Since '02 xBhp is different things to different people. From a close knit national community of bikers to India's only motorcycling lifestyle magazine and a place to make like minded biker friends. Join the #16YearsOfxBhpCelebrations click here.

WE DESIGN ON

Lenovo ThinkPad
Magazine
Castrol Power 1

Careful with that leaking water tanker ahead.

Our Partners

User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 25
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Issues with Bajaj Avenger 200

  1. #11
    Rusted
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    MH-03, Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
    Posts
    285
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by whymail View Post
    Yes sir... 5 yrs 8 months since the day of purchase and clocked 6.8L on the odo right now. (Have a daily running of abt 83kms home to work n back, lol...) Wanted to get leh'd this year but don't think she will take it anymore. Have been having piston block, sprocket & related issues. Ive been a lame lazy ass in a dilemma of whether I should get that replaced or simply replace the bike itself. The cost of the repairs just might well be 25% of the price she will fetch, if I were to sell her off.
    Bid her a bye dude, my caliber 115 clocked 1.3L when she gave up, pistons gone, connecting rod noise, sprockets changed thrice, repairs were not worth, so sold off (i never wanted to, i wanted to keep her, even in non working condition) and in came a honda stunner.
    She fetched only 9k due to the kilometres covered.
    So, in all, a bajaj which is more than 2L kms, then i guess its time for a new ride for you.
    Last edited by viks; 04-15-2013 at 12:13 AM.

  2. #12
    Rusted whymail's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Thane
    Posts
    937
    Mentioned
    246 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by viks View Post
    Bid her a bye dude, my caliber 115 clocked 1.3L when she gave up, pistons gone, connecting rod noise, sprockets changed thrice, repairs were not worth, so sold off (i never wanted to, i wanted to keep her, even in non working condition) and in came a honda stunner.
    She fetched only 9k due to the kilometres covered.
    i know the feeling :-/

    i had a splendor earlier - meticulously maintained, for 11 yrs [yes... eleven...] & rode her thru the length & breadth of our country... again about sub 8L kms on it - had purchased it for 47K & sold her off after 11 yrs for 15K - not a bad deal :-)
    she was truly a fill it - shut it - forget it types.

    somehow cant say the same for bajaj's...
    avenger, despite being a trusted companion, has not been a ride that has put a grin on my face every time i crank it.

    its like no matter how deeply u love her, how meticulously well u maintain her, no matter what.., there's this something unexplained about her, that's just not right.

    @ times its the sprocket or its the grossly under-powered [intentionally detuned by bajaj] engine or its the scary character of her, if u throw her in a fast corner or the ability of its rear to swing around & come towards the front... it somehow just doesnt inspire the same level of confidence that even a pulsar or a unicorn might.

    i purchased her for 78K back then... had visited ProBiking to enquire about Duke390 & Ninja650 last week.

    out of sheer curiosity, asked that guy how much wud my avenger fetch & he said, w/ that kinda numbers on the odo, i willl be lucky to get even 12K for her :'(
    Last edited by whymail; 04-15-2013 at 12:26 AM.
    ◦ ● 4-wheels move the body... 2-wheels move the soul ● ◦

  3. #13
    Rusted
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    MH-03, Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
    Posts
    285
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by whymail View Post
    i know the feeling :-/

    i had a splendor earlier - meticulously maintained, for 11 yrs [yes... eleven...] & rode her thru the length & breadth of our country... again about sub 8L kms on it - had purchased it for 47K & sold her off after 11 yrs for 15K - not a bad deal :-)
    she was truly a fill it - shut it - forget it types.

    somehow cant say the same for bajaj's...
    avenger, despite being a trusted companion, has not been a ride that has put a grin on my face every time i crank it.

    its like no matter how deeply u love her, how meticulously well u maintain her, no matter what.., there's this something unexplained about her, that's just not right.

    @ times its the sprocket or its the grossly under-powered [intentionally detuned by bajaj] engine or its the scary character of her, if u throw her in a fast corner or the ability of its rear to swing around & come towards the front... it somehow just doesnt inspire the same level of confidence that even a pulsar or a unicorn might.

    i purchased her for 78K back then... had visited ProBiking to enquire about Duke390 & Ninja650 last week.

    out of sheer curiosity, asked that guy how much wud my avenger fetch & he said, w/ that kinda numbers on the odo, i willl be lucky to get even 12K for her :'(
    Yup, when my caliber was sold, i was literally struggling to stop my tears, i still have her spar key with me , great emotions, well you know that the speedo can be tampered right, you should have got the figures changed on the speedo before going to probiking showroom, moral of the story, they cheat us, we cheat them.
    And if you buying ninja 650, i have got to meet you . i guess it will cost around 5.3L (as the showroom guy 'rohan' told me)

  4. #14
    Addicted metaphoric.el's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Bangalore
    Posts
    127
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by whymail View Post
    i know the feeling :-/

    i had a splendor earlier - meticulously maintained, for 11 yrs [yes... eleven...] & rode her thru the length & breadth of our country... again about sub 8L kms on it - had purchased it for 47K & sold her off after 11 yrs for 15K - not a bad deal :-)
    she was truly a fill it - shut it - forget it types.

    somehow cant say the same for bajaj's...
    avenger, despite being a trusted companion, has not been a ride that has put a grin on my face every time i crank it.

    its like no matter how deeply u love her, how meticulously well u maintain her, no matter what.., there's this something unexplained about her, that's just not right.

    @ times its the sprocket or its the grossly under-powered [intentionally detuned by bajaj] engine or its the scary character of her, if u throw her in a fast corner or the ability of its rear to swing around & come towards the front... it somehow just doesnt inspire the same level of confidence that even a pulsar or a unicorn might.

    i purchased her for 78K back then... had visited ProBiking to enquire about Duke390 & Ninja650 last week.

    out of sheer curiosity, asked that guy how much wud my avenger fetch & he said, w/ that kinda numbers on the odo, i willl be lucky to get even 12K for her :'(


    My holy goodness !! 7L Kms ? You are the "Pro" Man !!
    *Sigh* Now by reading all your comments, you are making me feel like why did I get an Avenger ! :'(

    Hopefully it would serve me well, for the 1000kms (two way) tour which i would be doing next month.
    I would probably use it for a year or two, and get something else (thats why, I got a second hand)

    Anyways, would you have an idea as to why would Bajaj detune the Avenger to such an extent?
    Last edited by metaphoric.el; 04-15-2013 at 04:05 AM.

  5. #15
    Addicted metaphoric.el's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Bangalore
    Posts
    127
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by whymail View Post
    i compliment you for the thoughts u have thus far.
    i hope that the same remain after about 5 years & clocking 7L kms on it! :-)
    cheers
    Hopefully, i will sell it off / gift it to one of my cousins before I stop feeling this way.

  6. #16
    Rusted
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    MH-03, Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
    Posts
    285
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by metaphoric.el View Post
    My holy goodness !! 7L Kms ? You are the "Pro" Man !!
    *Sigh* Now by reading all your comments, you are making me feel like why did I get an Avenger ! :'(
    dude, no matter what bike you have, if you spend time with her, understand her, then you will surely fall in love with her and you will simply enjoy that feeling. And then you will say to her "its ok my love, nobody is perfect, even in bikes"
    and thats true love.

  7. #17
    Rusted whymail's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Thane
    Posts
    937
    Mentioned
    246 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by viks View Post
    And if you buying ninja 650, i have got to meet you . i guess it will cost around 5.3L (as the showroom guy 'rohan' told me)
    Yeah. Am planning to invest in a Ninja 650
    I was told by ProBiking sales rep that:
    INR. 5.47L is the cost.
    INR. 40K was the booking amount.
    Waiting period = 100 ~ 120 days [WTF!!!]
    Decided to book it in early phases of July, so its delivered by late September, after the monsoon subsides.

    Quote Originally Posted by metaphoric.el View Post
    My holy goodness !! 7L Kms ? You are the "Pro" Man !!
    *Sigh* Now by reading all your comments, you are making me feel like why did I get an Avenger ! :'(

    Hopefully it would serve me well, for the 1000kms (two way) tour which i would be doing next month.
    I would probably use it for a year or two, and get something else (thats why, I got a second hand)

    Anyways, would you have an idea as to why would Bajaj detune the Avenger to such an extent?

    Hopefully, i will sell it off / gift it to one of my cousins before I stop feeling this way.
    I consider myself more of a daily commuter with twice a month weekend outstation riding, rather than a pro-biker. I seldom ever cross 70kmph as the bike becomes real hairy beyond that.
    I get my ride serviced every 120 days, no matter what - whether i've ridden it or whether its parked. If i've been on her for a long ride, i drop her off @ service immediately once i am back in town.
    I guess Bajaj has detuned it intentionally so it doesnt bite in to the Pulsar's domain of function - else its the exact same engine on these 2 bikes.
    Also, its sheer weight acts against its dynamics & agility - but thats a set-off u got to live with for what it is.
    Mind u, Avenger is by no means a BAD choice... I dont mean that... all I mean is, there are other better more sensible choices available :-)

    Quote Originally Posted by viks View Post
    dude, no matter what bike you have, if you spend time with her, understand her, then you will surely fall in love with her and you will simply enjoy that feeling. And then you will say to her "its ok my love, nobody is perfect, even in bikes"
    and thats true love.
    True that. Its a relation hard to define but very easy to comprehend.
    Out on the open road & in the wilderness, while there is nobody u know around u, there is only 1 thing u trust with ur life & ur instincts... thats ur ride.
    U love & respect ur ride & the ride will love & respect u back! :-)
    ◦ ● 4-wheels move the body... 2-wheels move the soul ● ◦

  8. #18
    Rusted
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    MH-03, Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
    Posts
    285
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by whymail View Post
    Yeah. Am planning to invest in a Ninja 650
    I was told by ProBiking sales rep that:
    INR. 5.47L is the cost.
    INR. 40K was the booking amount.
    Waiting period = 100 ~ 120 days [WTF!!!]
    Decided to book it in early phases of July, so its delivered by late September, after the monsoon subsides.
    Dude, where did you enquire this, i mean which probiking showroom?
    Cuz i was given a different info from bhandup probiking showroom.

  9. #19
    Rusted whymail's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Thane
    Posts
    937
    Mentioned
    246 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by viks View Post
    Dude, where did you enquire this, i mean which probiking showroom?
    Cuz i was given a different info from bhandup probiking showroom.
    Shop No:1/2/3, A Wing, Gundecha Height,
    Opposite St Xaviers School,
    L B S Marg,
    Kanjurmarg West, Mumbai - 400078
    Tel: (022) 65972955, 65972956, 65972957, 65972958
    ◦ ● 4-wheels move the body... 2-wheels move the soul ● ◦

  10. #20
    Rusted
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    MH-03, Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
    Posts
    285
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by whymail View Post
    Shop No:1/2/3, A Wing, Gundecha Height,
    Opposite St Xaviers School,
    L B S Marg,
    Kanjurmarg West, Mumbai - 400078
    Tel: (022) 65972955, 65972956, 65972957, 65972958
    A girl from the same showroom named vijaya said that, though we say the waiting is for 90 days, but in 95% cases, the delivery is made in 60-65 days.
    As when i had enquired for ninja 300 for a friend this gone monday, they said the waiting period is 45 days, but when i insisted that i want it as soon as possible, the fat guy with ugly specs named rohan said that you can get the delivery on 28-30th april.
    So thats just 20 days i guess.
    Oh i wish if i could buy that 300cc monster in white, but money constraints, would anyone like to contribute?
    Last edited by viks; 04-15-2013 at 05:49 PM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. [Ownership Thread]: Bajaj Avenger - All versions
    By hellraiSEr in forum Motorcycle Ownership Experiences
    Replies: 1701
    Last Post: 1 Day Ago, 01:42 PM
  2. [Help]: Bajaj Avenger 130/90 vs 140/90
    By excalibur72 in forum Help Me!
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 06-15-2019, 11:56 PM
  3. to take Yamaha Fazer or Bajaj avenger
    By ajendra.nis in forum What Bike?
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 11-29-2011, 01:45 AM
  4. Bajaj Avenger 220 Exclusive Website...
    By romeoinvisible5 in forum News
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-17-2010, 11:48 PM
  5. Bajaj P220 or Avenger?
    By jayanth_b_p in forum What Bike?
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 03-03-2010, 12:50 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •