Since '02 xBhp is different things to different people. From a close knit national community of bikers to India's only motorcycling lifestyle magazine and a place to make like-minded biker friends. Join us

WE DESIGN ON

Lenovo ThinkPad
Magazine
Castrol Power 1

Clean visor equals clear vision.

Our Partners

User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 21
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: [Help]: Troubled with Yamaha R15 Riding Posture!

  1. #11
    Rusted
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Indore
    Posts
    2,968
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Actually nothing can be done with the riding position the bike has, you can try riding it with your errect back, but you'll find that uncomfortable after few km's too.
    The Magician"

  2. #12
    Rusted satishg's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    KL-05
    Posts
    688
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    can we go back to a normal handle bar? any T clamp suitable for the mod ??

  3. #13
    Rusted HydBiker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Hyderabad
    Posts
    3,173
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    20 days since your original post. Well, did you find a better position by now?

    My take is to ride with relaxed muscles. not with stiff muscles. Don't hold anything tight. Keep your elbows bent. Don't try to see very far - for this you have to lift your head a lot and that strains your lower back. Make sure your back and head are straight in one line at an angle proportional to your knee bent.

    Use gloves with padding on palm for city riding too.

    This link would be helpful. Read it a few times and try to implement those riding position techniques one by one. Body Positioning And Steering Techniques - Sport Rider Magazine

  4. #14
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    31
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HydBiker View Post
    20 days since your original post. Well, did you find a better position by now?

    My take is to ride with relaxed muscles. not with stiff muscles. Don't hold anything tight. Keep your elbows bent. Don't try to see very far - for this you have to lift your head a lot and that strains your lower back. Make sure your back and head are straight in one line at an angle proportional to your knee bent.

    Use gloves with padding on palm for city riding too.

    This link would be helpful. Read it a few times and try to implement those riding position techniques one by one. Body Positioning And Steering Techniques - Sport Rider Magazine

    There's been some improvement but it's not perfect, although sometimes I don't feel any strain on my back at all. I'm trying to figure out what makes the difference. One of the things I observed was having a backpack on my back. Another observation I have is that riding slightly longer distances (like 40-50kms or so) makes the ache appear.

    That article you pointed out seems very interesting. Will definitely read and re-read that. Thanks for that! Will share my experiences later again.

  5. #15
    Rusted kurtrules's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    On the foothills
    Posts
    1,200
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Don't worry. Give yourself more time, your body will adapt to the posture.
    " I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not" - Kurt Cobain

  6. #16
    Rusted
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Mumbai
    Posts
    1,125
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    If problem persists. Change your ride. Back problem is a very serious problem that will haunt you for the rest of your life. My office chair used to give me backache. So I simply purchased a different one for 4.8k from my own pocket, now no more backache.

    Some people are more prone to back/wrist pain than the other. So I try not to pay too much attention when someone say "I have no problem".

    Its your back. Not someone's back.
    anishbora likes this.

  7. #17
    Rusted Sarvajit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Hyderabad
    Posts
    5,745
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kaynmantis View Post
    If problem persists. Change your ride. Back problem is a very serious problem that will haunt you for the rest of your life. My office chair used to give me backache. So I simply purchased a different one for 4.8k from my own pocket, now no more backache.

    Some people are more prone to back/wrist pain than the other. So I try not to pay too much attention when someone say "I have no problem".

    Its your back. Not someone's back.
    +1 to that. I also had backpain initially&started doubting my R15's posture since I was used to the regular commuter bike posture before this. Later I realized it was nothing to do with the bike, but with my chair&seating posture at work! Changing the chair eliminated the problem completely.
    So, it just might be something else, check everywhere you sit, not just the bike. Time spent while riding the bike is very less compared to time spent warming the chair oops working at office!
    Quench my thirst with gasoline!

  8. #18
    Addicted HeartBrokenBiker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    I'm a nomad. I move, I live.
    Posts
    165
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I do this:

    On highways -
    Hands parallel to the tank
    Bend stoop over the tank.. vision half way through the visor.
    Ass high over the seat.
    No tight gripping on hands.
    Tank tightly gripped with knee

    In city (I bring her rarely in city) -
    Hands form an arc (its not straight to handle bar at 45 deg .. I see many people do that)
    Ass comfy in between seat.
    No tight gripping on hands.
    No tight gripping on tank.

    R15 v2.0 ^
    Ride Happy and Return Safe!

    --
    The HeartBrokenBiker
    is a motovlogger - youtube.com/HeartBrokenBiker
    haz a FB page - facebook.com/HeartBrokenBiker
    Rides Blogged
    - Solos ( ~3700 kms Solo, 1300 kms, 2 a.m ~560kms)
    - Group ( Pocharam, Ananthagiri, Sankarpalli )
    There is more where that came from :)

  9. #19
    Rookie
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: [Help]: Troubled with Yamaha R15 Riding Posture!

    Dear R15 riders,

    Agree to the fact, we all got attracted to R15 v2.0 beast look but forgot to test it as per Indian Riding styles (traffic riding to be precise) and bought this FOOLISH machine.

    I tried multiple handle bars, sitting position..still lower back pain (precisely GROIN pain will never go). Once this pain gets severe one will have stop driving bikes as orthopedics will suggest the same.


    Yamaha has rolled out its worst piece of work & we bought ti !!

  10. #20
    Rusted Ankey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Dehradun
    Posts
    1,407
    Blog Entries
    1
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: [Help]: Troubled with Yamaha R15 Riding Posture!

    Quote Originally Posted by Rishab Chaturvedi View Post
    Dear R15 riders,

    Agree to the fact, we all got attracted to R15 v2.0 beast look but forgot to test it as per Indian Riding styles (traffic riding to be precise) and bought this FOOLISH machine.

    I tried multiple handle bars, sitting position..still lower back pain (precisely GROIN pain will never go). Once this pain gets severe one will have stop driving bikes as orthopedics will suggest the same.


    Yamaha has rolled out its worst piece of work & we bought ti !!
    Nope, if it was worst piece of machinery, every single rider would have the pains. That is not the case, is it??
    There are people who have taken their R15 to Leh and back without any back trouble and then there are some who get back pain, wrist pain and shoulder pain in just 10-15 kms.

    Did you even read the comments of this page, one of the riders changed his office chair and the pain went away. There maybe other causes of back pain.
    There is a high chance that your posture on the bike is not good. Try getting in shape, exercises that makes your back and shoulders strong. they will help.
    If you still have pains, then you have a weak back and should listen to your doctor and get rid of the R15 and buy something with more relaxed seating.
    you cannot expect a cruiser like seating on a super sport. If you bought something without researching properly, its not Yamaha's fault.

    PS. I own a 2 year old R15 V2 and tour extensively on it. A 400 kms round trip every month is the minimum, it may be more but not less, so I know what I am talking about.
    anishbora and Vattsy like this.
    I would like to thank my legs for supporting me, my arms for being always by my side and my fingers; I could always count on them.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Blame it on Yamaha Or Wait for the Yamaha ???
    By badbikerboy in forum What Bike?
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 07-08-2014, 12:04 AM
  2. [Hard Torque]: Seeing is Riding!
    By Old Fox in forum Hard Torque
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 01-17-2014, 10:42 AM
  3. Replies: 46
    Last Post: 02-16-2012, 09:47 PM
  4. Thrilled, Terrified and still riding the Yamaha R6
    By Carlitos in forum Superbike And Imports
    Replies: 46
    Last Post: 04-03-2011, 07:57 PM
  5. Yamaha Technology Docs available on Yamaha Website.
    By JitenMistry in forum General Biking Discussion
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 03-25-2010, 06:39 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •