Since '02 xBhp is different things to different people. From a close knit national community of bikers to India's only motorcycling lifestyle magazine and a place to make like-minded biker friends. Join us

WE DESIGN ON

Lenovo ThinkPad
Castrol Power 1

Stop braking before you start turning.

Our Partners

User Tag List

Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: 1. Engine Oils 2. Compression Pressure and Compression Ratio.

  1. #1
    Rusted abhiwar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Thane, Maharashtra
    Posts
    295
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Red face 1. Engine Oils 2. Compression Pressure and Compression Ratio.

    Guys after Gearbox again am Stuck please help me to clear things

    1> What is the Difference Between Diesel Engine Oils and Normal Motercycle Engine Oils ..?

    2> Is it Ok/Safe to use Diesel Engine oils in Motorcycle Engine ( 4stroke) will it make any Damage or Difference in performance of Bike and Gear Box..?

    3> I Know What is Compression Pressure but need some gyan on Compression Ration ( in simple words please ) i am little confuse and also can we change/modify Compression Ratio by changing Piston shape and Bore ? like if i get 1st oversize dome head Piston with some bore work ( by changing displacement of my RTR ) it will increase Compression Presure or Compression Ratio ..?

    Please note that Point 1 and 2 are Related to Engine oil and 3 is about Compression .

  2. #2
    Super Moderator sunilg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    ghaziabad
    Posts
    8,270
    Blog Entries
    1
    Mentioned
    179 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Query approved.
    (Been There Done That) x 3.25

  3. #3
    Rusted abhichotu.abhi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    2,606
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by abhiwar View Post
    Guys after Gearbox again am Stuck please help me to clear things

    1> What is the Difference Between Diesel Engine Oils and Normal Motercycle Engine Oils ..?

    2> Is it Ok/Safe to use Diesel Engine oils in Motorcycle Engine ( 4stroke) will it make any Damage or Difference in performance of Bike and Gear Box..?

    3> I Know What is Compression Pressure but need some gyan on Compression Ration ( in simple words please ) i am little confuse and also can we change/modify Compression Ratio by changing Piston shape and Bore ? like if i get 1st oversize dome head Piston with some bore work ( by changing displacement of my RTR ) it will increase Compression Presure or Compression Ratio ..?

    Please note that Point 1 and 2 are Related to Engine oil and 3 is about Compression .

    1) Diesel engine oils have high detergent contents that is useful in keeping the diesel engine clean from sludge and heavier deposits.

    2) I could not imagine major damages, apart I think that high detergent content might not allow proper carbon build-up in petrol engines and might eat the seals (???? Please correct me If wrong???)

  4. #4
    Rusted abhiwar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Thane, Maharashtra
    Posts
    295
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by abhichotu.abhi View Post
    1) Diesel engine oils have high detergent contents that is useful in keeping the diesel engine clean from sludge and heavier deposits.

    2) I could not imagine major damages, apart I think that high detergent content might not allow proper carbon build-up in petrol engines and might eat the seals (???? Please correct me If wrong???)
    Oh but i've another query . Diesel Oils are made to use only in Engine where as in bike Engine oil is used as Gearbox oil also ... thats the reason i am confused .

  5. #5
    Rusted Honda_CBF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Korba (C.G)>>Jamshedpur (J.H)
    Posts
    1,337
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by abhiwar View Post
    Oh but i've another query . Diesel Oils are made to use only in Engine where as in bike Engine oil is used as Gearbox oil also ... thats the reason i am confused .
    that's what i asked to a mechanic when he was filling diesel engine oil into SHINE, and he said "kuch nai hoga, mast mobile hai"
    And that bike felt well to me while riding....
    I guess its only good if you use it for cleaning purpose once after 30k done on ODO.

Similar Threads

  1. Engine Oils
    By MG in forum Universal Threads
    Replies: 10503
    Last Post: 2 Weeks Ago, 08:42 PM
  2. Replies: 25
    Last Post: 05-06-2012, 10:36 AM
  3. Engine Rebuild - Lack of Pick up and Compression
    By GP_freak in forum Help Me!
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 12-12-2009, 06:16 PM
  4. [Help]: Disposal of used Engine Oils.
    By krishnan6015 in forum Help Me!
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 11-06-2009, 12:51 AM
  5. Engine Oils
    By jatin_cbz in forum General Biking Discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-04-2009, 04:53 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •