Since '02 xBhp is different things to different people. From a close knit national community of bikers to India's only motorcycling lifestyle magazine and a place to make like minded biker friends. We have one common religion - Bikeism.

T-shirt
Magazine
Castrol Power 1

Practice slow-speed riding.

Our Partners



User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: USB charging in Pulsar 200ns

  1. #1
    Rookie Aditya sharma516's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Bengaluru
    Posts
    12
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Smile USB charging in Pulsar 200ns

    HI,
    Can someone please explain how to connect USB charger to Pulsar 200ns IGNITION SWITCH?
    I have esmart ACCUCHARGER for bike, bought from Amazon.
    Thank you.

  2. #2
    Moderator Samarth 619's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Rajasthan
    Posts
    4,575
    Blog Entries
    4
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Thumbs up Re: USB charging in Pulsar 200ns

    Topic Approved. Moved from News to Help Section.

    Welcome to Xbhp brother. Please take time to identify the sections in Xbhp and post accordingly... Check this link to see all sections: www.xbhp.com/talkies/

    Well, you have to attach it to any terminal that passes direct current from the battery, but only after ignition turns on (key is switched to on). Which means it must be around the ignition/ console itself. A P200 NS owner will be able to pinpoint where it is, preferably by a picture... @princesirohi

    Since it says 12 to 20 volts DC as input, you can use it directly on the battery too, but keep it connected via an On/Off switch so that it doesn't drain the battery all the time... Even if you don't charge a phone, it WILL DRAIN THE BATTERY. So, it should be off when not in use, ok?
    And, remember, you have to get the +, - poles right, since it mentions DC as input. Refer to the box/ user manual for more info on this.


    Please note: I have not used the charger myself, I'm just joining facts from what I see here:- Smart E Accucharger Usb Bike Charger: Amazon.in: Car & Motorbike
    Last edited by Samarth 619; 03-12-2016 at 04:48 PM.

  3. #3
    Rusted Bibhu's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Cuttack
    Posts
    1,885
    Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: USB charging in Pulsar 200ns

    Quote Originally Posted by Aditya sharma516 View Post
    HI,
    Can someone please explain how to connect USB charger to Pulsar 200ns IGNITION SWITCH?
    I have esmart ACCUCHARGER for bike, bought from Amazon.
    Thank you.
    Connect the red wire to the rear brake switch's positive line and earth the black earthing wire to the chassis somewhere, by stripping the paint.

    Sent from my XT1033 using xBhp Connect mobile app
    HYPERTHRUST CLEARED AND COUNTING
    5.....4.....3....2.....1

    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  4. #4
    Rookie Aditya sharma516's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Bengaluru
    Posts
    12
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: USB charging in Pulsar 200ns

    Quote Originally Posted by Bibhu View Post
    Connect the red wire to the rear brake switch's positive line and earth the black earthing wire to the chassis somewhere, by stripping the paint.

    Sent from my XT1033 using xBhp Connect mobile app
    If i do that, the charger will only work when I ve the lights on right?
    I want the charger to work when I turn the key to ignition and even after the engine starts running.
    Thank you .

  5. #5
    Rookie Aditya sharma516's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Bengaluru
    Posts
    12
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: USB charging in Pulsar 200ns

    Quote Originally Posted by Samarth 619 View Post
    Topic Approved. Moved from News to Help Section.

    Welcome to Xbhp brother. Please take time to identify the sections in Xbhp and post accordingly... Check this link to see all sections: www.xbhp.com/talkies/

    Well, you have to attach it to any terminal that passes direct current from the battery, but only after ignition turns on (key is switched to on). Which means it must be around the ignition/ console itself. A P200 NS owner will be able to pinpoint where it is, preferably by a picture... @princesirohi

    Since it says 12 to 20 volts DC as input, you can use it directly on the battery too, but keep it connected via an On/Off switch so that it doesn't drain the battery all the time... Even if you don't charge a phone, it WILL DRAIN THE BATTERY. So, it should be off when not in use, ok?
    And, remember, you have to get the +, - poles right, since it mentions DC as input. Refer to the box/ user manual for more info on this.


    Please note: I have not used the charger myself, I'm just joining facts from what I see here:- Smart E Accucharger Usb Bike Charger: Amazon.in: Car & Motorbike
    Thank you for the info.
    Can u please find out more about how to install it to the ignition switch? I have been trying a lot and I don't want to connect it to the battery directly.

  6. #6
    Rusted Bibhu's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Cuttack
    Posts
    1,885
    Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: USB charging in Pulsar 200ns

    Quote Originally Posted by Aditya sharma516 View Post
    If i do that, the charger will only work when I ve the lights on right?
    I want the charger to work when I turn the key to ignition and even after the engine starts running.
    Thank you .
    No. The charger will work whenever the key is turned on. In a brake switch the negative or earthing point acts as the switch. The positive wire stays charged untill the key is on. It is safer to connect it to the brake switch because if, god forbid, shorting happens it would be easier to work on.

    Sent from my XT1033 using xBhp Connect mobile app
    HYPERTHRUST CLEARED AND COUNTING
    5.....4.....3....2.....1

    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  7. #7
    Addicted Aurobindo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Pune
    Posts
    134
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: USB charging in Pulsar 200ns

    I did the connection a day back on my NS. The guy who did it was a expert on wiring and electrical. Hardly took him 15 min to set it up. He didn't connect it to battery directly, he connected it to the wires with ignition. Once the key is turned on the charger gets active

    .

    royal racer likes this.
    Love ur Ride and keep it maintained, its what brings u safely back to home

  8. #8
    Rookie Aditya sharma516's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Bengaluru
    Posts
    12
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: USB charging in Pulsar 200ns

    Quote Originally Posted by Aurobindo View Post
    I did the connection a day back on my NS. The guy who did it was a expert on wiring and electrical. Hardly took him 15 min to set it up. He didn't connect it to battery directly, he connected it to the wires with ignition. Once the key is turned on the charger gets active

    .

    Can u please post an image of that connection?

  9. #9
    Addicted royal racer's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Ghaziabad, Noida
    Posts
    203
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: USB charging in Pulsar 200ns

    Connect with parking light wire.. It will work like on/off button.

  10. #10
    Rookie veeresh_07's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    bengaluru
    Posts
    3
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: USB charging in Pulsar 200ns

    Quote Originally Posted by royal racer View Post
    Connect with parking light wire.. It will work like on/off button.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aditya sharma516 View Post
    HI,
    Can someone please explain how to connect USB charger to Pulsar 200ns IGNITION SWITCH?
    I have esmart ACCUCHARGER for bike, bought from Amazon.
    Thank you.
    Hi guys, I wanted to buy Accucharger for my fz16. Can u please tell me wheater it fits to the bike or not. And please explain me how to install it. Thank you in advance.
    I did search a lot to get this thread. I'm new to xbhp. Help please.. 😊

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Apache 180 or Pulsar 200ns or Pulsar 220
    By Ne1565 in forum What Bike?
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 03-28-2014, 10:11 AM
  2. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 05-11-2013, 10:01 PM
  3. Pulsar 200NS
    By deathstorm in forum Help Me!
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-31-2012, 12:16 PM
  4. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-30-2012, 12:28 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •