About Ajit Harisinghani: "When I'm on my Enfield, I feel complete! The bike feels like an extension of my body. The thumping engine vibrations seem to charge every cell with joyous energy which has the fragrance of freedom in it. I've been riding for over 40 years and I think that's been responsible for my unnaturally good health!"

His Video Intro:

Do I think I have contributed to the motorcycling community, however a
small way it may be?
My book 'One Life to Ride' is about my solo Enfield ride from Pune to Ladakh and is now in it's third edition. Many readers have said that the book has given them the inspiration and confidence to ride to Ladakh.

How can I contribute more in the future to the motorcycling community?
By writing my second book based on my solo ride from Pune to Thimpu (Capital of Bhutan).

My Touring Experience
Total Kms. Clocked
Well over 100,000 kms.

Best Ride
Definitely my 4300 Kms. solo ride from Pune-Ladakh which took me across the hot and dusty plains of India to the world's highest motorale road - the fabled Khardung-La. On this ride I met a wide variety of people - Sufi saints, fake fakirs and many homesick soldiers.

One dream ride that I want to do
Pune to Manasarovar via Kathmandu.

Places I have ridden
Pune to - Goa, Bangalore, Kanyakumari, Kerala, Ladakh, Bhutan, Jaisalmer.

Best touring Bike according to me
Royal Enfield 350cc Standard (What sound!)

Tips to budding tourers
1. Plan the ride in detail but keep the schedule flexible. You never know where you will sleep at the end of the day. 2. Do not treat it like a race - better to go very slow and enjoy the flavour of the journey. 3. Do not drink while on the road. Only when you have stopped for the day. 4. Be prepared for the unexpected!