Since '02 xBhp is different things to different people. From a close knit national community of bikers to India's only motorcycling lifestyle magazine and a place to make like minded biker friends. Join the #16YearsOfxBhpCelebrations click here.

T-shirt
Magazine
Castrol Power 1

Tubeless tyres are better than tubed ones.

Our Partners

User Tag List

Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: Pulsar 220 over heating

  1. #1
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Location
    West Delhi
    Posts
    2
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Pulsar 220 over heating

    My pulsar 220 is suffering from overheating problem and I do not know why that is. I am using Motul 7100 SAE 20W-50. Everything seems fine and the oil level is up to the mark.

    Please help me out guys.

    PS - It has been 2000 km after the replacement of the cylinder-kit (block ,piston and valve) and 50 km after installation of new clutch assembly.
    Last edited by xBhp; 1 Week Ago at 12:20 PM.

  2. #2
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    India
    Posts
    1,086
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Pulsar 220 over heating

    Thread approved.

  3. #3
    Rusted ashwinprakas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Kerala, India
    Posts
    3,715
    Blog Entries
    1
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Pulsar 220 over heating

    Quote Originally Posted by Prateek18 View Post
    My pulsar 220 is suffering from overheating problem and I do not know why that is. I am using Motul 7100 SAE 20W-50. Everything seems fine and the oil level is up to the mark.

    Please help me out guys.

    PS - It has been 2000 km after the replacement of the cylinder-kit (block ,piston and valve) and 50 km after installation of new clutch assembly.
    Change oil more frequently. 1.5 to 2k intervals work fine. Though when I was young and stupid I've gone up to 4k with the 7100 and the temp warning didn't pop up, so do have a look at the sensor as well.
    Motorcycling Experience:
    2000 ~ 2017 Y2K Kinetic Zoom (Disposed at 15k)
    2011 ~ 2015 Hero Honda Karizma R (Sold at 56.5k)
    2013 ~ 2014 Bajaj Discover 100 4G (Sold at 16.5k)
    2015 ~ 2017 TVS Wego (Totaled at 18k)
    2015 - Bajaj Pulsar 220F (Currently 31k) < Garage Queen!
    2017 - Bajaj CT100B (Currently 21k) < 'Golden Quadrilateral' Runner!

    The Ride was Good, but Life is short, spend it Wisely!
    Adios Comrades!
    A.P. 2018

  4. #4
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Location
    West Delhi
    Posts
    2
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Pulsar 220 over heating

    Brother it has been only 50 km after changing the oil ...still it is happening ....and i had also installed new temp sensor in it ....😅😅

  5. #5
    Rusted kiran2508's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Bengaluru
    Posts
    381
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Pulsar 220 over heating

    Quote Originally Posted by Prateek18 View Post
    Brother it has been only 50 km after changing the oil ...still it is happening ....and i had also installed new temp sensor in it
    Did you replace the kit in official Bajaj service center itself or outside local garage?

    Quote Originally Posted by ashwinprakas View Post
    Change oil more frequently. 1.5 to 2k intervals work fine. Though when I was young and stupid I've gone up to 4k with the 7100 and the temp warning didn't pop up, so do have a look at the sensor as well.
    For a brand new engine or rebuilt engine isn't using fully synthetic a very bad idea like 7100? Atleast for first two drain and run-in of about 2-3K kms. I'd say recommending mineral oil something like 3100/5100 during run-in period
    Last edited by kiran2508; 6 Days Ago at 04:04 PM.
    Bajaj SuperFE 150 - Forever in my heart
    Bajaj Discover 135 DTSi Sports - 2009 to Current
    KTM RC390 - 2015 to Curr​ent
    TVS Jupiter - 2016 to Current

  6. #6
    Rusted ashwinprakas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Kerala, India
    Posts
    3,715
    Blog Entries
    1
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Pulsar 220 over heating

    Quote Originally Posted by Prateek18 View Post
    Brother it has been only 50 km after changing the oil ...still it is happening ....and i had also installed new temp sensor in it ....������������
    If that's the case then it's the sensor at fault, the P220 has 2 Temperature sensors, have you changed both?

    Quote Originally Posted by kiran2508 View Post
    For a brand new engine or rebuilt engine isn't using fully synthetic a very bad idea like 7100? Atleast for first two drain and run-in of about 2-3K kms. I'd say recommending mineral oil something like 3100/5100 during run-in period
    Name:  Screenshot_20190816-203409~2.jpg
Views: 18
Size:  20.3 KB

    I'd say it's fine to use any oil as long as drain interval is kept in check, as you can see after that one instance where I'd overshot the interval I've tried to keep it civil, not to mention I don't even bother with expensive oils anymore as I've brought down interval to 1.5k kms.

    But then, it's always recommended to stick to the owners manual.

    Cheers,
    A.P.
    Motorcycling Experience:
    2000 ~ 2017 Y2K Kinetic Zoom (Disposed at 15k)
    2011 ~ 2015 Hero Honda Karizma R (Sold at 56.5k)
    2013 ~ 2014 Bajaj Discover 100 4G (Sold at 16.5k)
    2015 ~ 2017 TVS Wego (Totaled at 18k)
    2015 - Bajaj Pulsar 220F (Currently 31k) < Garage Queen!
    2017 - Bajaj CT100B (Currently 21k) < 'Golden Quadrilateral' Runner!

    The Ride was Good, but Life is short, spend it Wisely!
    Adios Comrades!
    A.P. 2018

Similar Threads

  1. Pulsar 180 UG4 engine heating and sound.
    By harsha.gadiraju in forum Help Me!
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 05-17-2016, 12:53 AM
  2. Pulsar 2004 Classic Heating problem
    By Gaurav Sahota in forum Help Me!
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12-25-2015, 10:57 AM
  3. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-04-2015, 03:13 PM
  4. Replies: 28
    Last Post: 10-25-2012, 07:52 PM
  5. Heating up of my engine
    By raman sriharsha in forum Help Me!
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 07-30-2009, 05:52 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •