Since '02 xBhp is different things to different people. From a close knit national community of bikers to India's only motorcycling lifestyle magazine and a place to make like minded biker friends. We have one common religion - Bikeism.

T-shirt
Magazine
Castrol Power 1

Careful with that leaking water tanker ahead.

Our Partners



User Tag List

View Poll Results: For Duke owners- How will you describe your bikes as?

Voters
93. This poll is closed
  • Immaculate piece of fluidity

    51 54.84%
  • Royal Rumbler

    23 24.73%
  • Biking epilogue

    15 16.13%
  • Biggest Indian Failure

    4 4.30%
Page 1244 of 1260 FirstFirst ... 2447441144119412341240124112421243124412451246124712481254 ... LastLast
Results 12,431 to 12,440 of 12597
Like Tree2126Likes

Thread: KTM 200 Duke

  1. #12431
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    ph
    Posts
    6
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: KTM 200 Duke

    Hello, anyone here who knows the part number of the screw set that holds the brake lever? Will Pulsar 200's screw work too? TIA

  2. #12432
    s1d
    s1d is offline
    Rusted
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    3,405
    Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: KTM 200 Duke

    Quote Originally Posted by iantec View Post
    Hello, anyone here who knows the part number of the screw set that holds the brake lever? Will Pulsar 200's screw work too? TIA
    are you talking about the front brake lever or the rear ? am not sure of either part number.
    if its the front, do try the P180/220/200ns screw if you do manage to get one.. local spares shop are a better bet and they usually have an assortment of nuts and bolts (the lever, at least the clutch lever is a direct fit from the pulsar which is what i am using)

    ----consecutive posts auto-merged-----

    Quote Originally Posted by kundalus View Post
    So I did my chain cleaning & adjustment today to contain chain slapping. The front sprocket is still good, with normal teeth but I can still hear a bit of hissing sound at low speed. I showed it to SVC yesterday morning, they said no need to replace. It looked in decent shape.
    try using the nulon grease spray.. a thin coat once over does wonders.
    The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. That's the essence of it.

  3. #12433
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    ph
    Posts
    6
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: KTM 200 Duke

    Quote Originally Posted by s1d View Post
    are you talking about the front brake lever or the rear ? am not sure of either part number.
    if its the front, do try the P180/220/200ns screw if you do manage to get one.. local spares shop are a better bet and they usually have an assortment of nuts and bolts (the lever, at least the clutch lever is a direct fit from the pulsar which is what i am using)

    ----consecutive posts auto-merged-----


    try using the nulon grease spray.. a thin coat once over does wonders.
    Sorry wasn't too clear.yes it is the front brake lever. Will try to shop around. Thanks for your suggestions!

  4. #12434
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    4
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: KTM 200 Duke

    A peculiar problem and a self inflected one. Couple of years ago got my duke 200 frame stickered with orange color. Over the due course of the years the sticker started peeling off and has taken the black paint of the frame along with it. Now the frame has started to rust in the outer layer. SVC refuses to remove the rust and repaint the frame. What do i do ?

  5. #12435
    Addicted Wilson4willy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Ranchi
    Posts
    116
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: KTM 200 Duke

    Quote Originally Posted by krunal1981 View Post
    A peculiar problem and a self inflected one. Couple of years ago got my duke 200 frame stickered with orange color. Over the due course of the years the sticker started peeling off and has taken the black paint of the frame along with it. Now the frame has started to rust in the outer layer. SVC refuses to remove the rust and repaint the frame. What do i do ?
    Get the frame repainted by any trusted and good automobile painting shop.

  6. #12436
    Rookie Omkar Santosh Naik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    15
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: KTM 200 Duke

    Got some nice bar end mirrors and bar end weights, no more ugly mirror stalks and also vibes reduced at handlebars due to the weights.
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1QiW...w?usp=drivesdk
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Jjh...w?usp=drivesdk

  7. #12437
    Moderator B7ACKTHORN's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    TN/TS Ooty/Telangana
    Posts
    6,923
    Blog Entries
    1
    Mentioned
    224 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

    Post Re: KTM 200 Duke

    Quote Originally Posted by Omkar Santosh Naik View Post
    Got some nice bar end mirrors and bar end weights, no more ugly mirror stalks and also vibes reduced at handlebars due to the weights.
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1QiW...w?usp=drivesdk
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Jjh...w?usp=drivesdk
    A looker indeed. Don't forget to provide the details, price and the DIY time factor for the mirror setup.

    Quote Originally Posted by krunal1981 View Post
    A peculiar problem and a self inflected one. Couple of years ago got my duke 200 frame stickered with orange color. Over the due course of the years the sticker started peeling off and has taken the black paint of the frame along with it. Now the frame has started to rust in the outer layer. SVC refuses to remove the rust and repaint the frame. What do i do ?
    Once paint start to peel from chassis, they form a continuous peel pattern and overtime lead to rusting. As the bhpian pointed out, get the chassis thoroughly primered and powder coated from an experienced hand.

    Cheers!
    VJ
    Once upon a time, a guy asked a girl 'Will you marry me?'
    The girl said, 'NO!'


    And the guy lived happily ever after and rode motorcycles and watched sport on a big screen TV, went fishing and surfing, and played golf a lot, and drank beer and scotch and had tons of money in the bank and left the toilet seat up and farted whenever he wanted.


    THE END

  8. #12438
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    Bengaluru
    Posts
    27
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: KTM 200 Duke

    Guys,
    I having this false neutral problem in my 1.5 years old D200.
    Some say false neutral will happen at higher gear but for me it is happening whenever im shifting from 1st to 2nd(Obviously neutral is between).
    But even with proper shifting it goes to neutral, once it goes to neutral, i have to always pull gear lever harder to shift to 2nd(but it is not smooth).

    So i wanted to know, it is my bad habit that im not shifting gear properly or any mechanical problem with the bike??
    TIA

    P.S : It is NOT going to 2nd and coming back to N. It is directly going to N and then i have to engage the clutch and change it to 2nd. Very annoying.

  9. #12439
    Rookie shibinam007's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    wayanad, kerala
    Posts
    20
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: KTM 200 Duke

    Guys, I am new here. I am working as a clerk in a bank and it is 7 km from my home. So my daily travel will be around 15 to 20km to travel and planning to do small trips on Saturdays, So what's your opinion guys? should I go for d200? i did test drived this beast and I have to say that I am already in love this. But my Only concern is seating,. I found the pillion seat too small. can I ride this bike as my sister as a pillion? my budget is 1.75 lk. max I can stretch it to 1.8k. And I need around 35 km as mileage? is there any good alternatives or should I go for duke??

  10. #12440
    Rusted
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    387
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: KTM 200 Duke

    Quote Originally Posted by shibinam007 View Post
    Guys, I am new here. I am working as a clerk in a bank and it is 7 km from my home. So my daily travel will be around 15 to 20km to travel and planning to do small trips on Saturdays, So what's your opinion guys? should I go for d200? i did test drived this beast and I have to say that I am already in love this. But my Only concern is seating,. I found the pillion seat too small. can I ride this bike as my sister as a pillion? my budget is 1.75 lk. max I can stretch it to 1.8k. And I need around 35 km as mileage? is there any good alternatives or should I go for duke??
    If this will be your only bike for commuting then drop the idea of duke . Go for commuter bike instead

Similar Threads

  1. classic 350 or ktm duke 200
    By alhad in forum What Bike?
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 07-11-2012, 01:27 AM
  2. N250 or R15 or DUKE 200
    By einZiel in forum What Bike?
    Replies: 35
    Last Post: 06-07-2012, 07:07 PM
  3. The Duke dose.....
    By ridingsoul in forum What Bike?
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 04-11-2012, 10:26 PM
  4. New KTM 690 Duke prototype
    By rx100.7050 in forum News
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 12-11-2011, 11:28 AM
  5. KTM 690 Duke - In india ?
    By rossbiker in forum Superbike And Imports
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-17-2009, 02:44 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •