Since '02 xBhp is different things to different people. From a close knit national community of bikers to India's only motorcycling lifestyle magazine and a place to make like minded biker friends. Join the #16YearsOfxBhpCelebrations click here.

WE DESIGN ON

Lenovo ThinkPad
Magazine
Castrol Power 1

Check engine oil level before every ride.

Our Partners

User Tag List

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 31

Thread: Fake engine Oil

  1. #1
    Addicted
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Navi Mumbai
    Posts
    125
    Blog Entries
    1
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Angry Fake engine Oil

    Hi,

    I recently came to know from an internal source, that the engine oil used in the bikes , was many times a fake one.
    I got furious to hear this, its a Yamaha svc center , wont reveal further details

    the problem is if i don't service my bikes the warranty will be void,

    what kind of actions can we take against this

  2. #2
    Super Moderator sunilg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    ghaziabad
    Posts
    8,243
    Blog Entries
    1
    Mentioned
    179 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    If you are confident about this news, then change your service center. And if you have proof, tell it to Yamaha directly.

    IMO, the SVC guys won't use the fake engine oil.
    (Been There Done That) x 3.25

  3. #3
    Addicted
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Navi Mumbai
    Posts
    125
    Blog Entries
    1
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sunilg View Post
    If you are confident about this news, then change your service center. And if you have proof, tell it to Yamaha directly.

    IMO, the SVC guys won't use the fake engine oil.

    there is just one SVC in our city
    and one of the senior mechanic confessed to me about this practise

  4. #4
    Rusted itsmevini123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    New Delhi
    Posts
    2,208
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by abdulsheikh007 View Post
    Hi,

    I recently came to know from an internal source, that the engine oil used in the bikes , was many times a fake one.
    I got furious to hear this, its a Yamaha svc center , wont reveal further details

    the problem is if i don't service my bikes the warranty will be void,

    what kind of actions can we take against this
    Ohh, It is horrible how can SVC could do this , Fake enginve oil.

    Quote Originally Posted by abdulsheikh007 View Post
    there is just one SVC in our city
    and one of the senior mechanic confessed to me about this practise
    There just one SVC in your city (Mumbai), You live in Mumbai, If i am not wrong...
    KTM RC390 - Current
    Yamaha R15 v2 - Sold
    Hero Hunk - Sold
    An IT Engineer by profession and a rider by soul.


    Delhi to Sach Pass - http://www.xbhp.com/talkies/tourer/3...h-ka-darr.html
    Delhi to Mana - http://www.xbhp.com/talkies/tourer/2...xperience.html
    Delhi to Munsyari - http://www.xbhp.com/talkies/tourer/2...ttrakhand.html
    Spiti circuit - http://www.xbhp.com/talkies/tourer/3...cuit-solo.html

    Facebook

  5. #5
    Addicted
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Navi Mumbai
    Posts
    125
    Blog Entries
    1
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by itsmevini123 View Post
    Ohh, It is horrible how can SVC could do this , Fake enginve oil.



    There just one SVC in your city (Mumbai), You live in Mumbai, If i am not wrong...
    yeh that's true, but this one is near my place
    Nd I going to other parts of the city isnt feasible for me
    with my tight schedule And everythin

    but this news Hit me bad
    and if we talk about other SVC I don't trust SVC to hold my bike overnight

  6. #6
    Addicted ariendj's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Thiruvalla
    Posts
    98
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    actually i had similar experience.it wasn't fake oil but they were servicing the bike with used oil.
    due to this the ride was always rough after first few kms after a service.

    i suggest two things since you already are sure they are using fake oil

    -ask them to grant permission to allow you to be around when servicing
    -buy your own oil and make them change it for services.

    free or not,the consumables are always charged!

    i used the second method and always checked the oil right there before leaving the SVC.
    Our bikes can go from 0 - Stupid in less than "I wonder if this will be a good idea"

  7. #7
    Addicted
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Navi Mumbai
    Posts
    125
    Blog Entries
    1
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ariendj View Post
    actually i had similar experience.it wasn't fake oil but they were servicing the bike with used oil.
    due to this the ride was always rough after first few kms after a service.

    i suggest two things since you already are sure they are using fake oil

    -ask them to grant permission to allow you to be around when servicing
    -buy your own oil and make them change it for services.

    free or not,the consumables are always charged!

    i used the second method and always checked the oil right there before leaving the SVC.
    this is where they get you right .

    the basic criteria is only that when you claim for warranty on any issues they
    check your past service record for purchase of engine oil

    else they consider the warranty void

  8. #8
    Addicted
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Navi Mumbai
    Posts
    125
    Blog Entries
    1
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I did some searching on google and found several news article suggesting of many engine oils rackets running in the country

    Also i find the same issues, after just few hundred KM my bike goes Rough,
    its a new R15 V2, just 4 months old, already serviced 3 times, and after few days of servicing it gets rough feeling,

    another stupid philosophy they follow is, engine oil quality is dependent on time i.e. in 2 months engine oil goes bad, no matter even if you have done 0 KM on speedometer
    Last edited by abdulsheikh007; 08-06-2012 at 07:54 PM.

  9. #9
    Addicted ariendj's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Thiruvalla
    Posts
    98
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by abdulsheikh007 View Post
    this is where they get you right .

    the basic criteria is only that when you claim for warranty on any issues they
    check your past service record for purchase of engine oil

    else they consider the warranty void
    true that.
    i got away as i was friendly with some of them.
    you could go the first route i suggested,of demanding them to grant you the right to overlook their work.

    and about knowing if they are using a fake or original oil needs some prior knowledge !

    btw,did you check the oil texture and color using the oil dipstick!do report on that too.
    Last edited by ariendj; 08-06-2012 at 08:03 PM.
    Our bikes can go from 0 - Stupid in less than "I wonder if this will be a good idea"

  10. #10
    Addicted
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Navi Mumbai
    Posts
    125
    Blog Entries
    1
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ariendj View Post
    true that.
    i got away as i was friendly with some of them.
    you could go the first route i suggested,of demanding them to grant you the right to overlook their work.

    and about knowing if they are using a fake or original oil needs some prior knowledge !
    i am friendly with some too, that how i came to know about this acts,
    i also witness the oil change,
    but how can we be sure about the oil inside the bottle is real or fake,

    as per several Indian news articles, this is how the fake oil woks
    1) they buy old oil (they = some underground company)
    2) filter it/clean it
    3) add some new oil to it,
    4) repackage it
    5) sell to greedy/unethical Shops and SVC

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 43
    Last Post: 02-04-2011, 11:35 AM
  2. fz drinking engine oil and rough engine
    By undercoverzafar in forum Help Me!
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 09-05-2010, 07:03 PM
  3. Fake Kingston 32GB pen drive
    By rachitkohli in forum Coffee Lounge:Off Topic
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-24-2009, 04:04 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •