Since '02 xBhp is different things to different people. From a close knit national community of bikers to India's only motorcycling lifestyle magazine and a place to make like minded biker friends. Join the #16YearsOfxBhpCelebrations click here.

WE DESIGN ON

Lenovo ThinkPad
Magazine
Castrol Power 1

Tubeless tyres are better than tubed ones.

Our Partners

User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 22
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: pulsar 200 ns accelerate problem

  1. #11
    J K
    J K is offline
    Rusted J K's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Thrissur, Kerala
    Posts
    785
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by godzzzillla View Post
    hi guys....
    im new to this site.... got a pulsar 200 ns 3 days before.anna nagar,chennai.
    the bike was too good at the beginning. but today i noticed a problem.i was just going for a ride(small one though) and i noticed that my acceleration was getting weak(like when the fuel is nearing empty) but the fuel indicator showed 2 bars. so i stopped my bike and switched of the engine.i waited for some 30 seconds and started it again.it started ok.but when i started raising the throttle the engine turned off. i couldnt understand why.even tried using choke.same prob.switched it on again raised the throttle ,the engine switched off.then i slowly went to first gear,very slowly raised the throttle and then bingo,the bike started moving and everything was fine... i wanted to check again... did the same thing,turned off, turned on raised the throttle..but now everything was just fine...no problem or whatsoever.. i couldnt understand what happened at that time.... please help me..... is this a problem to be considered??
    Seems like your NS's AFR need to be checked. Check at Authorized service center.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    For a true motorcyclist, the straight portions of the roads exist just to take him from one turn to the next!
    USED IN PAST: Ct100, Victor, Xcd 135
    CURRENT: PULSAR 200 NS
    FUTURE
    : No plan
    DREAM BIKES
    : Ducati multistrada, Yamaha R6, KTM Super Duke

    Catch me on FACEBOOK

    http://www.facebook.com/jayakrishnan56

  2. #12
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Bangalore
    Posts
    1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Booked the vehicle 200NS on 19/10/12 and now after taking the delivery on 31/10/12 from Popular Bajaj showroom Banashankari 2nd stage bangalore and returning to home as it was raining.. the bike engine started to shutdown at regular intervals..firstly thought that it might be cold start as the weather was cold due to rain..and this continued..and after 4-5 such stops the choke also didnt start to work..my journey to home was 80% pushing the vehicle..as the vehicle would start go few meters and then stop and then starts after 10mins..people were like mocking as new bike from delivery and pushing on road..it was such a disappointment..at a point in an road intersection the engine shutdown and didnt start, the policeman there helped me push the vehicle aside as it caused traffic jam..so hopeless situation..
    Dont know what the problem is..is it the faulty engine..literally had to push my new vehicle drenching in rain to home as it didnt start at all when reached 1/2 km away from home..
    Is it the same case of faulty engine..is it a serious issue..please reply
    Last edited by Harish Vishvanath; 11-01-2012 at 05:33 PM.

  3. #13
    Rusted Shibadip's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Kolkata
    Posts
    1,241
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Harish Vishvanath View Post
    Booked the vehicle 200NS on 19/10/12 and now after taking the delivery on 31/10/12 from Popular Bajaj showroom Banashankari 2nd stage bangalore and returning to home as it was raining.. the bike engine started to shutdown at regular intervals..firstly thought that it might be cold start as the weather was cold due to rain..and this continued..and after 4-5 such stops the choke also didnt start to work..my journey to home was 80% pushing the vehicle..as the vehicle would start go few meters and then stop and then starts after 10mins..people were like mocking as new bike from delivery and pushing on road..it was such a disappointment..at a point in an road intersection the engine shutdown and didnt start, the policeman there helped me push the vehicle aside as it caused traffic jam..so hopeless situation..
    Dont know what the problem is..is it the faulty engine..literally had to push my new vehicle drenching in rain to home as it didnt start at all when reached 1/2 km away from home..
    Is it the same case of faulty engine..is it a serious issue..please reply
    I don't think it's a problem of Faulty engine.
    Rather i think the fuel line or the carburetor or Both might be clogged because of dirty fuel. Clean and check out the fuel lines along with the carb.
    hope it will solve the matter!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Relationships change, evolve, and it goes deep.
    Only thing I can say - "The storm is coming"

  4. #14
    Rusted myth2104's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Calcutta
    Posts
    337
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chaoseater View Post
    If two bars are left, please move it to reserve. Thats the reserve level in NS
    The bike hits the reserve level when there are NO bars on the console.

    This could be an afr issue or a cold start issue too. since you took out your bike for a small ride, I assume that you may have not gone too far when this problem occurred. Even my bike used to shut down when I used to try to throttle immediately after it started, but would work fine on slow gradual throttle. So you may want to check if its a cold start issue. Try using choke if it happens to be the problem.
    Last edited by myth2104; 11-01-2012 at 07:43 PM.


    Pulsar
    200NS Tri-Spark - The Alpha Male
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]




  5. #15
    Rusted
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Mumbai
    Posts
    644
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by myth2104 View Post
    The bike hits the reserve level when there are NO bars on the console.

    This could and afr issue or a cold start issue too. since you took out your bike for a small ride, I assume that you may have not gone too far when this problem occurred. Even my bike used to shut down when I used to try to throttle immediately after it started, but would work fine on slow gradual throttle. So you may want to check if its a cold start issue. Try using choke if it happens to be the problem.
    are you sure?
    my console sometimes shows 2 bars and soemtimes 3 bars

    when it shows 2 bars the reserve light glows...

    i know you can never trust the reserve light...

    when i got delivery of my bike it showed no bars and reserve light ON and i rode about 5 km and filled 4 litres of petrol...

    after 72 km it shows 2 bars and the reserve light....

    if it hits reserve at no bars all my mileage calcs are wrong....well just a rough calc and not reseree to reserve or tankfull to tank full

    any idea how much petrol the showroom guys give at delivery??

  6. #16
    Rusted myth2104's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Calcutta
    Posts
    337
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mayank.travadi View Post
    are you sure?
    my console sometimes shows 2 bars and soemtimes 3 bars

    when it shows 2 bars the reserve light glows...

    i know you can never trust the reserve light...

    when i got delivery of my bike it showed no bars and reserve light ON and i rode about 5 km and filled 4 litres of petrol...

    after 72 km it shows 2 bars and the reserve light....

    if it hits reserve at no bars all my mileage calcs are wrong....well just a rough calc and not reseree to reserve or tankfull to tank full

    any idea how much petrol the showroom guys give at delivery??
    Till date whenever my bike has hit reserve, I've never had any bar on the fuel gauge. Rather my bike hits reserve about 5-10kms after the bars disappear.
    Yes the reserve light when there are two bars. And sometimes if I switch off the console and restart it, the light goes off. Yes, never trust the light or the fuel gauge.

    The dealers don't give any fixed quantity of petrol, it may vary from .5 lts to 2 lts.
    I got .5 lts at the time of delivery.

    Till on what basis do you switch to reserve...console or the engine gasping?
    Next time try not switching to to reserve until your bike gasps/jerks for fuel.


    Pulsar
    200NS Tri-Spark - The Alpha Male
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]




  7. #17
    Rusted
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Mumbai
    Posts
    644
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    no no i have never turned to reserve yet..i am only at 83km and when i took my delivery the bike was about 11 or 12 km on odo(no fuel bars and the reserve light blinking and petrol knob on reserve)...i filled 4 litres and now its on 2 bars with reserve light blinking...

    my frnd had a 220 and his bike showed no petrol when there was about 4-5 litres of petrol has the reserve light showing...so i guess its the bajaj trademark of faulty reserve which we'll have to live with...

    i'll change to reserve only when the bike gasps for fuel....

    today i thought i hit reserve and there were 2 bars but then realized i forgot to turn the knob to "ON" :P

  8. #18
    Addicted Red_Redemption's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Pune
    Posts
    153
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by myth2104 View Post
    Till date whenever my bike has hit reserve, I've never had any bar on the fuel gauge. Rather my bike hits reserve about 5-10kms after the bars disappear.
    Yes the reserve light when there are two bars. And sometimes if I switch off the console and restart it, the light goes off. Yes, never trust the light or the fuel gauge.
    On my NS, the reserve light comes on at 3 bars and reserve is reached at 2 bars. It varies from bike to bike.
    We are so busy watching out for what\'s just ahead of us, that we don\'t take time to enjoy where we are ~ Bill Watterson

  9. #19
    Rusted myth2104's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Calcutta
    Posts
    337
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Red_Redemption View Post
    On my NS, the reserve light comes on at 3 bars and reserve is reached at 2 bars. It varies from bike to bike.
    You're the first owner I'v come across whose low fuel level indicator comes on at 3 bars! All others (whom i know) have it when two bars are left. But again...the digital fuel gauge is very mis-leading.
    Hari Rajan likes this.


    Pulsar
    200NS Tri-Spark - The Alpha Male
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]




  10. #20
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Delhi
    Posts
    10
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Pulsar 200 NS Acceleration problem

    Hi!

    I am having a very frustrating problem / issue with my NS.

    The bike is 60 days / 5400 kms and is due for servicing soon.

    Since the last 1500 kms or so, the engine has become very rough.... and the acceleration has also become very weak. It accelerates like a 100cc till about 7500 rpm, after which it gathers a bit of pace. Till about 3800-4000 kms, I was able to clock 148 kmph top on a daily basis, but since that time the acceleration has dropped, the bike takes ages to reach even 130 kmph. It also feels under powered, and is hardly accelerating in top gear. I took it to the service station but, they simply adjusted the ration and cleaned the air filter, with NO result / improvement. Instead, it has started to heat up too much, and knocks like crazy in 2nd and 3rd gear when it heats up with a further fall in acceleration.

    I have made no mods to the bike till now, and am using the Bajaj engine oil.

    Any suggestion guys about what could be the problem / issue...???

    Also, anybody here using FS oil from Castrol / Motul.
    Please share your feedback about the same.

    Cheers!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Castrol PowerPlay YouTube Takeover..... Accelerate to win
    By bikeridder in forum Coffee Lounge:Off Topic
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-04-2011, 06:02 PM
  2. New Free Games on YouTube ..... Accelerate to win
    By bikeridder in forum Coffee Lounge:Off Topic
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-06-2011, 12:22 PM
  3. Luxury motorbike sales accelerate in India
    By BiKeLovER in forum News
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-19-2011, 02:10 AM
  4. Problem in Pulsar 220 Dts-i
    By Ming in forum Help Me!
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-28-2010, 09:02 AM
  5. Pulsar 220 DTS-Fi problem!
    By rics in forum Help Me!
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-05-2010, 05:26 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •