Since '02 xBhp is different things to different people. From a close knit national community of bikers to India's only motorcycling lifestyle magazine and a place to make like minded biker friends. Join the #16YearsOfxBhpCelebrations click here.

WE DESIGN ON

Lenovo ThinkPad
Magazine
Castrol Power 1

Regularly check tyre pressures.

Our Partners

User Tag List

Poll: What FE do you usually get on your R15 v 2.0?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 105 of 1330 FirstFirst ... 555951011021031041051061071081091151552056051105 ... LastLast
Results 1,041 to 1,050 of 13291
Like Tree3839Likes

Thread: Yamaha YZF-R15 version 2.0

  1. #1041
    Addicted
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Chennai
    Posts
    112
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by satyenpoojary View Post
    Well actually the first few hundreds of KM cause the most of the shedding in of sharpnels... Oil filters are not designed to take care of hot-moving-sharpnels... its designed to take care of residue... Its only advisable that you change the oil+filter in the first few hundred KMs.
    Remember Oil+Filter is cheaper than a scored engine!
    You follow every ownership thread, is it...???

  2. #1042
    Rusted darkknight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Panvel , Navi Mumbai
    Posts
    3,694
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DrVENOM View Post
    You follow every ownership thread, is it...???
    he owns/owned most of them so ----
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]


  3. #1043
    Addicted
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Chennai
    Posts
    112
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Anyways, most people have their own theory of oil-changing intervals during run-in. I myself followed a modified motoman technique during run-in.

    And whatever said and done, most advices and techniques that people put here in xbhp are not concrete rules on how to run-in a bike. Do what you think is right and move on (either early oil change or company manual recommended). And sometimes, people don't realize that today's engineering tolerances and liquid cooled engines are far better capable of achieving a better piston-ring/cylinder wall sealing, compared to previous era of air-cooled engines.

    To all new owners confused on how to run-in your new engine:
    DO's:
    -Warm up the engine every morning before the ride, by idling for about 2-3 minutes (applies even after run-in)
    -Maintain and stick to RPM limits throughout the run-in period.
    -Gradual acceleration always. Sudden burst of acceleration is okay now and then, provided the engine is warm.
    -Gradual deceleration always. Use engine braking during deceleration. Proven to bring better piston-ring/cylinder wall sealing.
    -Vary speed and gears all the time. City street riding is most best for running-in an engine, than highways straights and monotonous speeds.
    -Switching off the engine everytime after about 15-20 minutes of riding. Engine tends to heat up more because of new metal parts shaving and sealing.
    -Follow oil change as what you may have decided.

    DONT's:
    -Never redline during run-in.
    -Never cross the RPM limit what you may follow during run-in.
    -Never lug the engine. NEVER !
    -Never ride in long straights for prolonged periods at same speed (highways i mean).
    -Never do pillion riding during the initial run-in period. Adds more stress to the engine.
    -Never idle the engine for prolonged periods.
    -Never kill the engine by switching the ignition off. Always use engine kill switch. Sometimes, the radiator might kick-in to cool down the engine if the system thinks that the engine is hot.
    -Never do stunts like a wheelie or stoppie or burn-out during run-in.

    Remember to wear your safety gear. You are not warranty-replaceable. Ride safe.
    Last edited by DrVENOM; 03-26-2012 at 02:15 PM.

  4. #1044
    Rusted ABikerAtHeart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Surat, Gujarat.
    Posts
    830
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DrVENOM View Post
    You follow every ownership thread, is it...???
    +1
    And he indeed owns a major stake of those threads you see. Including the ones out n out about the R15.


    Hey Satyenbhaiya, what's your current ride? Something i've been wondering lately..
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _______


    Viaterra Rapide - A Comprehensive Product Overview


    The Art Of Cornering - lots and lots of knee down pics

    Quote Originally Posted by Prakash Solanki
    Bikes or girls, always ride with protection.

    Facebook

  5. #1045
    Rusted
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Pune
    Posts
    315
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by aayush_tourer View Post
    Hey nastro, good to see someone spending so much time in helping unexperienced and new people on the forum .. keep it up..!
    just FYI ... they (Yamaha guys) do not replace coolant at first service. I had the first service done for my babe in front of my eyes. They absolutely did nothing on the coolant part.
    They just checked the coolant level and dint even top it up(may be it was not necesaary.!)
    Shukriya, had checked it up with the Yamaha chief here, would re confirm.


    Quote Originally Posted by satyenpoojary View Post
    Well actually the first few hundreds of KM cause the most of the shedding in of sharpnels... Oil filters are not designed to take care of hot-moving-sharpnels... its designed to take care of residue... Its only advisable that you change the oil+filter in the first few hundred KMs.
    Remember Oil+Filter is cheaper than a scored engine!
    well, he said it.

    Quote Originally Posted by DrVENOM View Post
    Anyways, most people have their own theory of oil-changing intervals during run-in. I myself followed a modified motoman technique during run-in.

    And whatever said and done, most advices and techniques that people put here in xbhp are not concrete rules on how to run-in a bike. Do what you think is right and move on (either early oil change or company manual recommended). And sometimes, people don't realize that today's engineering tolerances and liquid cooled engines are far better capable of achieving a better piston-ring/cylinder wall sealing, compared to previous era of air-cooled engines.

    To all new owners confused on how to run-in your new engine:
    DO's:
    -Warm up the engine every morning before the ride, by idling for about 2-3 minutes (applies even after run-in)
    -Maintain and stick to RPM limits throughout the run-in period.
    -Gradual acceleration always. Sudden burst of acceleration is okay now and then, provided the engine is warm.
    -Gradual deceleration always. Use engine braking during deceleration. Proven to bring better piston-ring/cylinder wall sealing.
    -Vary speed and gears all the time. City street riding is most best for running-in an engine, than highways straights and monotonous speeds.
    -Switching off the engine everytime after about 15-20 minutes of riding. Engine tends to heat up more because of new metal parts shaving and sealing.
    -Follow oil change as what you may have decided.

    DONT's:
    -Never redline during run-in.
    -Never cross the RPM limit what you may follow during run-in.
    -Never lug the engine. NEVER !
    -Never ride in long straights for prolonged periods at same speed (highways i mean).
    -Never idle the engine for prolonged periods.
    -Never kill the engine by switching the ignition off. Always use engine kill switch. Sometimes, the radiator might kick-in to cool down the engine if the system thinks that the engine is hot.
    -Never do stunts like a wheelie or stoppie or burn-out during run-in.

    Remember to wear your safety gear. You are not warranty-replaceable. Ride safe.
    Perfect. Thanks for summarizing, people can now use this link for any run-in queries.

    Quote Originally Posted by ABikerAtHeart View Post
    +1
    And he indeed owns a major stake of those threads you see. Including the ones out n out about the R15.


    Hey Satyenbhaiya, what's your current ride? Something i've been wondering lately..
    You aren't aware, its the spark. <Ninja 650>
    Ride On,
    Akshat

  6. #1046
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    hyderabad/usa
    Posts
    39
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mskr View Post
    when i took my bike( booked in September ) i waited for almost 58 days. as its a red and white color. black was 20 days back then.

    now i guess waiting period has reduced.
    Are you sure it was twenty days and it has reduced now?? because when one of my friends found out about the waiting period at narayanguda showroom they said it was 60 days.. hope it is less than 20 days..

  7. #1047
    Addicted
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    64
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    can R15 V2 be used for touring?.. Can someone share their experience whether it suits the long rides like 300 - 500 kms.. I have booked R15 v2 a month back.. i would be using it for both city riding and touring...

  8. #1048
    Rusted dpak89's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    chennai/coimbatore
    Posts
    1,012
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dpak89 View Post
    We (two strokers) have been exactly following what has been said in manual for decades and still the machine from Yamaha stands as new as it was. So AFAIK changing oil as per Manual is the best option if you also follow the other conditions mentioned in it (rpm etc.)
    Quote Originally Posted by DrVENOM View Post
    Anyways, most people have their own theory of oil-changing intervals during run-in. I myself followed a modified motoman technique during run-in.

    And whatever said and done, most advices and techniques that people put here in xbhp are not concrete rules on how to run-in a bike. Do what you think is right and move on (either early oil change or company manual recommended). And sometimes, people don't realize that today's engineering tolerances and liquid cooled engines are far better capable of achieving a better piston-ring/cylinder wall sealing, compared to previous era of air-cooled engines.
    Well i sense a flavor of sarcasm here!
    And if you read again what i have said you will find that even i have stressed the same point! when old machines are still new when followed as per manual then newer generation should do better. And it was just my view.
    Please read before posting.

    Peace.
    Deepak.
    Rx is a Phoenix!!! It always rise from ashes!!

  9. #1049
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Hyderabad
    Posts
    23
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rahul_pranay View Post
    Are you sure it was twenty days and it has reduced now?? because when one of my friends found out about the waiting period at narayanguda showroom they said it was 60 days.. hope it is less than 20 days..
    ask your friend to find out at somajiguda--- black color(be specific) waiting period.

  10. #1050
    Addicted
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Chennai
    Posts
    112
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dpak89 View Post
    Well i sense a flavor of sarcasm here!
    And if you read again what i have said you will find that even i have stressed the same point! when old machines are still new when followed as per manual then newer generation should do better. And it was just my view.
    Please read before posting.

    Peace.
    Deepak.
    LOL..! Need to mention you that i never read your post in the first place. What made me write that up has got nothing to do with your post. The last few pages of this thread was cluttered with facts & mistakes, so i thought i will straighten things by contributing my best knowledge about running-in. And since you and I have mention and stressed the same point, where exactly is the sarcasm...??

    And the quoted bold part in your post is just a plain fact. You know it.
    Last edited by DrVENOM; 03-15-2012 at 01:34 PM.

Similar Threads

  1. [Photo Feature]: Castrol Karizma:Version 1
    By MG in forum General Biking Discussion
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-09-2012, 06:23 PM
  2. Replies: 1584
    Last Post: 09-06-2011, 02:01 PM
  3. P220 : S-version coming
    By thunderbird_m6 in forum News
    Replies: 528
    Last Post: 10-29-2010, 03:04 PM
  4. [Photo Feature]: Castrol Karizma:Version 2
    By MG in forum General Biking Discussion
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 04-01-2009, 03:58 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •