Mumbai-Pune 5th October 2008 ride to Amby Valley, Lonavala
***PLEASE POST YOUR MOBILE NUMBERS ON THIS THREAD***
***THOSE WHO HAVE XBHP T-SHIRTS PLEASE WEAR THEM***
After the recent rebirth of xBhp, we meet up to celebrate our sole platform of biker friendship with a new josh.
Mumbai & Pune are two cities which are separated by 100kms. From the past few months, the bonds have become strong. We xBhpians from both these cities have been riding together for quite some time now and learning from each other. This ride is very much a friendship ride and we plan to make this successful by ensuring a zero casualty rate.
Ride Meetup Plan:
1) ***Guys from Dadar - Bandra.. we'll catch u directly @ Panvel McD
Guys from Mira Road.. catch up with JustShan(on).. @ Kashimira @ 6:00..(plz don't be late)
Other guys meet me(Swapnil) @ Jogeshwari-Powai link road.. Indian Oil petrol pump.. @ 6:15.
Guys to contact:
Swapnil(Motorbreath) - 9820316800
Shannon(Justshan) - 9920601961
All n all.. we gotta reach Panvel by 7 - 7:15.. so expect every to be on time. *** By Motorbreath
2) Thane side: Eternity Mall @ 6am (Marcus (Sonnu):9987755636)
3) Navi Mumbai: Panvel McDonald's @ 7am (Sumit (dragster):9820985424) ---------Chetan (9820848886) (joining from Pune)
Everybody needs to meetup atlast @ Panvel McDonald's, we will start our ride from there at 7:00am towards Lonavala.
1) Chandni Chowk CCD @ 7am (Niranjan:9860097047, Inder:9822167646)
MUMBAI: Motorbreath/Dragster will be leading the group, Marcus will be at the tail. I request everybody not to over take the leader or get left behind the sweeper. There will be some riding details told to you before the ride starts, its for your/our own safety, PLEASE adhere to them. As the number of riders are more, I request everybody to take care of fellow riders and not overtake each other unnecessarily. Also please do not overspeed, ride at a constant 70-80kmph on open roads.
PUNE: Ritwik/Inder will be leading, while Niranjan/Chetan will be at the tail.
It would be a one day ride. Lonavala is around 100km from Mumbai (50km from Panvel) and around 70-80km from Pune.
We will reach Lonavala (and meetup with the other city guys) at around 9am, have breakfast @ RK restaurant while discussing some issues on bike riding.
Head to Amby Valley @ 10am. (where we will encounter many twists.... so we need to be very careful and slow.)
Reach Amby Valley at around 11am.... do some good timepass.... and leave from there at 12:00-12:30pm..... reach Lonavala @ 1:30pm.... leave for our respective cities.
1) Every biker should carry the following papers:
a. RC Book copy
b. Insurance Policy copy (valid)
c. PUC Certificate (valid)
d. Driving Licence (original)
(These documents will be checked before we leave for the ride, please do not fail to miss out on any of them)
2) Things to carry with you:
b. Bottle of water
c. Tubeless puncture kit (incase you are rolling on tubeless tyres)
d. Extra cash of about Rs.500 for yourself incase of any emergency
3) Riding gear:
a. Helmet (ISI/DOT/ECE approved) (rider and pillion both)
b. Full-sleeve Jacket (preferabley a riding jacket or a rainy jacket/
d. Full length pants (jeans or trousers.... no flesh should be seen)
e. Boots/Shoes (no chappals or floaters)
Fuel costs should not exceed Rs.300, considering a distance of 200km (approx) and milage of 40kmpl (approx). If possible please fuel up your bikes while you reach the final meetup point.
Riding Guidelines (to be strictly followed)
1) Both Mumbai and Pune formations will be led by a person each. All riders need to be in the in-line formation. Formation Leaders will be announced a day before the ride.
2) While riding in a formation, each rider is supposed to "follow tail" at a safe distance. Cruisin speed on the highway would be between 80-85 km/hr. Anyone who does not wish to stick to this can stay out of this meet.
3) A distance of at least 2 seconds has to be maintained between two riders. How to measure this will be told at the meetin point.
4) All new people on the ride need to follow the formation in a position that is allocated to them by the leader
5) Since the ride is a one-day ride, all participants are requested to honour time. All participants are requested to arrive at the meetin point at least 10 minutes earlier. The convoy will wait for no longer than 15 minutes post the announced time.
6) Riders who will not follow the group rules will be warned the first time round and in case the same thing is repeated, he would be disallowed from attending any xBhp group rides.
7) All are requested to co-operate and co-ordinate for making this ride a success.
Motorbreath(Swapnil) (Black P200)
Dragster (Sumit) (Red P180 v1)
the_doctor(Kunal) (Red P150 v1) + 2 bikes (Unicorn)
cosgeo99(Koustubh) (Silver Unicorn)
Calvin (Black R15)
Shiva (Black ZMA)
Sonu (Discover 135)
Abhijeet (RTR Efi)
justshan(Shannon) (Red P150 v2)
Sonnu (Black Avenger 180)
Chinmay (Red P220)
Ameya (R15) + live2win2win (Pillion)
Artone (Silver P200)
Chilled_Fire (Blue P220)
Anup Abraham + RazorBlades (??)
Neutrino (Yellow RTR)
Ajinkya (Red P220)
Hanoz (Blue P150 Cl)
John (Silver P150 v1)
inder.cool (Red ZMA)
niranjanvaidya (Red P220)
ritwik23 (Silver P200)
chetanpulsar (Red P220)
Naren Nair (Grey RTR)
Guys please start confirming your presence in the ride.......
Just compiled some notes based on the current user list (till 2nd Oct 12am)
6 Bajaj Pulsar 220 DTS Fi (4 Red, 1 Black, 1 Blue)
3 Bajaj Pulsar 200 DTSi (2 Silver, 1 Black)
2 Bajaj Pulsar 180 DTSi
1 Bajaj Avenger 180 DTSi
4 Bajaj Pulsar 150 DTSi
4 Yamaha R15
2 Hero Honda Karizma (1 Black, 1 Red)
3 TVS Apache RTR (one of them is an EFi)
1 Bajaj Discover 135
1 Honda Unicorn
1 Yamaha Fazer