Since '02 xBhp is different things to different people. From a close knit national community of bikers to India's only motorcycling lifestyle magazine and a place to make like-minded biker friends. Join us

#xBhpAxorHelmet #2

Axor
Castrol Power 1

Stop braking before you start turning.

Our Partners

User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 22

Thread: Bajaj Pulsar DTS-i 150 Pilot Jet broken

  1. #11
    Rusted abhijeet080808's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    BLR/GHY/MAS
    Posts
    2,579
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ayush Singh View Post
    Thanks for the support, members.

    Today I got PILOT JET for Fiero. The JET had 12.5 written on it and upon comparison with the default JET, it looks identical. The JET was replaced in the carburetor.

    After replacement bike ran properly for 200mtrs, it was super smooth, but then the choking started again. It is the same as it was happening with the Hero Puch jet. The bike keeps on knocking and doesn't feels smooth at all.

    Further I adjusted the volume screw at 2 1/2 but still knocking continued. Everything looks proper, I'm unable to understand what is wrong. Please suggest why bike is knocking with correct PILOT JET. The MAIN JET was over tightened by the mechanic, but MAIN JET is for high end performance and the bike runs well while accelerating, but when it is cruising at 60km/hr it starts chocking/knocking again.

    I'm desperate to solve this problem within a budget, else might have got myself a new carburetor.

    Thnx
    Ayush
    As far as I remember, jet marked 12.5 is the correct one. Have you checked the diaphragm in the carburetor? It may be torn. Else, it can be a case of fuel contamination - happened to me once.
    Your biking tells a lot about the person you are!

  2. #12
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    45
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    The mechanic is not keen on opening the upper side of the carburetor, he says placing the diaphragm back to its place is very difficult, also I queried about spare diaphragm but the dealer said its impossible to get one.

    I don't think there would be a problem with fuel as I get the tank filled from one petrol pump and they are authentic. Also, there ain't any water in the tank as I got it checked a few days back.

  3. #13
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    45
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Adding on:
    I found the volume screw to be useless, i.e., there was no variation in RPM, this means the PILOT JET was not correct. I wonder how could that be possible given it has the same specs as that of pulsar.

    Now, I'm trying to get the Pilot Jet from Royal Enfield Thunderbird which has the same carb.

  4. #14
    Rusted abhijeet080808's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    BLR/GHY/MAS
    Posts
    2,579
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ayush Singh View Post
    Adding on:
    I found the volume screw to be useless, i.e., there was no variation in RPM, this means the PILOT JET was not correct. I wonder how could that be possible given it has the same specs as that of pulsar.

    Now, I'm trying to get the Pilot Jet from Royal Enfield Thunderbird which has the same carb.
    IMO, please get the original jet pin only. Do not experiment further. As I have said, there are two ways to get the jet pin -either as a single pilot jet (180pin will also do) or as a set of main jet and pilot jet. Place a order with the dealer. They can get it directly from Pune in a few weeks.
    Your biking tells a lot about the person you are!

  5. #15
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    45
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Abhijeet thanks. I already got one from Enfield dealer and it has the same part no. with Mikuni, so the possibility that it should work was high.

    However, things failed again. The bike is still chocking and running bad at slow speeds.

    I've called Bajaj's factory today and they said only Pilot Jet is not available. As you said they recommended the Jet Kit (Pilot Jet, Main Jet holder+jet) priced at Rs 126. He gave me the part no as 36DH1203.

    I would appreciate if some one can confirm the part no for Pulsar 150 Jet Kit.

    Till now money spend = Rs. 400/- with no help.

  6. #16
    Rusted abhijeet080808's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    BLR/GHY/MAS
    Posts
    2,579
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ayush Singh View Post
    Abhijeet thanks. I already got one from Enfield dealer and it has the same part no. with Mikuni, so the possibility that it should work was high.

    However, things failed again. The bike is still chocking and running bad at slow speeds.

    I've called Bajaj's factory today and they said only Pilot Jet is not available. As you said they recommended the Jet Kit (Pilot Jet, Main Jet holder+jet) priced at Rs 126. He gave me the part no as 36DH1203.

    I would appreciate if some one can confirm the part no for Pulsar 150 Jet Kit.

    Till now money spend = Rs. 400/- with no help.
    Do one thing, go to the dealer and ask for the Pulsar 150 Parts Catalog. There you will find the part number mentioned. Atleast this is not P180 part as I have mentioned that number elsewhere in this thread. DH series part number is for Avenger I think. Just verify with them. Then again I think avenger uses the same pilot jet as P150.

    But I can safely say that P150/P180/Avy all these bikes' pilot jet can be used. Atmost maybe their will be slight performance/fuel efficiency losses. The idle adjustment screw can compensate for this. Definately wont cause knocking issues!!

    If the issues persists, open up the carb rubber diaphragm part and check for tears.

    And it would be helpful if you can describe the way your bike is behaving in details. (At what RPM knocking occurs, knocking on acceleration/on steady throttle etc etc)
    Last edited by abhijeet080808; 06-10-2009 at 08:18 PM.
    Your biking tells a lot about the person you are!

  7. #17
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    45
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Today I received a call from Bajaj's employee located at the the state capital where I stay. He assured me that he will get the Jet Kit as the Pilot Jet individually is not available and will try getting it shipped soon. Hope he keeps up the words.

    I've set the idealing at 1000/1200 RPM and the bike makes sound as if its not breathing properly. The engine would roar then sound like about to stall but then will roar on and on. When I start riding, the bike feels normal and smooth while accelerating, I move over to 5th gear and keep accelerating, everthing is fine. But then when I cruise at 50kmph I feel fuel is not coming properly like the reserve is coming up, but if I accelerate at that speed everything is fine. I reduce the cruise speed from 50 to 40 to 30 to 20 and as I go down the knocking gets more and more, even with lower gears at lower speed knocking stays by.

    The difference was clearly visible. At idle RPM with light on, it can be seen that the headlight will glow dim and high, but with a little bit of acceleration it will glow high and not at all dim, but in my bike at 2000-3000RPM I see the headlight getting slightly dim when the engine stiffs, and then run fine for a few seconds and then again the same fraction of a second stiff.

    I'm really devastated with this stuff. At my place neither there is a good mechanic nor spares available. And now this problem is not going away. Wheneve I ride the bike I get dishurtened.

  8. #18
    Rusted abhijeet080808's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    BLR/GHY/MAS
    Posts
    2,579
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ayush Singh View Post
    Today I received a call from Bajaj's employee located at the the state capital where I stay. He assured me that he will get the Jet Kit as the Pilot Jet individually is not available and will try getting it shipped soon. Hope he keeps up the words.

    I've set the idealing at 1000/1200 RPM and the bike makes sound as if its not breathing properly. The engine would roar then sound like about to stall but then will roar on and on. When I start riding, the bike feels normal and smooth while accelerating, I move over to 5th gear and keep accelerating, everthing is fine. But then when I cruise at 50kmph I feel fuel is not coming properly like the reserve is coming up, but if I accelerate at that speed everything is fine. I reduce the cruise speed from 50 to 40 to 30 to 20 and as I go down the knocking gets more and more, even with lower gears at lower speed knocking stays by.

    The difference was clearly visible. At idle RPM with light on, it can be seen that the headlight will glow dim and high, but with a little bit of acceleration it will glow high and not at all dim, but in my bike at 2000-3000RPM I see the headlight getting slightly dim when the engine stiffs, and then run fine for a few seconds and then again the same fraction of a second stiff.

    I'm really devastated with this stuff. At my place neither there is a good mechanic nor spares available. And now this problem is not going away. Wheneve I ride the bike I get dishurtened.
    Don't worry! Hope your problems gets solved soon. The symptoms given here points to a lean pilot circuit. Do one thing - open the screw to something like 4 turns and see. It should help.
    Your biking tells a lot about the person you are!

  9. #19
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    45
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Abhijeet,
    What screw are you referring to? Pilot Jet or Volume Screw?

    I have tried opening Volume Screw aka Air Screw to a large extent, but no help.

    Thnx
    Ayush

  10. #20
    Rusted abhijeet080808's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    BLR/GHY/MAS
    Posts
    2,579
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Volume screw.
    Your biking tells a lot about the person you are!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. [Ownership Thread]: Bajaj Pulsar RS 200 Owners Review and Experience
    By thunderbird_m6 in forum Motorcycle Ownership Experiences
    Replies: 5678
    Last Post: 2 Weeks Ago, 12:23 AM
  2. Bajaj Pulsar 180 (All Versions)
    By themadrussian in forum Motorcycle Ownership Experiences
    Replies: 7016
    Last Post: 06-15-2020, 06:23 PM
  3. Bajaj Pulsar 150 All Versions
    By rpmboy in forum Motorcycle Ownership Experiences
    Replies: 2089
    Last Post: 05-16-2020, 05:14 PM
  4. Three new models of bajaj pulsar
    By sam_sata in forum News
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-16-2009, 05:43 PM
  5. broken shock
    By undefineme3 in forum Help Me!
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 02-06-2009, 10:57 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •