390, Dominar, FZ25 and then maybe TB/Classic 500. I have ridden the Classic 500 and I like the feel, but hesitant because of reliability. I like the CBR's reliability, engine smoothness and ergonomics. It's been hard to get a TD of FZ25, Duke 390 and Dominar.

  3. #23
    Rookie famishedrider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Bhubaneswar
    Posts
    31
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: New Bike Needed - Budget - 2 to 2.5 Lakh

    Quote Originally Posted by kssandeep@yahoo.com View Post
    Didn't get you.
    FZ250 won't heat as much as the Duke 250 is what I mean.

  4. #24
    Addicted
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    Chennai
    Posts
    110
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: New Bike Needed - Budget - 2 to 2.5 Lakh

    Quote Originally Posted by arunviswes View Post
    The options I am actively considering in order of my liking are: CBR 250, Duke 390, Dominar, FZ25 and then maybe TB/Classic 500. I have ridden the Classic 500 and I like the feel, but hesitant because of reliability. I like the CBR's reliability, engine smoothness and ergonomics. It's been hard to get a TD of FZ25, Duke 390 and Dominar.
    Nice choices there mate. Yeah REs have a different feel to them and no doubt about that but I wish they were more reliable.

    Yeah it's difficult to lay hands on the FZ25 yet, in Chennai at least. I tried the FZ in the Yamaha showroom in Pallikaranai, may be you can try there if you haven't.

    Dominar can be tried in Adyar showroom but it's mostly crowded.

    In Chennai, KTMs don't have TD vehicles of all of their products in every showroom so it's better to call the showroom before going. Mostly the Camp road showroom(above Bajaj) will have bikes for TD.

    Cheers!

  5. #25
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    Chennai
    Posts
    13
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: New Bike Needed - Budget - 2 to 2.5 Lakh

    Quote Originally Posted by GandalfTheGrey View Post
    Nice choices there mate. Yeah REs have a different feel to them and no doubt about that but I wish they were more reliable.

    Yeah it's difficult to lay hands on the FZ25 yet, in Chennai at least. I tried the FZ in the Yamaha showroom in Pallikaranai, may be you can try there if you haven't.

    Dominar can be tried in Adyar showroom but it's mostly crowded.

    In Chennai, KTMs don't have TD vehicles of all of their products in every showroom so it's better to call the showroom before going. Mostly the Camp road showroom(above Bajaj) will have bikes for TD.

    Cheers!
    Checked with the camp Road showroom (Khivraj). They neither have Dominar or Duke 390 for TD. Only Mount Road Showrooms have it seems.

  6. #26
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    Chennai
    Posts
    13
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: New Bike Needed - Budget - 2 to 2.5 Lakh

    My search continues....CBR 250, no news of the new/BS IV model. Bullet Std 500 has been updated as FI, but dealers have no clue - they say they are hearing for the first time from me. No Duke 390 for TD. Have eliminated Dominar provisionally and Will be trying to TD the FZ 25 today
    leech likes this.

  7. #27
    Addicted
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Chennai
    Posts
    70
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: New Bike Needed - Budget - 2 to 2.5 Lakh

    Quote Originally Posted by arunviswes View Post
    My search continues....CBR 250, no news of the new/BS IV model. Bullet Std 500 has been updated as FI, but dealers have no clue - they say they are hearing for the first time from me. No Duke 390 for TD. Have eliminated Dominar provisionally and Will be trying to TD the FZ 25 today
    Dominar you can test drive at Jai Bajaj, Sanatorium . Duke 390 only display vehicle available at Tambarm KTM (Sembakam). Call the JaiBajaj, santorium, normally on Fridays, Bajaj will have night test rides for Dominar

    ----consecutive posts auto-merged-----

    Quote Originally Posted by arunviswes View Post
    My search continues....CBR 250, no news of the new/BS IV model. Bullet Std 500 has been updated as FI, but dealers have no clue - they say they are hearing for the first time from me. No Duke 390 for TD. Have eliminated Dominar provisionally and Will be trying to TD the FZ 25 today
    Bullet 500 FI is not yet hit the showrooms, the news is only in the automobile sites.
    Hodibaba (Caliber 115)
    Pulsar 150 (2008-2016)
    Chevrolet Beat (2010-)
    Desert Storm (2013-2017)
    Yamaha Rayz( 2016-)
    D390 2017 - Current

  8. #28
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    Chennai
    Posts
    13
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: New Bike Needed - Budget - 2 to 2.5 Lakh

    Rode the FZ 25 today. Ergonomics great! Torque great, breaking decent. Slight vibrations at 4000-4500 rpm.

  9. #29
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Bengaluru
    Posts
    32
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: New Bike Needed - Budget - 2 to 2.5 Lakh

    Quote Originally Posted by arunviswes View Post
    Rode the FZ 25 today. Ergonomics great! Torque great, breaking decent. Slight vibrations at 4000-4500 rpm.
    I felt the same thing but for the price it is offered, it is a very good value for money bike.

  10. #30
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    Chennai
    Posts
    13
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: New Bike Needed - Budget - 2 to 2.5 Lakh

    CBR 250R and 150R taken off from the Honda website!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 90
    Last Post: 03-19-2017, 09:11 AM
  2. Which bike to choose within 2 lakh INR Budget?
    By StylishKiller in forum What Bike?
    Replies: 47
    Last Post: 10-31-2012, 06:25 PM
  3. At a budget of 1 lakh
    By Kalli12 in forum What Bike?
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 08-22-2012, 06:25 PM
  4. With a lakh for budget
    By utsavchs in forum What Bike?
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 04-20-2012, 02:57 PM
  5. Some help regarding a new bike - Budget 7 lakh
    By juscallmelarry in forum What Bike?
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 01-17-2012, 12:27 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •