Since '02 xBhp is different things to different people. From a close knit national community of bikers to India's only motorcycling lifestyle magazine and a place to make like minded biker friends. Join the #16YearsOfxBhpCelebrations click here.

T-shirt
Magazine
Castrol Power 1

Always wear a helmet.

Our Partners

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 19 of 19
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: KTM 125 Duke Review: Smallest Duke, but Duke nonetheless

  1. #11
    Rusted Zapps's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Location
    Ludhiana, Punjab
    Posts
    747
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: KTM 125 Duke Review: Smallest Duke, but Duke nonetheless

    Quote Originally Posted by s1d View Post
    all the ktms sold currently 125,200,390 share the same tire spec size wise.(only the speed rating differs, 390 gets metz h-rated.. while the siblings get the mrf S rated iirc)

    i always felt a 140/70 rear tire would have been better.. but hey the 150 isn't bad.. just overkill for most.
    Yeah I too feel it's an overkill esplly for a 125 cc bike.

  2. #12
    Rusted Akash.Yadav's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Hyderabad
    Posts
    1,074
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: KTM 125 Duke Review: Smallest Duke, but Duke nonetheless

    Quote Originally Posted by Zapps View Post
    Yeah I too feel it's an overkill esplly for a 125 cc bike.
    It is easy to strike a deal with the tyre manufacturer if the requirement is for same spec.
    Overall, KTM might be asking for 1000-1500 pairs of tyres per month based on the sales record for the 3 smaller siblings of the out if this world and steroid filled Duke 390.
    150 section tyre feels overkill for us Indians because 98% of people don't use the tyres as they should be. It is mostly commuting and that is massive underutilization of the tyres.
    We don't have the infra to support that so commuting or squid-ing is what is seen.
    Regards,
    Akash Yadav

    The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It is a very mean and nasty place. It will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it.

  3. #13
    Rusted
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    Pondicherry
    Posts
    457
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: KTM 125 Duke Review: Smallest Duke, but Duke nonetheless

    The Duke 125 and RC 125 are meant to be beginner bikes for the European countries with license restrictions. They are toned down versions of the elder sibilings. Thats why they have the same frame, tyres and what not, except for the engine. Heck.... the Duke 125 in international markets gets the exact stlying of the Duke 390 and even dual channel ABS. The way to look at the Duke 125 is as Duke and not as 125.

    BTW.... coming to tyre sizes, the gixxers, FZ, hornets get 140 rear tyre while all the 200cc bikes in India (except KTMs) get a 130 rear tyre, which IMO is adequate in terms of looks and functionality.

    Hope the Duke 125 becomes a success which encourages companies to bring bikes like the GSX-R150 and GSX-S150 to India.

  4. #14
    Rusted Akash.Yadav's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Hyderabad
    Posts
    1,074
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: KTM 125 Duke Review: Smallest Duke, but Duke nonetheless

    Quote Originally Posted by ayrus View Post
    The Duke 125 and RC 125 are meant to be beginner bikes for the European countries with license restrictions. They are toned down versions of the elder sibilings. Thats why they have the same frame, tyres and what not, except for the engine. Heck.... the Duke 125 in international markets gets the exact stlying of the Duke 390 and even dual channel ABS. The way to look at the Duke 125 is as Duke and not as 125.

    BTW.... coming to tyre sizes, the gixxers, FZ, hornets get 140 rear tyre while all the 200cc bikes in India (except KTMs) get a 130 rear tyre, which IMO is adequate in terms of looks and functionality.

    Hope the Duke 125 becomes a success which encourages companies to bring bikes like the GSX-R150 and GSX-S150 to India.
    International Duke 125 is costlier than RE I650(India price).
    Bajaj did what it could and I think it is a brilliant move. They are offering things which even the FZ25 doesn't(if half the cc doesn't matter much in the extremely dense traffic).
    A frugal 125cc engine which can easily do good speeds, 6 speed gearbox, liquid cooling, plethora of information on the dashboard, FI, superb chassis, sweet brakes and ABS.
    If I had not been spoilt by my 220's torque and extreme ease of spares and maintenance, I would have given the D125 a serious thought.
    MidnightEvil Parth and Zapps like this.
    Regards,
    Akash Yadav

    The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It is a very mean and nasty place. It will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it.

  5. #15
    Addicted
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    159
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: KTM 125 Duke Review: Smallest Duke, but Duke nonetheless

    Quote Originally Posted by xBhp View Post



    Lo and behold - One and only reason tall guys can't ride a KTM! Just look at him, that arm position is totally impractical for riding motorcycles, it maybe okay for riding a scooter though. I adore KTM and wish to buy one but I get severely cramped atop all KTM motorcycles due to my height being 6'3".

    Is there any possibility KTM will make/launch a relaxed and longer motorcycle in the sports-tourer category?

  6. #16
    Rusted Akash.Yadav's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Hyderabad
    Posts
    1,074
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: KTM 125 Duke Review: Smallest Duke, but Duke nonetheless

    Quote Originally Posted by arya809 View Post
    Lo and behold - One and only reason tall guys can't ride a KTM! Just look at him, that arm position is totally impractical for riding motorcycles, it maybe okay for riding a scooter though. I adore KTM and wish to buy one but I get severely cramped atop all KTM motorcycles due to my height being 6'3".

    Is there any possibility KTM will make/launch a relaxed and longer motorcycle in the sports-tourer category?
    The Adventure 390 is gonna come soon.
    And the Vitpilen is also being tested.
    For the first time in decades I feel nice to be a 5'6" tall.
    arya809 likes this.
    Regards,
    Akash Yadav

    The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It is a very mean and nasty place. It will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it.

  7. #17
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Location
    Mumbai
    Posts
    38
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: KTM 125 Duke Review: Smallest Duke, but Duke nonetheless

    Quote Originally Posted by xBhp View Post
    What makes one edgy? Not sleeping all night knowing that if they do, they won’t be able to wake up on time. Then catching a 4:50 AM flight. 2 hours of flight time in cramped seats (at least for me). And then an hour of drive in a cramped car (again, at least for me). These things are irritating and even more so for the vertically gifted like me. Now, what is a motorcycle? Something that can bring a smile to the edgy man’s face. The edgy man is me, and the motorcycle, KTM 125 Duke.
    Is the suspension and breaking right on the mark? Does the excessive driving makes the engine noisy?
    Last edited by xBhp; 03-07-2019 at 11:36 AM.

  8. #18
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Location
    Mumbai
    Posts
    38
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: KTM 125 Duke Review: Smallest Duke, but Duke nonetheless

    Will there be dual channel abs version in duke? Is it good for off-road track?

  9. #19
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    India
    Posts
    939
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: KTM 125 Duke Review: Smallest Duke, but Duke nonetheless

    Quote Originally Posted by Abhijit Jadhav View Post
    Is the suspension and breaking right on the mark? Does the excessive driving makes the engine noisy?
    The suspension felt pretty good on the track i.e. mostly smooth tarmac. How it will handle less than ideal remains to be seen.
    Braking is adequate and mostly on point.
    Dual-channel ABS version we cannot be sure of but its highly unlikely.
    Mild off-roading may be alright but that's about it. Can't be thrown around like ADVs.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Similar Threads

  1. Installing Duke 390's stock Handgaurd & End Weights in Duke 200
    By Shaktiv3 in forum General Biking Discussion
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 09-15-2017, 02:56 PM
  2. 2017 KTM 390 Duke Review: Rioters!
    By The Monk in forum Bike Reviews
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 03-21-2017, 06:11 PM
  3. Replies: 12
    Last Post: 11-23-2015, 08:43 PM
  4. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12-09-2014, 12:43 PM
  5. Replies: 686
    Last Post: 12-07-2011, 11:23 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •