Since '02 xBhp is different things to different people. From a close knit national community of bikers to India's only motorcycling lifestyle magazine and a place to make like minded biker friends. Join the #16YearsOfxBhpCelebrations click here.

T-shirt
Magazine
Castrol Power 1

Always keep the chain well lubricated.

Our Partners

User Tag List

Page 43 of 1119 FirstFirst ... 3339404142434445464753931435431043 ... LastLast
Results 421 to 430 of 11182
Like Tree439Likes

Thread: Kawasaki Ninja 250R

  1. #421
    MG
    MG is offline
    Super Moderator
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Pune, Maharashtra, India
    Posts
    6,894
    Blog Entries
    1
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by xinfii View Post
    I got my number plate (with the black support panel) and saree guard removed yesterday. Also had a GPS mount fixed on to the bike.
    Pictures please.

  2. #422
    Rusted xinfii's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    545
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MG_Biker1806 View Post
    Pictures please.



    No sign of a number plate! Stickering of number pending.





    No saree guard.





    GPS fitted on to the reservoir.





    RAM mount used: Part Details
    I already had a mount for my 220. So just bought the piece that needs to be fixed on to the bike, for the Ninja. Rest are detachable, so can be used on both.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

    Thrills of Touring

    A touring blog with tons of bike trips across India!

  3. #423
    Addicted
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    101
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TenHut View Post
    Dude ur bike is in engine run in phase. You cant possibly get an average as low as 16kmpl dude

    Riding at 60kmph in 6th gear at 4k RPM has gotten me 30 +
    U sure u got 16 ?
    I checked and double checked that very moment.. had filled in a full tank when i got the delivery, the yellow light blinked once and i rushed to the nearest petrol pump, filled in 11.67 ltrs with 187 kms on d odo.. That doesnt even make it 16!

    Will check it this time round too. Had got a call from someone in PBK asking for a feedback, i informed him about the mileage, to which he said it'll take a few 100 kms to get it right.. is it supposed to be that way?

  4. #424
    Rusted bluevolt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Bangalore
    Posts
    1,710
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by xinfii View Post
    I got my number plate (with the black support panel) and saree guard removed yesterday. Also had a GPS mount fixed on to the bike.
    Did you have to use washers to fill the void which the Saree Guard left behind? Bandhav was telling me that the bolts in the Indian version are longer to fit the saree guard, so it becomes loose once you take the guard off.

  5. #425
    Rusted xinfii's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    545
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by crazy_rahul View Post
    I checked and double checked that very moment.. had filled in a full tank when i got the delivery, the yellow light blinked once and i rushed to the nearest petrol pump, filled in 11.67 ltrs with 187 kms on d odo.. That doesnt even make it 16!

    Will check it this time round too. Had got a call from someone in PBK asking for a feedback, i informed him about the mileage, to which he said it'll take a few 100 kms to get it right.. is it supposed to be that way?
    Don't go by quick mileage figures. Take your time and measure tank up to tank up. And be patient, nothing can go wrong that bad. Every time I did a tank up, (almost to the brim) I got a consistent 260-280 kms before the fuel indicator came up. When I did the math, it worked out to 22-23 kmpl all the time. And I did this entire exercise 3 to 4 times in a day.

    Quick tip: When the fuel indicator comes up, just reduce your speed and be soft with the throttle and you'll definitely make it for another 40 kms without any fuel pump heating issues.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

    Thrills of Touring

    A touring blog with tons of bike trips across India!

  6. #426
    Rusted xinfii's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    545
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bluevolt View Post
    Did you have to use washers to fill the void which the Saree Guard left behind? Bandhav was telling me that the bolts in the Indian version are longer to fit the saree guard, so it becomes loose once you take the guard off.
    Yes, thats true and you can see them in the picture.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

    Thrills of Touring

    A touring blog with tons of bike trips across India!

  7. #427
    Rusted bluevolt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Bangalore
    Posts
    1,710
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Thanks for the info - I'll try to get OEM Ninja 250 bolts next month.

  8. #428
    Addicted
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    101
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by xinfii View Post
    Don't go by quick mileage figures. Take your time and measure tank up to tank up. And be patient, nothing can go wrong that bad. Every time I did a tank up, (almost to the brim) I got a consistent 260-280 kms before the fuel indicator came up. When I did the math, it worked out to 22-23 kmpl all the time. And I did this entire exercise 3 to 4 times in a day.

    Quick tip: When the fuel indicator comes up, just reduce your speed and be soft with the throttle and you'll definitely make it for another 40 kms without any fuel pump heating issues.
    Hope it is that way.. let me just wait till the next full tank and check it den..


    LOL i havent gone above 60kmph @ 4k rpm yet, cant go slower thn dat

  9. #429
    Rusted hifisharu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bangalore/Mysore
    Posts
    389
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by xinfii View Post



    No sign of a number plate! Stickering of number pending.





    No saree guard.





    GPS fitted on to the reservoir.





    RAM mount used: Part Details
    I already had a mount for my 220. So just bought the piece that needs to be fixed on to the bike, for the Ninja. Rest are detachable, so can be used on both.
    Hi, just wanted to know: Is the GPS mount specific only for the GPS device or can we even mount a camera on it? If so, is the mount available separately? and cost too

  10. #430
    Rusted coolboy007's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    619
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by crazy_rahul View Post
    moment.. had filled in a full tank when i got the delivery, the yellow light blinked once and i rushed to the nearest petrol pump, filled in 11.67 ltrs with 187 kms on d odo.. That doesnt even make it 16!
    Wait a bit and have a little patience. Dont tell PBK guys so early to fiddle with the bike. 16 kmpl is extremely less as thats in the R1 area and many Ninja owners are getting way better FE's.
    In a FI bike, chances of varying FE in diff bikes is very less.

    If am not wrong, isnt 91 Octane fuel recommended for Ninja, hope you are filling that only. Ride smooth.
    Fill from a reputed fuel bunk, tell him to fill only till auto cut and not full to brim. Ride 100-150 kms, get back and tell him to fill till autocut and then see the results.
    No way the kwacker can return such a low FE.

Similar Threads

  1. xBhp Mega Review: Kawasaki [Bajaj] Ninja 250R
    By Sunny in forum Superbike And Imports
    Replies: 141
    Last Post: 07-31-2012, 07:22 AM
  2. Kawasaki ZX12R Ninja
    By rohit_180 in forum Superbike And Imports
    Replies: 84
    Last Post: 01-19-2012, 07:14 PM
  3. Ninja 250R launch time
    By Rajat Bhanti in forum News
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-23-2009, 09:37 AM
  4. [xBhp Universal Thread]: Kawasaki Ninja 250cc
    By vasanth kumar in forum Universal Threads
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-17-2009, 01:16 AM
  5. (Bajaj) Kawasaki Ninja 250R.
    By crazy_rahul in forum Superbike And Imports
    Replies: 230
    Last Post: 12-04-2008, 01:05 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •