Since '02 xBhp is different things to different people. From a close knit national community of bikers to India's only motorcycling lifestyle magazine and a place to make like-minded biker friends. Join us

WE DESIGN ON

Lenovo ThinkPad
Magazine
Castrol Power 1

Red to green ‚Äď let the cager go first.

Our Partners

User Tag List

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 45
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: 2010 honda cbr 1000rr - Problems!

  1. #21
    Rusted pulsar_flame's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    chennai, tamilnadu, India.
    Posts
    700
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    i would say better u write a mail to Honda...
    pulsar 150 - 02

    unicorn150 - 04

    apache150 - 06

    cbz ext - 08

    Yzf R15 - 09

    ninja 250 - 10

    Twister - 11

    Passion xpro -14

  2. #22
    Rookie ambsace2003's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Delhi
    Posts
    7
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    warranty is ok, but the Honda guys can’t find the problem, 3 batteries changed, rectifier changed, now today the magnet changed.... ab only the wires to go, I hope it still doesn’t give trouble.... bugging thing is they have not found the fault!!! if i get stranded once more will email the japs and if need be the courts!....
    Last edited by ambsace2003; 12-25-2010 at 11:40 PM.

  3. #23
    Rusted sheelpriye's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Purnia [Bihar]
    Posts
    1,967
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Is this problem specific to Honda CBR-1000RR Fireblade, post 2008 models?

  4. #24
    psr
    psr is offline
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    CHENNAI , TAMILNADU
    Posts
    5,846
    Mentioned
    695 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ambsace2003 View Post
    warranty is ok, but the Honda guys canít find the problem, 3 batteries changed, rectifier changed, now today the magnet changed.... ab only the wires to go, I hope it still doesnít give trouble.... bugging thing is they have not found the fault!!! if i get stranded once more will email the japs and if need be the courts!....
    seem to be some problem with the power generation for charging.May be the stator coils are producing less than stipulated voltage or connector loose connections between the coil and the RR unit.......still not expected ,or acceptable in the bike.
    prasenjit220 likes this.

  5. #25
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Panvel
    Posts
    42
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by psr View Post
    seem to be some problem with the power generation for charging.May be the stator coils are producing less than stipulated voltage or connector loose connections between the coil and the RR unit.......still not expected ,or acceptable in the bike.
    Hi, is this problem sorted out.

    To ......Superbike owners, have you guys faced such kinda problems with the other bikes like R1, ZX10R, Gixxer or Ducati. It would be really useful for us who might buy such bikes in near future.

  6. #26
    Rusted fast_ferocious's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Hyderabad
    Posts
    723
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    In the first place YOU don't need to worry about what the problem is. 14lacs for a bike and thiss... ! B.S. Eat their brains out and warn them that you'll shoot an email to Honda Japan. Make them change everything possible related to this problem.
    From variable Bhps to a constant 17.6 Bhp.

  7. #27
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    5
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default HI

    So Now has that issue been rectified or still you are facing any problem?

  8. #28
    Rookie ambsace2003's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Delhi
    Posts
    7
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    hi,

    No the issue still continues,

    The bike went dead again on 17th December post yet another complaint On 25th of December the Magnet and starter motor was changed and I was assured that now the bike is perfect.

    Now again on 26th Jan this is the 15th time in 7 months of purchase its giving me this trouble. It was fine n Sunday then on 26th morning in 2 days time Dead again. Unfortunately the Honda Service team is unable to pinpoint the fault, let alone fix it. Every time I complain they change something on the bike, BUT still canít identify the trouble area. Itís a nightmare despite changing 3 batteries, rectifier, magnet, starter motor checking the wiring every possible check that could be done its still giving trouble starting.

    Now they will change the harness & the ABS module!!! learning on my time.


    Quote Originally Posted by smartryder View Post
    So Now has that issue been rectified or still you are facing any problem?

  9. #29
    Addicted nfsnfs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Riding earth now !
    Posts
    205
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ambsace2003 View Post
    hi,

    No the issue still continues,

    The bike went dead again on 17th December post yet another complaint On 25th of December the Magnet and starter motor was changed and I was assured that now the bike is perfect.

    Now again on 26th Jan this is the 15th time in 7 months of purchase its giving me this trouble. It was fine n Sunday then on 26th morning in 2 days time Dead again. Unfortunately the Honda Service team is unable to pinpoint the fault, let alone fix it. Every time I complain they change something on the bike, BUT still canít identify the trouble area. Itís a nightmare despite changing 3 batteries, rectifier, magnet, starter motor checking the wiring every possible check that could be done its still giving trouble starting.

    Now they will change the harness & the ABS module!!! learning on my time.

    What are you waiting for ? . Shoot mails left right and center to what ever ID you get at honda .Find out who is the CEO , send a direct stinker mail to him/her .Ask for a new bike .BTW keep documents of the troubles as a proof.Document all the problems every time .
    Chalta hai attitude for INDIAN customers.
    Would they let this happen to anyone at anyother location ?

    Is the whole INDIAN batch is faulty ?. Dumping all the seconds or rejected ?
    SPEED .....i need more
    I cannot do burnouts :(..my bike has traction control...

  10. #30
    Addicted Rune's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    102
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I know this may sound abysmally stupid, but still.............

    Cant ABS be removed?

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. [Ownership Thread]: Honda CBR 1000rr '09 fireblade
    By bunnymarwaha in forum Motorcycle Ownership Experiences
    Replies: 113
    Last Post: 06-24-2014, 06:12 PM
  2. My 2010 CBR 1000RR (C-ABS)
    By TenHut in forum Superbike And Imports
    Replies: 661
    Last Post: 07-09-2013, 01:05 PM
  3. First Impression: 2008 Honda Fireblade 1000RR
    By Sunny in forum Bike Reviews
    Replies: 63
    Last Post: 06-27-2012, 02:05 PM
  4. [Help]: Finance scheme for the Honda CBR 1000RR
    By mike_usa in forum Help Me!
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 08-17-2010, 10:32 PM
  5. 2010 CBR 1000RR Spec Released
    By Carlitos in forum News
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 09-08-2009, 01:22 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •