Since '02 xBhp is different things to different people. From a close knit national community of bikers to India's only motorcycling lifestyle magazine and a place to make like minded biker friends. Join the #16YearsOfxBhpCelebrations click here.

T-shirt
Magazine
Castrol Power 1

Be smooth with your gear shifts.

Our Partners

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 17 of 17
Like Tree26Likes

Thread: New Bajaj Dominar Review: First (hyper)Ride of 2019

  1. #11
    Addicted
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    Bangalore
    Posts
    155
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: New Bajaj Dominar Review: First (hyper)Ride of 2019

    Quote Originally Posted by Abhijit Jadhav View Post
    What is the expected price range and what kind of engine oil is prefered for this Beast??Brands like Motul, Castrol, Shell, Divyol, Veedol are this good choice engine oil for this bike?? Do suggest on this?
    1.75L-ish ex-showroom. Use the Bajaj oil till the warranty gets over (or to remain in the warranty period). Then you can go for others such as Motul 7100, Maxima, Addinol, Release on, Castrol (depending on whether you get them in your city).
    Wind in my hair.... and I'm semi bald...

  2. #12
    Speedy
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Pune
    Posts
    259
    Blog Entries
    2
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: New Bajaj Dominar Review: First (hyper)Ride of 2019

    Quote Originally Posted by aamaadmi View Post
    Great review guys! As usual, I might add

    I am rooting for the Dominar to succeed. I hoped for big things with the first version but alas the market didn't warm up to it . Kudos on Bajaj for keeping on backing what is arguably one of the best products on the Indian 2 wheeler market. Bajaj shows that it respects the Indian motorcyclist enough to make a serious effort with its offerings. Excelsior Bajaj!

    A minor rant:
    See folks this is whats wrong with us! We will keep buying RE classic 350 clunkers in record numbers but a solid bikes like this (or the RR310, or the Inazuma etc) get little love from the masses. How does this reflect on the state of the market? If these fail to see numbers, what incentive do manufactures have to keep bringing us modern, powerful, VFM machines? If they consider this country a market of poseurs and herd mentality then that will be a label well merited. Drowning in a sea of Activas, REs and Splendors would be a fate well deserved!

    I don't have the budget for another bike, but i'd buy the green dominar in a hearbeat if possible. If for nothing else then to encourage such offerings from all manufacturers.
    Wholeheartedly agree! Dominar is in far better league than anything from RE upto 500 cc! RE single cylinder bikes really suck - though their new Interceptor etc 650 cc range is a great leap from that brand and those bikes are indeed quite good.
    I too am rooting for Dominar and Bajaj in general - as Bajaj is the manufacturer that has brought performance bikes to the masses! Without original Pulsar series, there would be no plethora of options as we see today. My Pulsar 180 DTSi 2004 model is still running alright and is still affordable to maintain!! Can't forget that even as I enjoy now Triumph Street Triple.

    ----consecutive posts auto-merged-----

    Quote Originally Posted by sanjeet286 View Post
    1.75L-ish ex-showroom. Use the Bajaj oil till the warranty gets over (or to remain in the warranty period). Then you can go for others such as Motul 7100, Maxima, Addinol, Release on, Castrol (depending on whether you get them in your city).
    One small suggestion - actually engine oil is not so much about the brand at all. Read the specification from manufacturer carefully and use that specification oil from any reputed brand. (E.g. 10W40, 10W50 etc some grade would be mentioned - you can buy any engine oil like Motul 7100 of that particular grade as per manual - that doesn't void warranty at all. IF you use wrong grade and something happens to the engine, surely warranty would be void. Showroom guys will naturally push for their tied-up brand as they earn significantly in each oil change - but they can't entirely force it on you and can't threaten about warranty).
    cyborgk likes this.

  3. #13
    Rookie anuraagshenoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Hyderabad
    Posts
    44
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: New Bajaj Dominar Review: First (hyper)Ride of 2019

    Checked out the 2019 Dominar today and received a quote too.

    Would mostly be exchanging my 2016 Honda Activa 125 (11,000 kms run) for it. Hope to get a good rate for it.Name:  IMG_20190423_184942-1280x720.jpg
Views: 822
Size:  104.5 KBName:  IMG_20190423_184755-1280x960.jpg
Views: 814
Size:  110.1 KBName:  IMG_20190418_181914-960x1280.jpg
Views: 812
Size:  92.0 KB
    Power is Nothing without Control

  4. #14
    Addicted yashasvi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    jaipur, rajasthan, india
    Posts
    241
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: New Bajaj Dominar Review: First (hyper)Ride of 2019

    Quote Originally Posted by anuraagshenoy View Post
    Checked out the 2019 Dominar today and received a quote too.

    Would mostly be exchanging my 2016 Honda Activa 125 (11,000 kms run) for it. Hope to get a good rate for it.Name:  IMG_20190423_184942-1280x720.jpg
Views: 822
Size:  104.5 KBName:  IMG_20190423_184755-1280x960.jpg
Views: 814
Size:  110.1 KBName:  IMG_20190418_181914-960x1280.jpg
Views: 812
Size:  92.0 KB
    Get the insurance done from outside, you will save some money. And get the nill dep. for 5 years it won't cost that much extra
    ''the last enemy that shall be destroyed is death''

  5. #15
    Rookie CaptainR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    pune
    Posts
    7
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: New Bajaj Dominar Review: First (hyper)Ride of 2019

    Bajaj has left no stone unturned it seems. Recently visited a bajaj showroom for test ride, but they had only 1 display bike. No test rides available. But was allowed to experience the exhaust note. Trust me, it is the best stock exhaust on any bike under 2 lakhs. The reason for low sales of dominar is the way it looks. It's big but not attractive. Bajaj should have worked at least on the headlight design. Looks apart, it's the best bike under 2 lakhs.

  6. #16
    Rusted Ankey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Dehradun
    Posts
    1,386
    Blog Entries
    1
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: New Bajaj Dominar Review: First (hyper)Ride of 2019

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainR View Post
    Bajaj has left no stone unturned it seems. Recently visited a bajaj showroom for test ride, but they had only 1 display bike. No test rides available. But was allowed to experience the exhaust note. Trust me, it is the best stock exhaust on any bike under 2 lakhs. The reason for low sales of dominar is the way it looks. It's big but not attractive. Bajaj should have worked at least on the headlight design. Looks apart, it's the best bike under 2 lakhs.
    Agreed sir. To me, even headlight is OK with dazzling LEDs, but the tale light is an eye sore. Its just another pulsar tail. At night there is no difference between the back of a P150 and a Dominar. And that tail light design is more than a decade old. A better tail section is the need of the hour and if they still have budget left, bit better headlights as you mentioned.
    I would like to thank my legs for supporting me, my arms for being always by my side and my fingers; I could always count on them.

  7. #17
    Addicted yashasvi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    jaipur, rajasthan, india
    Posts
    241
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: New Bajaj Dominar Review: First (hyper)Ride of 2019

    Quote Originally Posted by Ankey View Post
    Agreed sir. To me, even headlight is OK with dazzling LEDs, but the tale light is an eye sore. Its just another pulsar tail. At night there is no difference between the back of a P150 and a Dominar. And that tail light design is more than a decade old. A better tail section is the need of the hour and if they still have budget left, bit better headlights as you mentioned.
    It's basically a rebranded pulsar only, and people associate pulsars with that twin led tail lights, it's like a signature pulsar look. Ford Mustang has the same tail lamp design from 60 years ago, and people love it.
    ''the last enemy that shall be destroyed is death''

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Similar Threads

  1. 2019 Bajaj Dominar brochure leaks
    By suhas220 in forum News
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 03-08-2019, 11:05 PM
  2. Bajaj Pulsar 200NS Review: xBhp's Ride Report
    By sunilg in forum Bike Reviews
    Replies: 961
    Last Post: 01-02-2018, 11:19 AM
  3. Bajaj Dominar 400 Review
    By Old Fox in forum Bike Reviews
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 12-12-2017, 10:02 AM
  4. Replies: 234
    Last Post: 02-27-2014, 03:18 AM
  5. Bajaj Discover 100T Review and Ride Report
    By MG in forum Bike Reviews
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 03-24-2013, 04:45 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •