Since '02 xBhp is different things to different people. From a close knit national community of bikers to India's only motorcycling lifestyle magazine and a place to make like minded biker friends. Join the #16YearsOfxBhpCelebrations click here.

WE DESIGN ON

Lenovo ThinkPad
Magazine
Castrol Power 1

All the gear all the time (ATGATT).

Our Partners

User Tag List

Page 2473 of 2478 FirstFirst ... 14731973237324232463246924702471247224732474247524762477 ... LastLast
Results 24,721 to 24,730 of 24774
Like Tree8199Likes

Thread: Honda CBR 250R

  1. #24721
    Addicted Nanda SS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Chennai
    Posts
    101
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Honda CBR 250R

    Old chain slider got damaged and i removed and try to replace with a new one...

    But i am unable to fix it with the two holes they provided for proper fix, but it is fixed in the front sprocket.....

    Any issues in this setup...

  2. #24722
    Addicted Pavithranmt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    Kochi
    Posts
    92
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Honda CBR 250R

    We can use the stock accelerator cables. But for the clutch we can use honda cb shine's clutch cable. The clip ones are significantly higher than the stock one. Long rides will become piece of cake, i completed more than 15k kms with this set up
    Quote Originally Posted by B7ACKTHORN View Post
    Wonderful information. Does it not foul with with the switchgear mount and the cables? And is it significantly lengthier than the stock clip-ons? I see, the third bolt mount on clip-on of the Apache, and I hope



    Can you post a video/sound clip. From what I can "speculate:, it can be a crank issue. @psr sir.

    Cheers!
    VJ
    psr and pinkesh2703 like this.

  3. #24723
    Rookie venkyturbo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Location
    Jharsuguda
    Posts
    3
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Honda CBR 250R

    Hi folks,
    I am facing a weird issue in my CBR. Whenever bike is going over a bump, it makes a screeching noise from rear suspension. I've checked the torque on swingarm and suspension components. Suspension is perfectly silent when I try to push the bike along with a heavy weight pillion. It only makes sound when it is in motion.
    I've checked and found that chain is not touching anywhere. What can be the possible culprit?

  4. #24724
    Moderator B7ACKTHORN's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    TN/TS Ooty/Telangana
    Posts
    7,938
    Blog Entries
    1
    Mentioned
    243 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)

    Post Re: Honda CBR 250R

    Quote Originally Posted by venkyturbo View Post
    Hi folks,
    I am facing a weird issue in my CBR. Whenever bike is going over a bump, it makes a screeching noise from rear suspension. I've checked the torque on swingarm and suspension components. Suspension is perfectly silent when I try to push the bike along with a heavy weight pillion. It only makes sound when it is in motion.
    I've checked and found that chain is not touching anywhere. What can be the possible culprit?
    How old is your bike? It can be perhaps due to the rear pro-link unit requires greasing or the PL unit bearings may have gone bad. The PL unit has arms which are then connected to the rear shock absorber. The Pro Link or PL unit also has needle bearings which should be greased periodically. In case of screeching, remove rear shocker unit along with the Pro Link arms, and grease the bearings. Your SVC or a good local mechanic do it for you. Also check for the needle bearing condition and replace if necessary.

    Cheers!
    VJ
    Once upon a time, a guy asked a girl 'Will you marry me?'
    The girl said, 'NO!'


    And the guy lived happily ever after and rode motorcycles and watched sport on a big screen TV, went fishing and surfing, and played golf a lot, and drank beer and scotch and had tons of money in the bank and left the toilet seat up and farted whenever he wanted.


    THE END

  5. #24725
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Traffic City
    Posts
    33
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Honda CBR 250R

    Hello guys.. Posting here after a long long time.. I believe last time was when I had a Benelli 300. It was replaced with a CBR250r exactly a year ago.

    I have already completed a little over 15,000 kms on the CBR. Very happy with the bike, its awesome.
    Currently I am using the Motul 7100 and the bike is buttery smooth. I am getting a consistent fuel economy, between 29-31 kmpl in Mumbai traffic.
    I can write down a comparison between the Benelli 300 and CBR 250 if you want. But some other day.

    A few issues with my bike as of now are:
    1. The rubber slider which protects the chain from rubbing on the swing arm keeps breaking(replaced twice till now). I really need a permanent solution for this.
    2. The bike handle wobbles when between 65 - 80 kmph; not above, nor below speeds. However, there is no extra or uneven tyre wear on the front tyre.
    3. Engine knocks when I try to pick up speed quickly when at around 5k rpm and 3rd gear. The bike is not at very low speeds at that time, but at any speed, when I twist the throttle around 5k rps, it knocks. What can be the issue?
    4. The CBR leans too much on the stand, is there a way to fix the stand rather than replacing it?
    5. The nut between the saree guard and the rear footrest has been missing since a long time, tried multiple times at the svc, but no luck getting it, given up now. Tied it with a couple of zip ties with some styrofoam in the middle for no vibrations..


    Also, I need a front mudguard extension, any ideas?

    Points 1, 2 and 3 are of some concern , but none that do not let me use the bike daily. But better to get them fixed before I start my long journeys on her.

  6. #24726
    Rookie venkyturbo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Location
    Jharsuguda
    Posts
    3
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Honda CBR 250R

    Quote Originally Posted by B7ACKTHORN View Post
    How old is your bike? It can be perhaps due to the rear pro-link unit requires greasing or the PL unit bearings may have gone bad. The PL unit has arms which are then connected to the rear shock absorber. The Pro Link or PL unit also has needle bearings which should be greased periodically. In case of screeching, remove rear shocker unit along with the Pro Link arms, and grease the bearings. Your SVC or a good local mechanic do it for you. Also check for the needle bearing condition and replace if necessary.

    Cheers!
    VJ
    My bike is 8 years old. The problem started after I replaced my chain sprocket set. The mechanics are morons. I prefer to do things by myself till I don't require any special tools. While the swingarm and PL were opened in order to replace chain, I inspected the needle bearings and bushes myself. I smeared them with Grease before assembling. The components appeared fine to me with no scoring marks or play.

    ☹️

  7. #24727
    Moderator B7ACKTHORN's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    TN/TS Ooty/Telangana
    Posts
    7,938
    Blog Entries
    1
    Mentioned
    243 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)

    Post Re: Honda CBR 250R

    Quote Originally Posted by venkyturbo View Post
    My bike is 8 years old. The problem started after I replaced my chain sprocket set. The mechanics are morons. I prefer to do things by myself till I don't require any special tools. While the swingarm and PL were opened in order to replace chain, I inspected the needle bearings and bushes myself. I smeared them with Grease before assembling. The components appeared fine to me with no scoring marks or play.
    If the sound is heard when the vehicle is in motion, then it's better to check the rear wheel bearings also. If the rear wheel bearing is shot or is not greased well, some sounds come eventually, but again that's just a speculation without actually having to inspect the bike visually. Also, check your chain slack, too tight a chain slack too will produce some squeals. If your wheel bearings are good, I'd recommend you inspect your PL links once again, and get your shock absorber inspected. Keep your observations posted.


    Quote Originally Posted by RoadRanger View Post
    Hello guys.. Posting here after a long long time.. I believe last time was when I had a Benelli 300. It was replaced with a CBR250r exactly a year ago.

    I have already completed a little over 15,000 kms on the CBR. Very happy with the bike, its awesome.
    Currently I am using the Motul 7100 and the bike is buttery smooth. I am getting a consistent fuel economy, between 29-31 kmpl in Mumbai traffic.
    I can write down a comparison between the Benelli 300 and CBR 250 if you want. But some other day.

    A few issues with my bike as of now are:
    1. The rubber slider which protects the chain from rubbing on the swing arm keeps breaking(replaced twice till now). I really need a permanent solution for this.
    2. The bike handle wobbles when between 65 - 80 kmph; not above, nor below speeds. However, there is no extra or uneven tyre wear on the front tyre.
    3. Engine knocks when I try to pick up speed quickly when at around 5k rpm and 3rd gear. The bike is not at very low speeds at that time, but at any speed, when I twist the throttle around 5k rps, it knocks. What can be the issue?
    4. The CBR leans too much on the stand, is there a way to fix the stand rather than replacing it?
    5. The nut between the saree guard and the rear footrest has been missing since a long time, tried multiple times at the svc, but no luck getting it, given up now. Tied it with a couple of zip ties with some styrofoam in the middle for no vibrations..


    Also, I need a front mudguard extension, any ideas?

    Points 1, 2 and 3 are of some concern , but none that do not let me use the bike daily. But better to get them fixed before I start my long journeys on her.
    1. Use a small zip tie and make sure it's tightened in between the slider and the metal swingarm. This method works well, as for some the grommet in the slider and the hole in the swingarm do not match. In that case, cut the grommet and use a black zip and clamp it down, it won' budge.

    2. If the handlebar T stem is either a wee bit tighter or on the looser side, it will wobble at certain speeds. Also, if the handlebar bearings are shot, the same thing will happen. Get your T stem adjusted to see if it helps, if not, your bearings are to be replaced, considering your tire wear, pressure are all correct.

    3. Bad fuel and bad shifting. The CBR mildly knocks at that 3.8 to 4.5k ish if the RPM is low and the load is high. Make sure you have the RPMs maintained post 4.5k for good shifting and knock-less engine.

    4. Jugaad fix. Go to your nearest welder. Cut the bottom flat piece of the stand, use a tube of similar size and increase the length of the stand by welding a small piece according to you angle, you're all set. Too much height and you will make the bike stand upright and can be an irritant. Make sure you increase it to like 2.0 to 3 mm max, and it should be okay. But, you must check that yourself depending on your requirement.

    Cheers!
    VJ
    RoadRanger likes this.
    Once upon a time, a guy asked a girl 'Will you marry me?'
    The girl said, 'NO!'


    And the guy lived happily ever after and rode motorcycles and watched sport on a big screen TV, went fishing and surfing, and played golf a lot, and drank beer and scotch and had tons of money in the bank and left the toilet seat up and farted whenever he wanted.


    THE END

  8. #24728
    Rookie ManasN95's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    Thane
    Posts
    39
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Honda CBR 250R

    Quote Originally Posted by RoadRanger View Post
    Hello guys.. Posting here after a long long time.. I believe last time was when I had a Benelli 300. It was replaced with a CBR250r exactly a year ago.

    I have already completed a little over 15,000 kms on the CBR. Very happy with the bike, its awesome.
    Currently I am using the Motul 7100 and the bike is buttery smooth. I am getting a consistent fuel economy, between 29-31 kmpl in Mumbai traffic.
    I can write down a comparison between the Benelli 300 and CBR 250 if you want. But some other day.

    A few issues with my bike as of now are:
    1. The rubber slider which protects the chain from rubbing on the swing arm keeps breaking(replaced twice till now). I really need a permanent solution for this.
    2. The bike handle wobbles when between 65 - 80 kmph; not above, nor below speeds. However, there is no extra or uneven tyre wear on the front tyre.
    3. Engine knocks when I try to pick up speed quickly when at around 5k rpm and 3rd gear. The bike is not at very low speeds at that time, but at any speed, when I twist the throttle around 5k rps, it knocks. What can be the issue?
    4. The CBR leans too much on the stand, is there a way to fix the stand rather than replacing it?
    5. The nut between the saree guard and the rear footrest has been missing since a long time, tried multiple times at the svc, but no luck getting it, given up now. Tied it with a couple of zip ties with some styrofoam in the middle for no vibrations..


    Also, I need a front mudguard extension, any ideas?

    Points 1, 2 and 3 are of some concern , but none that do not let me use the bike daily. But better to get them fixed before I start my long journeys on her.
    Hello there,

    On the front mudguard extension, you can use the KTM Duke's extension for the same purpose. Attaching some photos on the part number, cost, welding required and improvements done, please refer.

    Also, this modification saves the grime from spraying on the radiator, but it doesn't protect the exhaust header pipe from getting sprayed. Can't comment about pebbles, but I'm already using a radiator guard from Carbon Racing.

    P.S: As shown in the third photo, please use a double sided tape between the mudguard and the extension (shown in red) to avoid the extension surface (shown in yellow) from touching the tyres. Has worked well for me so far. (~5000 KM's).Name:  b182b8747b35a38dcbfe1b8a721e1cf8.jpg
Views: 130
Size:  27.0 KBName:  IMG_20190203_154721.jpg
Views: 130
Size:  20.3 KBName:  IMG_20191023_201847_786.jpg
Views: 129
Size:  20.1 KB
    RoadRanger likes this.
    Before you climb Everest, you have to conquer the mountain inside your head.

  9. #24729
    Moderator B7ACKTHORN's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    TN/TS Ooty/Telangana
    Posts
    7,938
    Blog Entries
    1
    Mentioned
    243 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)

    Post Re: Honda CBR 250R

    Quote Originally Posted by ManasN95 View Post
    Hello there,

    On the front mudguard extension, you can use the KTM Duke's extension for the same purpose. Attaching some photos on the part number, cost, welding required and improvements done, please refer.

    Also, this modification saves the grime from spraying on the radiator, but it doesn't protect the exhaust header pipe from getting sprayed. Can't comment about pebbles, but I'm already using a radiator guard from Carbon Racing.

    P.S: As shown in the third photo, please use a double sided tape between the mudguard and the extension (shown in red) to avoid the extension surface (shown in yellow) from touching the tyres. Has worked well for me so far.
    As to mudguard extension, I would recommend everyone to read the following thread. It just clicked me, after Manas posted this post. This flap is cheaper, easier to install and remove plus, has adequate gap and no mare, taping, m-sealing and what not. Hope it helps. Manas, how's the progress on your motorcycle?


    @RoadRanger, check the link below where a fellow rider installed a cheper, better version of the flap.

    https://www.xbhp.com/talkies/motorcy...250r-2162.html

    Cheers!
    VJ
    Once upon a time, a guy asked a girl 'Will you marry me?'
    The girl said, 'NO!'


    And the guy lived happily ever after and rode motorcycles and watched sport on a big screen TV, went fishing and surfing, and played golf a lot, and drank beer and scotch and had tons of money in the bank and left the toilet seat up and farted whenever he wanted.


    THE END

  10. #24730
    Addicted pinkesh2703's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    Surat
    Posts
    117
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Honda CBR 250R

    Quote Originally Posted by Pavithranmt View Post
    We can use the stock accelerator cables. But for the clutch we can use honda cb shine's clutch cable. The clip ones are significantly higher than the stock one. Long rides will become piece of cake, i completed more than 15k kms with this set up
    Thx a lot for sharing. I just have some queries.
    From where did u buy Apache's handle bar n how much u paid for it ?
    Are there any issues after installing RTR's handlebar like stability, vibration ?
    Can we back to stock handle bar incase if we don't like this set up ?

    I would love to see ur CBR's photos with this handle bar.
    Last edited by pinkesh2703; 3 Weeks Ago at 04:22 PM.


Similar Threads

  1. Honda CBR 250r Review: CBR 250 vs Ninja 250
    By Sunny in forum Bike Reviews
    Replies: 132
    Last Post: 05-09-2011, 06:37 PM
  2. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-27-2010, 03:12 PM
  3. Honda CBR 250R in Europe!
    By cesar in forum News
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-20-2010, 01:18 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •