Since '02 xBhp is different things to different people. From a close knit national community of bikers to India's only motorcycling lifestyle magazine and a place to make like minded biker friends. We have one common religion - Bikeism.

T-shirt
Magazine
Castrol Power 1

Learn & practice evasive maneuvers.

Our Partners

User Tag List

Thread: Jean Daniel (JDan): Top 20 finalist: Biker of the Year 2011

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    167 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Jean Daniel (JDan): Top 20 finalist: Biker of the Year 2011

About JDan: "Hey Friends, I am Jean Daniel from Shillong, Meghalaya. I am a responsible yet fun loving biker, loves Biking and everything else that comes in relation with Bikes, be it long/short tours, learning basic stunts, minor bike repairs, organizing biking events etc. I started biking since 2005 and since then I have never regretted entering into this lifestyle through which I guess I have made a lot of new friends (young and old), rode to new places within my state and beyond with my buddies, to be known by a new name JDan and overall stepped into and learnt many new things which perhaps I would not have done so if I hadnt taken up this lifestyle. Just what the xBhp community had inspired and taught me - I believe in contributing back to society in whatever possible ways within my capacity yet not forgetting or neglecting all the fun and thrills associated with Biking."

His Video intro:

Do I think I have contributed to the motorcycling community, however a
    small way it may be?

As far as the question of contribution to motorcycling is concern, Yes I have contributed to the motorcycling community of my state and my country within my capability. I admit it is not something I should brag about but it is a beginning and I dont have any regrets. As a biker and a friend, I have taken leadership in several events related to biking like the Road Safety Awareness Campaigns, Charity program from Bikers, minor biking road trips/tours cum camping, Biking community get-together events and provided support to promote local talented youths in stunting (motorcycle & cycle) especially with the coming of xGamerz, etc. All the above contributions were executed with the support of my fellow xBhp community members.

How can I contribute more in the future to the motorcycling community?
    As an individual and a biker, there are lots to be done with regards to Motorcycling in Meghalaya state to be particular, Northeastern states and India as a whole. As I always believe in giving back to society, I would like to take up and organize more Biking events like: 1) Biking tours where an individual (biker from within and outside the state) could experience the beauty of nature, fun & adventure at its best, experience the diverse culture and, simultaneously, in such a manner that, the state should also benefit from this event/project with regards to development of tourism, 2) Road Safety Campaigns (India being the topmost ranked in the number of reckless road users, accidents and deaths), 3) Organize annual events to promote biking as a sports through competitions in the field of Stunts, motocross racing etc. Along with few likeminded friends we share a dream of getting Meghalaya and Northeast recognized as few of the best Biking Hill Stations and destination even though it is a vision that is going to take a lot of team work as well as individual effort, time and support. Having been a member of one of the largest Biking community in India i.e. xBhp, I feel the vision is nearer and achievable. Thanking you, and all the best to the rest of the Biker of the Year participants.

My Touring Experience
    Total Kms. Clocked: 1000 approx

Best Ride
    The 4 days 3 nights touring to Garo Hills, Meghalaya last May 2009 with my fellow buddy (Dragon). The fun, thrill, first-time experience of riding without a proper route infomation, riding day and night through spooky villages and foggy narrow country roads was unforgettable and worthwhile.
    One dream ride that I want to do
    Covering the Himalayan Ranges

Places I have ridden
    Assam, Mizoram, Meghalaya

Best touring Bike according to me
    Pulsar 220

Tips to budding tourers
    Get the right attitude with preparedness to meet challenges on the way, know the minor bike repairs, plan and know your route map and read the xBhp bi-monthly magazine regularly.

My Stunting Experience
    Stunt Shows/competitions I Have Done
    Perform couple of stunts during the Mizoram show and a charity show in Shillong for the underprivileged children.

Best Stunt Bike According To Me
    Pulsar 200

(Been There Done That) x 3.25

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Thankyou everyone for your love and support.

Its really been a wonderful motorcycling life, a chapter still fresh and a hell lot of opportunities coming forward. Thankyou xBhp and CEAT for the "Biker of the Year 2011" event.

Honestly speaking I did not expect to be in the top 20 list. It was least expected and I guess I am loving surprises.

Thanks to all my biker friends, other friends and well wishers for their love and support through their votes specially the Shillong xBhp community. Thanks to Noor for the information and support with the video. Thanks to my wife (Ru), Depankar Sinha, Conrad Gurung, Ignesius Rynjah, Bennyfield Lyngdoh, Brandon J. Kharkongor and Dhanraj Nongkhlaw for helping me out with the video. Thanks to my buddy Biplab J. Doley for introducing me to biking, I still remember my first crash on my first day riding lesson.

A correction: in the Touring experience section: "1000 approx" should actually have been "10,000kms approx". I actually misinterpreted with the total kms. clocked in the Best Ride .

You can as well catch me up in facebook to know more about me JDan DvlBoy | Facebook
    To vote, you can visit my profile here.

Good Luck to all the contenders Hoping for the best!
    Keep riding!
    Regards,
    Jean Daniel M. Momin (JDan)
    Shillong, Meghalaya.
    Last edited by Devilboy; 07-25-2011 at 07:58 PM.

"The Trophies and Gifts are worthwhile assets, but meeting you all was an HONOUR"
    Its never too late to Ride! So Ride on!
    Hit the Road! And Feel the breeze!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Catch Meghalaya xBhpians in Facebook

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

voted!!!
    good luck to you and every one else
    Apache 180

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by saipranav View Post
    voted!!!
    good luck to you and every one else
    Thanks for your support buddy.

"The Trophies and Gifts are worthwhile assets, but meeting you all was an HONOUR"
    Its never too late to Ride! So Ride on!
    Hit the Road! And Feel the breeze!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Catch Meghalaya xBhpians in Facebook