Since '02 xBhp is different things to different people. From a close knit national community of bikers to India's only motorcycling lifestyle magazine and a place to make like-minded biker friends. Join us


Lenovo ThinkPad
Castrol Power 1

Keep your helmet tightly strapped up.

Our Partners

User Tag List

Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: RC Book lost!! help needed with getting new one from Yelhanka RTO.

  1. #1
    Join Date
    May 2016
    0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

    Question RC Book lost!! help needed with getting new one from Yelhanka RTO.

    Hi Guys,
    I lost the RC book of my bike. The bike is still in the name of the guy from whom I bought it. For getting a duplicate RC, can I take the documents to the owner and take the filled up, signed documents to RTO? Owner is ready to file a complaint and sign wherever necessary but is hesitant to come so far to Yelhanka.

    Also, the driving school guys are asking 2-3000 for duplicate RC. Is it recommended to pay that much or are there any cheaper alternatives?

    Thanks in advance.

    Ps: I joined a long time ago and bought my 200NS after reading the amazing travelogues here. So far I've been a lurker and this is my first post. Please forgive if this topic is not relevant.

  2. #2
    Moderator The Monk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Gurgaon/ Kanpur
    435 Post(s)
    4 Thread(s)

    Default Re: RC Book lost!! help needed with getting new one from Yelhanka RTO.

    Query Approved
    Biking is not about what you have between your legs, its all about how well you use it!!!!!!!

    Give your details here if you want to help your fellow xBhpian stranded in your city

    Touring Blog: Cycling in Mongolia!

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    25 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: RC Book lost!! help needed with getting new one from Yelhanka RTO.

    Hey brother, you pretty much have listed all your alternatives yourself!

    If the bike is registered in Yelhanka, then i am guessing you will have to approach the concerned RTO there itself, you can courier the papers to owner and he can sign and send them back to you. If he is hesitant to travel to Yelhanka then upon mutual agreement i think he can still file complaint on his own at wherever place he is. A police complaint is a police complaint and will still be usable i feel.

    The following is not recommended, but if its the only way you have then...Driving schools are essentially agents of sorts and will charge you for getting the work down in certainty most of the times. A cheaper alternative would be to go to the RTO office yourself and I am sure you will be flocked by more Free Lance agents who can bargain to a lower price!

    P:S:- While you are at it, get the ownership transferred too mate!

Similar Threads

  1. Model name in RC book
    By kozlov in forum Help Me!
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-30-2014, 12:34 AM
  2. [xBhp Universal Thread]: please help. RC book lost.
    By aswinvijayakumar in forum Universal Threads
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-30-2011, 01:32 PM
  3. RC book help
    By Axon in forum Help Me!
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 12-13-2011, 11:15 PM
  4. Replies: 24
    Last Post: 10-14-2010, 04:05 AM
  5. HELP: Lost my bike RC book
    By vijaycool in forum Help Me!
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-12-2009, 05:56 PM

Tags for this Thread


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts