Since '02 xBhp is different things to different people. From a close knit national community of bikers to India's only motorcycling lifestyle magazine and a place to make like-minded biker friends. Join us

WE DESIGN ON

Lenovo ThinkPad
Magazine
Castrol Power 1

Fatigue, sleepiness, & alcohol are the same.

Our Partners

User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 23
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Pulsar 150 gear slip problem

  1. #1
    Addicted krishnashk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Bangalore
    Posts
    132
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Thumbs down Pulsar 150 gear slip problem

    Hi everyone,i am new to xbhp and this is my first post.
    I own a pulsar 150 2011 model and have been facing gear slip problem ever since i bought this bike.
    I have heard that all pulsar have this problem .

    Is there any way this issue can be fixed or reduced?
    Please let me know if i have broken any forum rules!

  2. #2
    Moderator antz.bin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Nasik / Pune
    Posts
    5,292
    Blog Entries
    4
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Thread Approved
    krishnashk likes this.
    Advice is a form of nostalgia.
    Dispensing it is a way of fishing the past from the disposal, wiping it off, painting over the ugly parts and recycling it for more than it's worth.

    Antz Travelz!! | South India Exploration Ride | Leh Triplog (Work in progress)

  3. #3
    Rusted krish2778's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Bangalore, KA/Trichur, Kerala
    Posts
    3,719
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

    Default

    Hai krishna,
    do tell us how much kms has the bike done and how long was it before the last oil change ?
    Yes, Pulsars do have gear slippage problems, that can be rectified by using better quality oil. Usually when the bike's engine oil starts losing it's properties the gear shifts become hard and gear starts to slip , that's an indicator telling you it's time to change the oil.

    So i guess, a simple oil change would solve this problem for you.
    I would recommend Motul 5100 20w50 SS for using in your bike, reduces the gear slippage problem to bare minimum.
    Maintain a oil drain interval of 3-4k kms for this oil,

    Cheers
    Ride Safe
    Krishna
    Quote Originally Posted by krishnashk View Post
    Hi everyone,i am new to xbhp and this is my first post.
    I own a pulsar 150 2011 model and have been facing gear slip problem ever since i bought this bike.
    I have heard that all pulsar have this problem .

    Is there any way this issue can be fixed or reduced?
    Please let me know if i have broken any forum rules!
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    Run-in Procedure | Power Loss Solutions | Riding Gears 101 | Biking Brotherhood

    P
    ulsar 220F
    |2013 Honda CBR250R|KTM Duke390|Yamaha R3|Yamaha R1|Triumph Tiger XRX

  4. #4
    Rusted Bibhu's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Cuttack
    Posts
    1,900
    Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by krishnashk View Post
    Hi everyone,i am new to xbhp and this is my first post.
    I own a pulsar 150 2011 model and have been facing gear slip problem ever since i bought this bike.
    I have heard that all pulsar have this problem .

    Is there any way this issue can be fixed or reduced?
    Please let me know if i have broken any forum rules!

    What exactly do you mean by gears slipping?
    HYPERTHRUST CLEARED AND COUNTING
    5.....4.....3....2.....1

    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  5. #5
    Addicted Ash_win's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Ernakulam/Cochin
    Posts
    108
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bibhu View Post
    What exactly do you mean by gears slipping?
    Yeah! even i would like to know what exactly that is. Please explain
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Ride Safe..

  6. #6
    Rusted krish2778's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Bangalore, KA/Trichur, Kerala
    Posts
    3,719
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

    Default

    Gearslipping is a condition in which, when you perform a proper upshift, the gear engages and picks speed as it should do, but after a split second the gear automatically 'slips' back to the previous cog, thus causing a jerk and rpm spike, this can be very dangerous especially hen your building up through revs and gears in a fast pace.

    Mainly it is seen as a sign of the engine oil gone bad.

    Cheers
    Ride Safe
    Krishna
    Quote Originally Posted by Bibhu View Post
    What exactly do you mean by gears slipping?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ash_win View Post
    Yeah! even i would like to know what exactly that is. Please explain
    krishnashk likes this.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    Run-in Procedure | Power Loss Solutions | Riding Gears 101 | Biking Brotherhood

    P
    ulsar 220F
    |2013 Honda CBR250R|KTM Duke390|Yamaha R3|Yamaha R1|Triumph Tiger XRX

  7. #7
    Rusted muztariq's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    New Delhi_Hyderabad
    Posts
    1,246
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Krishh has asked the same ques which I would like to ask before trying to troubleshoot..

    do tell us how much kms has the bike done and how long was it before the last oil change ?


    Also, which engine oil are you using and when did you do the last service and were the clutch plates touched sometime?

  8. #8
    Rusted Bibhu's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Cuttack
    Posts
    1,900
    Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by krish2778 View Post
    Gearslipping is a condition in which, when you perform a proper upshift, the gear engages and picks speed as it should do, but after a split second the gear automatically 'slips' back to the previous cog, thus causing a jerk and rpm spike, this can be very dangerous especially hen your building up through revs and gears in a fast pace.

    Mainly it is seen as a sign of the engine oil gone bad.

    Cheers
    Ride Safe
    Krishna
    Thank you for explaining.

    This particular problem may be caused by a faulty shift shaft or a faulty gear selector also.
    Ash_win likes this.
    HYPERTHRUST CLEARED AND COUNTING
    5.....4.....3....2.....1

    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  9. #9
    Rusted krish2778's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Bangalore, KA/Trichur, Kerala
    Posts
    3,719
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

    Default

    Yes, you are right, but since this is one of the most common issue in the pulsar range, i'm under this assumption, that a change of oil might sort this issue out fro our friend here..

    Cheers Mate
    Ride Safe
    Krishna
    Quote Originally Posted by Bibhu View Post
    Thank you for explaining.

    This particular problem may be caused by a faulty shift shaft or a faulty gear selector also.
    krishnashk likes this.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    Run-in Procedure | Power Loss Solutions | Riding Gears 101 | Biking Brotherhood

    P
    ulsar 220F
    |2013 Honda CBR250R|KTM Duke390|Yamaha R3|Yamaha R1|Triumph Tiger XRX

  10. #10
    Rusted Bibhu's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Cuttack
    Posts
    1,900
    Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by krish2778 View Post
    Yes, you are right, but since this is one of the most common issue in the pulsar range, i'm under this assumption, that a change of oil might sort this issue out fro our friend here..

    Cheers Mate
    Ride Safe
    Krishna
    Fingers crossed.
    HYPERTHRUST CLEARED AND COUNTING
    5.....4.....3....2.....1

    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Bajaj Pulsar 150 (2004) model, major gear problem
    By abhaysingh in forum Help Me!
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 03-05-2011, 06:54 PM
  2. My R6 Modded : Akrapovic Carbon Fiber Slip On
    By Carlitos in forum Superbike And Imports
    Replies: 87
    Last Post: 03-02-2011, 12:45 PM
  3. [Help]: Gear Shift Problem : FZ-16
    By mostwanted_racer in forum Help Me!
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 01-08-2010, 01:17 PM
  4. Shifting Gear Problem
    By sanjukoli12 in forum Help Me!
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 11-25-2009, 04:57 AM
  5. Pulsar 180 gear problem, doesnt shift
    By thomas_t in forum Help Me!
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 11-19-2009, 08:31 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •