About Shamim Akhtar: Probably , I was born with the wheels. I dont ride to reach places, rather I just ride in for riding, and destination came and go from every horizon emerges another one Life is nothing but a LONG journey to be relished on two wheels.

His Intro Video:

Do I think I have contributed to the motorcycling community, however a
small way it may be?

I have been a SOLO rider since 1998 ( I was 18 then... the clock seem to have frozen ever since). I rode all over Himalayas by the time I was 22. I rode to Ladakh twice ( once in 2006 and 2008). One of my Coffe table book is my biker's diary Rode to Heaven - LADAKH , published in 2009

How can I contribute more in the future to the motorcycling community?
I am planning ( arranging Fund) to ride to holy Mt. Kailasa and Lhasa from Delhi all the way SOLO. That would be first bike ever to reach Holy Kailasa Manasarovar in 2012.

My Touring Experience
Total Kms. Clocked

More than 200,000 km by now on various bikes.

Best Ride
In 2008, in 16 days of pure solitude , I rode all over Ladakh region solo. The details can be read in my book RODE to HEAVEN - LADAKH.

One dream ride that I want to do
The ride to holy Kailasa - a ride for salvation

Places I have ridden

All over Himalyas, Kerala, Ladakh , Entire Nepal, part of Bhutan ... and more

Best touring Bike according to me
Any that " talks" to me.

Tips to budding tourers

If two wheels can balance itself on road, its because of your body language. If you use the same balanced body language in daily life, Life would be one cool ride.