Since '02 xBhp is different things to different people. From a close knit national community of bikers to India's only motorcycling lifestyle magazine and a place to make like minded biker friends. We have one common religion - Bikeism.

T-shirt
Magazine
Castrol Power 1

The slower the vehicle, the quicker it can turn.

Our Partners



User Tag List

Page 2294 of 2375 FirstFirst ... 1294179421942244228422902291229222932294229522962297229823042344 ... LastLast
Results 22,931 to 22,940 of 23741
Like Tree7788Likes

Thread: Honda CBR 250R

  1. #22931
    Rusted leech's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    1,679
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Honda CBR 250R

    Quote Originally Posted by JoshAraujo View Post
    Anyone here do they oil changes DIY? Was wondering where I could pick up Honda branded engine oil a la carte
    Honda SVC has stock of both mineral and synthetic oils. Stick to 10w30 if your summers are below 40 degrees.
    JoshAraujo likes this.

  2. #22932
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Bangalore
    Posts
    33
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Honda CBR 250R

    Summers are around 30, haha
    Cheers mate

  3. #22933
    Rusted hypheni's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Calcutta
    Posts
    750
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Honda CBR 250R

    Quote Originally Posted by yathi View Post
    Sometime back, I have said about one of my friend who has have repainted his CBR with a Ducati red colour. It's really stunning, bike look like a beautiful toy. I believe similar fluracent red with minimum stickering is the best on this bike. Let me know your thoughts..
    Choice of colors and design sense highly differs person to person. It looks good but a bit odd to me. But again it can grow on me. Having said all those Thanks for sharing and I still love the Cherry Red color of CBR which defines the VFRish look.
    Saravanan Murdlock likes this.

  4. #22934
    Rusted hypheni's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Calcutta
    Posts
    750
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Honda CBR 250R

    Yesterday fitted LED headlight, now the mechanic removed the dust cover of the bulb and said it is not required for the LED as the bulb has fat rear. He also said if he needs to fit the stock dust cover he needs to cut the same as per LED bulb size.

    Is it safe to ride without the dust rubber for the bulb?

  5. #22935
    Rusted
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Guwahati, Bangalore
    Posts
    368
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Honda CBR 250R

    Quote Originally Posted by hypheni View Post
    Yesterday fitted LED headlight, now the mechanic removed the dust cover of the bulb and said it is not required for the LED as the bulb has fat rear. He also said if he needs to fit the stock dust cover he needs to cut the same as per LED bulb size.

    Is it safe to ride without the dust rubber for the bulb?
    no, it is not safe to ride without the dust cover, given the pathetic conditions of the indian cities, the gunk would get in and damage your systems before the jury rig system blows up. I would highly recommend against using after market parts or modifications to the bike.

  6. #22936
    Addicted
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    bangalore
    Posts
    101
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Honda CBR 250R

    Quote Originally Posted by hypheni View Post
    Yesterday fitted LED headlight, now the mechanic removed the dust cover of the bulb and said it is not required for the LED as the bulb has fat rear. He also said if he needs to fit the stock dust cover he needs to cut the same as per LED bulb size.

    Is it safe to ride without the dust rubber for the bulb?
    Which led is it? In Bangalore my view is, we need that dust cover or slowly it will kill your headlight reflector due to dust. Since you have fitted already keep an eye on head light, if you see dust inside let's please switch back. I am saying this from my experience on Honda city fog lamp when I upgraded similar way. Now I can see alot dust inside.

  7. #22937
    Rusted hypheni's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Calcutta
    Posts
    750
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Honda CBR 250R

    Quote Originally Posted by yathi View Post
    Which led is it? In Bangalore my view is, we need that dust cover or slowly it will kill your headlight reflector due to dust. Since you have fitted already keep an eye on head light, if you see dust inside let's please switch back. I am saying this from my experience on Honda city fog lamp when I upgraded similar way. Now I can see alot dust inside.
    It's RTD LED 40w, 4400LM. Yes I just have installed it on saturday and haven't used it so far. Tonight is the time to test the bulb. The bulb mechanic told me he needs to cut the stock dust cover to fit it with new LED bulb, but I think I should go for it.

  8. #22938
    Rusted
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    Guwahati
    Posts
    252
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Honda CBR 250R

    Quote Originally Posted by hypheni View Post
    It's RTD LED 40w, 4400LM. Yes I just have installed it on saturday and haven't used it so far. Tonight is the time to test the bulb. The bulb mechanic told me he needs to cut the stock dust cover to fit it with new LED bulb, but I think I should go for it.
    The rubber cover will get damaged by the heat produced by the led lights and that is the reason the RTD led light comes with the fan. If you cover the bulb, the fan won't be able to cool the bulb, hence more heat and damaged rubber cover.

  9. #22939
    Rusted hypheni's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Calcutta
    Posts
    750
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Honda CBR 250R

    Quote Originally Posted by Ave2592 View Post
    The rubber cover will get damaged by the heat produced by the led lights and that is the reason the RTD led light comes with the fan. If you cover the bulb, the fan won't be able to cool the bulb, hence more heat and damaged rubber cover.
    Hey Ave.. IIRC you were the guy who suggested RTD LED few weeks or a month back. So do you use the same LED without the dust cover? And did you experience any dust around the reflector?

  10. #22940
    Rusted
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    Guwahati
    Posts
    252
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Honda CBR 250R

    Quote Originally Posted by hypheni View Post
    Hey Ave.. IIRC you were the guy who suggested RTD LED few weeks or a month back. So do you use the same LED without the dust cover? And did you experience any dust around the reflector?
    Hello hypheni. Yes I was the one who recommended the RTD led lights. I am currently using the bike without the rubber and I don't seem to be having any dust around too. Due to everyday wash and headlight glass being cleaned with collin spray, I don't seem to have any issue until now.
    As i read on your post earlier, you are yet to test the headlights till now. Hope you like the new led headlight.
    Ride safe ✌
    hypheni likes this.


Similar Threads

  1. Honda CBR 250r Review: CBR 250 vs Ninja 250
    By Sunny in forum Bike Reviews
    Replies: 132
    Last Post: 05-09-2011, 06:37 PM
  2. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-27-2010, 03:12 PM
  3. Honda CBR 250R in Europe!
    By cesar in forum News
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-20-2010, 01:18 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •