Since '02 xBhp is different things to different people. From a close knit national community of bikers to India's only motorcycling lifestyle magazine and a place to make like-minded biker friends. Join us

WE DESIGN ON

Lenovo ThinkPad
Castrol Power 1

Careful with that leaking water tanker ahead.

Our Partners

User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 22
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Digital speedometer, upjetting, and filter for Honda Dio

  1. #11
    Rookie aniruddha9010's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    Pune
    Posts
    18
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Digital speedometer, upjetting, and filter for Honda Dio

    Quote Originally Posted by coolharsh91 View Post
    Nice ride!
    I understand you wanna experiment and get more performance out of your scooter, but believe me you won't get much increase in performance considering the cost and resources you are going to put into it.
    I am not trying to demotivate you here, but you should keep in mind that it is a scooter after all!
    Yeah I'm not gonna spend more than 10k in a scooter. I'm getting a UNI air filter for 1400₹, spark plug for 900₹, spark plug cable for 350₹ and fitting and upjetting for around 300-400₹ max. So I'm willing to spend around 3k right now. If I get a racing CDI, I'll get it for around 1500₹ and fitting 100₹ so i dont think I'll spend ALOT on it.
    Drop a gear and disappear ;)

  2. #12
    Rookie aniruddha9010's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    Pune
    Posts
    18
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Digital speedometer, upjetting, and filter for Honda Dio

    Quote Originally Posted by sman999 View Post
    I too own a Dio. It is not justifiable to modify it for more performance considering the ride quality of the Dio. My suggestion is if you want to upgrade performance, try changing the front spring load suspension to forks and a racing throttle first. Altering the CDI makes it difficult and it leads to a very poor mileage. Cosmetic upgrades are fine but again when it comes to Digital speedo the wiring is a big factor. If its not done properly then its a total mess, you will also have to change it to DC. Analog RPM meter can be done if you can find a place to fix it cleanly.

    I always thought of getting better wheels like the Tvs scooters, a 12" rim. But i wont fit the Dio. I tried.

    Anyway all the best! Keep us posted.
    Can you please give me links for racing throttle for dio? Sorry I'm a newbie in this modding stuff
    Drop a gear and disappear ;)

  3. #13
    Moderator Divya Sharan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Bangalore/Bokaro
    Posts
    8,541
    Mentioned
    824 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Digital speedometer, upjetting, and filter for Honda Dio

    Quote Originally Posted by aniruddha9010 View Post
    I'm getting a UNI air filter for 1400₹
    Will screw the engine!

    spark plug for 900₹, spark plug cable for 350₹
    Utter waste of money.

    and fitting and upjetting for around 300-400₹ max
    if it all goes as planned, I'll go for free flow exhaust and sprockets.
    And what exactly will you up jet? Also, in your opening post; you mentioned sprocket mods. How exactly would that be achieved on a scoot?

    So I'm willing to spend around 3k right now. If I get a racing CDI, I'll get it for around 1500₹ and fitting 100₹ so i dont think I'll spend A LOT on it.
    So you want to spend up to 10k (at max) and gain what? Maybe 3-4% on performance. What benefit would you see on the road?
    I wish I could reply when I approved your post, but fellow members have given very matured replies already.

  4. #14
    Rusted Bibhu's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Cuttack
    Posts
    1,900
    Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Digital speedometer, upjetting, and filter for Honda Dio

    Take the 10k. Go to a professional gratifier. Get your mind blown in the night. Become a man. Then maybe you will understand the idiocy of your post.

    Sent from my XT1033 using xBhp Connect mobile app
    HYPERTHRUST CLEARED AND COUNTING
    5.....4.....3....2.....1

    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  5. #15
    Rookie aniruddha9010's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    Pune
    Posts
    18
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Digital speedometer, upjetting, and filter for Honda Dio

    Quote Originally Posted by Divya Sharan View Post
    Will screw the engine!
    I think engine gets damaged when people install filters and air flow increases in air mixture resulting in heated engines with lean fuel mixture. By upjetting the pilot jet and main jet, it can be balanced at the cost of 3-5km/l average. And I'm personally ok with it.






    Quote Originally Posted by Divya Sharan View Post
    and what exactly will you up jet? Also, in your opening post; you mentioned sprocket mods. How exactly would that be achieved on a scoot?
    I not planing any major engineering modifications like sprockets right now. It was just a thought. That's why I'm asking for suggestions. And as I said earlier, I'll upjet the carburetor. (either main jet or both pilot jet and main jet.)


    Quote Originally Posted by Divya Sharan View Post
    so you want to spend up to 10k (at max) and gain what? Maybe 3-4% on performance. What benefit would you see on the road?
    I wish I could reply when I approved your post, but fellow members have given very matured replies already.
    I dont think that it'll make only 3-4%. And nevertheless modding has become my hobby nowadays I'm also gonna mod my upcoming Polo TDI
    Last edited by aniruddha9010; 11-24-2015 at 06:23 PM.
    Drop a gear and disappear ;)

  6. #16
    Rookie aniruddha9010's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    Pune
    Posts
    18
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Digital speedometer, upjetting, and filter for Honda Dio

    Quote Originally Posted by Bibhu View Post
    Take the 10k. Go to a professional gratifier. Get your mind blown in the night. Become a man. Then maybe you will understand the idiocy of your post.

    Sent from my XT1033 using xBhp Connect mobile app
    I've seen many modified DIOs on road as well as on net. And I'm not planning something very big or something out of the world. Changing the filter and spark plugs is pretty common. And other mods are just planned, I'll decide it after changing the filter and spark plugs.

    And I know guys who have modded their dio with big bore, with big pistons, 24mm carburetor, cdi, filter, inlet, outlet modifications including free flow exhaust, Kevlar enforced belt, bigger wheels, disk break . (with almost every part imported). Compared to this,im not at all doing anything. I just want a slight performance edge over other scooters in the market.
    Last edited by aniruddha9010; 11-24-2015 at 06:18 PM.
    Drop a gear and disappear ;)

  7. #17
    Moderator Divya Sharan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Bangalore/Bokaro
    Posts
    8,541
    Mentioned
    824 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Digital speedometer, upjetting, and filter for Honda Dio

    Quote Originally Posted by aniruddha9010 View Post
    I think engine gets damaged when people install filters and air flow increases in air mixture resulting in heated engines with lean fuel mixture. By upjetting the pilot jet and main jet, it can be balanced at the cost of 3-5km/l average. And I'm personally ok with it.

    UNI/K&N have bigger pores that allow more dust inside the engine. Upjetting and stuff comes later. Nothing beats paper filters at filtration. The only downside is they're highly restrictive.

    I not planing any major engineering modifications like sprockets right now. It was just a thought. That's why I'm asking for suggestions. And as I said earlier, I'll upjet the carburetor. (either main jet or both pilot jet and main jet.)

    Sir, there are no sprockets to mod, in the first place! Its a direct connection with the crank as far as I know.

    I dont think that it'll make only 3-4%. And nevertheless modding has become my hobby nowadays I'm also gonna mod my upcoming Polo TDI

    So you think modifying a turbo diesel is anyway similar to modifying a puny petrol scoot, then you've made yourself very clear! All the best for blowing up money and trust me, you won't gain a single HP and you'd have a bust engine in 15-20k kms with all the mods planned.
    Replied inline in bold.

  8. #18
    Rookie aniruddha9010's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    Pune
    Posts
    18
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Digital speedometer, upjetting, and filter for Honda Dio

    Quote Originally Posted by Divya Sharan View Post
    Replied inline in bold.
    Okay, I'll reconsider it.
    But anyways,pls tell that installing a filter inside the air box without removing the air box won't have a bad effect on engine right? And what about iridium spark plug? It'll also won't do anything bad right? I'll cancel all other plans for now. Just filter and spark plug.
    Drop a gear and disappear ;)

  9. #19
    Moderator Divya Sharan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Bangalore/Bokaro
    Posts
    8,541
    Mentioned
    824 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Digital speedometer, upjetting, and filter for Honda Dio

    Quote Originally Posted by aniruddha9010 View Post
    Okay, I'll reconsider it.
    But anyways,pls tell that installing a filter inside the air box without removing the air box won't have a bad effect on engine right? And what about iridium spark plug? It'll also won't do anything bad right? I'll cancel all other plans for now. Just filter and spark plug.
    See, fact is that aftermarket filters let in more air into the engine. They have bigger pores. So, while putting it inside the box would definitely provide cleaner air than an open filter, it would still allow dust inside. Thus, it would affect long term reliability.
    Regarding the iridium plug, it won't cause any harm. It'd in fact increase the plug change intervals too. But the cost involved (700 odd) doesn't justify the performance it brings to the table. It creates a minute difference in case of bigger bikes where even an increase of 2% means an increment of 2-3 hp. Coupled with all other mods you had originally planned, people see an increment of 10-15 hp, which is roughly up to 10%.
    Last edited by Divya Sharan; 11-24-2015 at 09:57 PM.

  10. #20
    Rookie aniruddha9010's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    Pune
    Posts
    18
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Digital speedometer, upjetting, and filter for Honda Dio

    Quote Originally Posted by Divya Sharan View Post
    See, that fact is that aftermarket filters let in more air into the engine. They have bigger pores. So, while putting it inside the box would definitely provide cleaner air than an open filter, it would still allow dust inside. Thus, it would affect long term reliability.
    Regarding the iridium plug, it won't cause any harm. It'd in fact increase the plug change intervals too. But the cost involved (700 odd) doesn't justify the performance it brings to the table. It creates a minute difference in case of bigger bikes where even an increase of 2% means an increment of 2-3 hp. Coupled with all other mods you had originally planned, people see an increment of 10-15 hp, which is roughly up to 10%.
    Okay, I'll keep that in mind. And anyhow it's time to change the stock spark plug anyway and I'm having cold start problem these days because of LED HID. And I'm getting one at 650₹. Thanks anyways.
    Drop a gear and disappear ;)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 37
    Last Post: 03-20-2014, 07:21 AM
  2. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 05-23-2012, 11:37 AM
  3. Replies: 8
    Last Post: 10-12-2011, 09:03 PM
  4. HELP: Digital Speedometer on a P180 Classic
    By punittripathi in forum General Biking Discussion
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-30-2009, 10:34 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •