Since '02 xBhp is different things to different people. From a close knit national community of bikers to India's only motorcycling lifestyle magazine and a place to make like-minded biker friends. Join us

#xBhpAxorHelmet #2

Axor
Castrol Power 1

Always use both brakes to reduce speed.

Our Partners

User Tag List

Page 232 of 236 FirstFirst ... 132182222228229230231232233234235236 LastLast
Results 2,311 to 2,320 of 2354
Like Tree221Likes

Thread: Share Your Creativity (Bike Modification)

  1. #2311
    happy
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    mumbai
    Posts
    90
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Share Your Creativity (Bike Modification)

    Hi first post in this discussions I need to make a free flow for rc200 I have decided to make the header and mid pipe of stainless flexible corrugated steel ...and put a can at the end for least noise..(don't like loud exhaust ) ....sovbesides getting any suggestion I have ala question in mind what is the exhaust valve diameter. And opening angle of the exhaust valve ...cant seem to find it anywhere on google pls hwlp

    Sent from my Lumia 800 using Tapatalk

  2. #2312
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Mumbai
    Posts
    3
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Share Your Creativity (Bike Modification)

    [QUOTE=zma10;1145248]Wouldn't the handle bars be too low for such a big tank? Think twice before you start modifying process. Good luck! Keep posting here about the progress.



    I won't actually go that low with the handle bars as it will attract checkpoint attention. But comfort-wise it is as low as if not slightly lower than most EU/US produced sports bikes. Will definitely post pics. What are your thoughts regarding getting pulled over? Is it passable or what will be the acceptable level of modifications?

  3. #2313
    Addicted zma10's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Bangalore
    Posts
    130
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Share Your Creativity (Bike Modification)

    [QUOTE=sam8477;1145695]
    Quote Originally Posted by zma10 View Post
    Wouldn't the handle bars be too low for such a big tank? Think twice before you start modifying process. Good luck! Keep posting here about the progress.



    I won't actually go that low with the handle bars as it will attract checkpoint attention. But comfort-wise it is as low as if not slightly lower than most EU/US produced sports bikes. Will definitely post pics. What are your thoughts regarding getting pulled over? Is it passable or what will be the acceptable level of modifications?
    Hi,

    Headlight modifications are fine. I've had a round headlight on my zma and even when pulled over, I was not fined for the mod. So I guess it should be ok. Handle bars are also no issues. But then, the cops go really crazy if they see weird speedo and big front mudguards. I had one hell of a time when I had my rx-100.

    Cheers,

    Karthik


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    sam8477 likes this.
    2 > 4
    \m/

    1994 Suzuki Shogun (Sold)
    2003 HH CBZ (Sold)
    1994 Bullet Std 350 (sold)
    1994 Rx-100 (Sold)
    2010 HH Karizma (Sold)
    2012 KTM Duke 200 (Sold)
    2015 Unicorn 160

    Whew!

  4. #2314
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Mumbai
    Posts
    3
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Share Your Creativity (Bike Modification)

    Thanks Karthik, that makes perfect sense. So these mudguards are fine? The rear one can be stock. Front one has been shortened and it's placement is identical to stock. Sorry didn't understand what you meant by "weird speedo".


    [QUOTE=zma10;1145697]
    Quote Originally Posted by sam8477 View Post

    Hi,

    Headlight modifications are fine. I've had a round headlight on my zma and even when pulled over, I was not fined for the mod. So I guess it should be ok. Handle bars are also no issues. But then, the cops go really crazy if they see weird speedo and big front mudguards. I had one hell of a time when I had my rx-100.

    Cheers,

    Karthik


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  5. #2315
    Addicted zma10's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Bangalore
    Posts
    130
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Share Your Creativity (Bike Modification)

    [QUOTE=sam8477;1145699]Thanks Karthik, that makes perfect sense. So these mudguards are fine? The rear one can be stock. Front one has been shortened and it's placement is identical to stock. Sorry didn't understand what you meant by "weird speedo".



    Hi bro.

    Sorry for the late reply. Weird speedos are those that don't suit the bike. Like a single analog speedo. Mudguards however should be fine. Good luck for your project.

    Cheers,

    Karthik


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2 > 4
    \m/

    1994 Suzuki Shogun (Sold)
    2003 HH CBZ (Sold)
    1994 Bullet Std 350 (sold)
    1994 Rx-100 (Sold)
    2010 HH Karizma (Sold)
    2012 KTM Duke 200 (Sold)
    2015 Unicorn 160

    Whew!

  6. #2316
    Addicted RonnieB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Pune
    Posts
    78
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Share Your Creativity (Bike Modification)

    Anybody have reviews of vardenchi

    Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

  7. #2317
    Rusted rachitsharma2000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Mumbai
    Posts
    432
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Share Your Creativity (Bike Modification)

    Hey everybody,

    I was curious about the laws against modification of bikes. Is it illegal to get your bike modified even if it is just a cosmetic modification? If yes, what is the extent of modification allowed? Because AFAIK, even if a bike is repainted to a different color, the RC papers need to be updated with new color.

    Could it be that because there is no law deeming modifications to be legal, police assumes they are illegal by default?
    Riding a bike is like flying.... All your senses are alive...

  8. #2318
    Rusted krish2778's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Bangalore, KA/Trichur, Kerala
    Posts
    3,733
    Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Share Your Creativity (Bike Modification)

    Quote Originally Posted by rachitsharma2000 View Post
    Hey everybody,

    I was curious about the laws against modification of bikes. Is it illegal to get your bike modified even if it is just a cosmetic modification? If yes, what is the extent of modification allowed? Because AFAIK, even if a bike is repainted to a different color, the RC papers need to be updated with new color.

    Could it be that because there is no law deeming modifications to be legal, police assumes they are illegal by default?
    Loosely speaking, anything you do to change the bike to be than what was provided by the factory is illegal.
    Like changing the color of the bike, changing the performance figures, changing the exhaust to free flow(violates PUC norms and DB figures permissible too), removing brakelight or headlights, removing indicators, removing rear view mirrors, all are illegal.

    Heck even riding without the saree guard present is illegal.

    but Having said that, these rules are not properly enforced here in India so chances are most people get away with it.

    Cheers
    Ride Safe
    Krishna
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    Run-in Procedure | Power Loss Solutions | Riding Gears 101 | Biking Brotherhood

    P
    ulsar 220F
    |2013 Honda CBR250R|KTM Duke390|Yamaha R3|Yamaha R1|Triumph Tiger XRX

  9. #2319
    Rusted sanjaysangar1990's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Mumbai/Pune
    Posts
    615
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Share Your Creativity (Bike Modification)

    Keep every law enforced except the saree guard

    Sent from my LT28h using xBhp Connect mobile app

  10. #2320
    Rusted Jon Niranjan Paul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Chennai
    Posts
    276
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Share Your Creativity (Bike Modification)

    Has anyone modded a CB Unicorn? A friend of mine has a 3 year old bike, and is unhappy with it's performance. He does not want to buy a higher capacity bike as he's investing in a car now. Then again, driving a car in Chennai can leave one aggravated for the entire day at work, hence his bike is the primary mode of transportation excluding family outings. Any ideas or suggestions are most welcome!

    He's also looking at a head light mod, i see a lot of bikes with Osram Nightbreaker bulbs, and upon further investigation, saw that they vary. There's H4, H7, etc. Any idea which would fit the CB Unicorn? And would it have any adverse effect on the battery?

    P.S: We're only talking about performance mods.
    Last edited by Jon Niranjan Paul; 06-25-2015 at 10:05 PM.

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •