Since '02 xBhp is different things to different people. From a close knit national community of bikers to India's only motorcycling lifestyle magazine and a place to make like minded biker friends. We have one common religion - Bikeism.

T-shirt
Magazine
Castrol Power 1

Fatigue, sleepiness, & alcohol are the same.

Our Partners


9000 KMS AROUND INDIA FOR MOTORCYCLYING UNITY.
16th DEC'17 - 5TH FEB'18

SUPPORTED BY

indian suzuki nissan hp helmet Red FM

User Tag List

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 125
Like Tree26Likes

Thread: Saddle sore advice and help needed

  1. #21
    Cruise Machine experimentalhead's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Bangalore
    Posts
    1,097
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by aargee View Post
    Sorry, forgot to reply earlier; you'll feel CBR is highly under powered between Bangalore - Hyderabad roads
    hi rg

    thanks for update. do i have 24x7 petrol bunks on both routes?

  2. #22
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    19
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    My native is nagercoil which is near to Kanya Kumari and i am brought up in Tirunelveli and now i am in chennai. I know the routes from chennai to kk.

    You can maintain average speed of 100km if you follow this route

    chennai - trichy - madurai - tirunelveli - kanyakumari - NH7

    And i had travelled from madurai to kk at speed of 120km in p180 . Roads are smooth and clean and yes you have 24x7 petrol bunk all the way.

    If you have android mobile install sygic in it . Which is offline GPS and you can locate anything u need on that.

  3. #23
    Rusted aargee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    KATN
    Posts
    10,251
    Mentioned
    152 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by experimentalhead View Post
    thanks for update. do i have 24x7 petrol bunks on both routes?
    Will find out between Bangalore - Hyderabad; on your CBR, yes...

    Fill up at Bangalore, next fill up at Salem, Lorry owner's association IOL enroute towards CBE, BTW, it's not a great detour, hardly about 1-2 Km
    Karur BPCL comes about 20-25 Km after Kaveri river bridge
    Madurai, I don't know, but I'm very confident you WILL find 24X7 fuel stations both ways
    Between Madurai to Kanyakumari, I've found atleast 4-5 of them, but all of them the other side (when you go from Madurai towards Kanyakumari). However, if you refuel at Madurai, you'll hardly need to refuel until Kanyakumari.
    Again, Kanyakumari, you WILL find 24X7 fuel stations
    Skill is what keeps you on a Motorcycle
    Awareness + Skill is what keeps you out of harm's way
    ATGATT + Awareness + Skill means you might Live To Ride another day

  4. #24
    Cruise Machine experimentalhead's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Bangalore
    Posts
    1,097
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by forumhookers View Post
    My native is nagercoil which is near to Kanya Kumari and i am brought up in Tirunelveli and now i am in chennai. I know the routes from chennai to kk.

    You can maintain average speed of 100km if you follow this route

    chennai - trichy - madurai - tirunelveli - kanyakumari - NH7

    And i had travelled from madurai to kk at speed of 120km in p180 . Roads are smooth and clean and yes you have 24x7 petrol bunk all the way.

    If you have android mobile install sygic in it . Which is offline GPS and you can locate anything u need on that.
    Quote Originally Posted by aargee View Post
    Will find out between Bangalore - Hyderabad; on your CBR, yes...

    Fill up at Bangalore, next fill up at Salem, Lorry owner's association IOL enroute towards CBE, BTW, it's not a great detour, hardly about 1-2 Km
    Karur BPCL comes about 20-25 Km after Kaveri river bridge
    Madurai, I don't know, but I'm very confident you WILL find 24X7 fuel stations both ways
    Between Madurai to Kanyakumari, I've found atleast 4-5 of them, but all of them the other side (when you go from Madurai towards Kanyakumari). However, if you refuel at Madurai, you'll hardly need to refuel until Kanyakumari.
    Again, Kanyakumari, you WILL find 24X7 fuel stations
    Thanks @ forumhookers and RG...really appreciate the update

  5. #25
    Cruise Machine experimentalhead's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Bangalore
    Posts
    1,097
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Hi friends,

    Can anyone tell me about where could I buy a puncture kit in Bangalore?
    And, also can anyone post a detailed video about fixing a puncture of front and rear tyres of an Avenger?

    Regards,
    Raghu

  6. #26
    Rusted aargee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    KATN
    Posts
    10,251
    Mentioned
    152 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by experimentalhead View Post
    Can anyone tell me about where could I buy a puncture kit in Bangalore?
    Does this help? - http://www.xbhp.com/talkies/do-yours...tml#post461115

    Quote Originally Posted by experimentalhead View Post
    And, also can anyone post a detailed video about fixing a puncture of front and rear tyres of an Avenger?
    http://www.xbhp.com/talkies/do-yours...re-repair.html; Kindly Google in Youtube for videos
    Skill is what keeps you on a Motorcycle
    Awareness + Skill is what keeps you out of harm's way
    ATGATT + Awareness + Skill means you might Live To Ride another day

  7. #27
    Rusted phanikar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bangalore
    Posts
    1,446
    Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by experimentalhead View Post
    Hi friends,
    Can anyone tell me about where could I buy a puncture kit in Bangalore?
    And, also can anyone post a detailed video about fixing a puncture of front and rear tyres of an Avenger?

    Regards,
    Raghu
    The puncture repair kit available in the market is generally for tubeless kind of tyres(read the tyres on alloy wheels). You can try Slime for tube tyre punctures. Its available in JC road, had sen it in few bike accessories shop but not sure about the price.

    Quote Originally Posted by aargee View Post
    But avenger runs on tube type tyres.

  8. #28
    Rusted aargee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    KATN
    Posts
    10,251
    Mentioned
    152 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by phanikar View Post
    But avenger runs on tube type tyres.
    Oh!!! Really? Sorry; in that case, it's better do learn the DIY at leisure; it's a big headache removing the tire from the rim & putting it back. I've tried on my Rx twice & failed miserably as I didn't have additional small tire to mount the rim. Plus it needs a great amount of experience. I'm not discouraging, but saying, it takes a great deal.
    Skill is what keeps you on a Motorcycle
    Awareness + Skill is what keeps you out of harm's way
    ATGATT + Awareness + Skill means you might Live To Ride another day

  9. #29
    Cruise Machine experimentalhead's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Bangalore
    Posts
    1,097
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by phanikar View Post
    The puncture repair kit available in the market is generally for tubeless kind of tyres(read the tyres on alloy wheels). You can try Slime for tube tyre punctures. Its available in JC road, had sen it in few bike accessories shop but not sure about the price.



    But avenger runs on tube type tyres.
    Thanks Phanikar Is SLIME the brand name of the puncture kit for tube tyres?

    Quote Originally Posted by aargee View Post
    Oh!!! Really? Sorry; in that case, it's better do learn the DIY at leisure; it's a big headache removing the tire from the rim & putting it back. I've tried on my Rx twice & failed miserably as I didn't have additional small tire to mount the rim. Plus it needs a great amount of experience. I'm not discouraging, but saying, it takes a great deal.
    Thats absolutely fine RG Thanks for the videos...they would help me to fix my friends' biles which have tubeless tyres in case they run into any probs during any group ride

  10. #30
    Cruise Machine experimentalhead's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Bangalore
    Posts
    1,097
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    how are the road conditions till tirunelveli? can i safely ride at a speed of 90kmph?

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 149
    Last Post: 06-05-2015, 12:29 AM
  2. Replies: 38
    Last Post: 12-30-2014, 08:07 PM
  3. Quarter Saddle-Sore
    By Srivathsa in forum The Tourer
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 04-18-2014, 09:15 PM
  4. RE and Saddle Sore
    By avk84 in forum The Tourer
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 11-01-2011, 12:14 PM
  5. Saddle Sore 2011, IBA winner.
    By anish chauhan in forum Who Are You?
    Replies: 42
    Last Post: 05-19-2011, 09:50 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •