Since '02 xBhp is different things to different people. From a close knit national community of bikers to India's only motorcycling lifestyle magazine and a place to make like-minded biker friends. Join us

#xBhpAxorHelmet #2

Axor
Castrol Power 1

Scan – see – think – act.

Our Partners

User Tag List

Page 289 of 426 FirstFirst ... 189239279285286287288289290291292293299339389 ... LastLast
Results 2,881 to 2,890 of 4251
Like Tree1082Likes

Thread: Honda CBR 150 R

  1. #2881
    Addicted Dhiman Jyoti Sarmah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    88
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Honda CBR 150 R

    Quote Originally Posted by Alwin Raj View Post
    Guys, what is the engine idling speed in your baby blade.. i am getting it around 1.6k to 2k RPM ... seems its bit high... Can anyone advice me on this ?
    nothing to worry i guess. Even mine has the similar RPMs, around 1.8k.

  2. #2882
    Rookie Tarun Rai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Indore
    Posts
    14
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Honda CBR 150 R

    Quote Originally Posted by Vykier View Post
    Does that happen when engine is cold? Or after it's running (engine temps at 3bars)?

    If it's the former... No issues... Rpms go high while engine is cold... But if it's adequately heated and still idles at 2k then get it checked at ASC.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk.

    I don't think the idling rpm will depend on whether the engine is cold or hot. rpm of an engine depends upon the amount of fuel that is injected into the engine cylinders and which is controlled by us through accelerator throttle. a petrol engine never gets hot enough to burn the fumes of fuel and air mixture in it unlike a diesel engine which will give better fuel economy when it is hot than when it is cold. hence diesel engines are started earlier to get warm a little before starting the ride.

    in petrol engine fumes of petrol and air are burned through spark and the range to which the flames get propagated. only when engine is totally cold(early morning cold) and you are starting it for the first time then choke will automatically get on and higher idling rpm will be shown but that will be hardly for 3 or 4 minutes, after that the idling rpm shown will be your idling rpm whether engine is cool, warm or hot.

    I to have a cbr 150r and i too think tha the idling is higher than it should be....if i release my clutch slowly at first gear, the bike will start moving forward at a good speed, where u can lift ur legs!!! , which is not good, idling rpm should be enough only for engine to be alive and other electronics system to be supported, if one try to release clutch and vehicle moves on that idling fuel supply, that means that excess petrol is getting wasted. vehicle should move only when accelerator is pressed. i made similar observation in my car also. guess it is common to leave idling rpm to bit at higher end in FIP engines, remember i m not talking about petrol engines that use carburetors.

  3. #2883
    Addicted Akash Makkar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Mumbai
    Posts
    96
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Honda CBR 150 R

    Guys, what wattage is the headlight bulb? The manual says 35W but I read almost everywhere that it is 55W. That's confusing.
    @Tarun- In car it is helpful to have an idle which allows the car to move without the need of accelerator, in reversing and driving uphill in bumper to bumper traffic. If you reduce the idle of Cbr, engine will become sluggish, that's what I think, very less low end torque.
    Last edited by Akash Makkar; 10-10-2013 at 11:50 AM.

  4. #2884
    Rusted mulli84's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Chennai
    Posts
    409
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Honda CBR 150 R

    CBR150R is a high rev engine and short stroke one. So it should be in the 1.8k range. Once I started the bike after two weeks and the idle rpm shot to 2k during cold start. Then after 30 seconds, it came down to 1.8k
    @ Tarun,
    I think the idle rpm is perfect. After all, Honda does know what to do with their bikes. And the mileage of the CBR is commending for such a high rev bike

    P.S: I thank Xbhp and its members for making me to note even the slightest details in driving!
    Sometimes you gotta run before you can walk ! - Tony Stark

    Sometimes in Driving, being patient for a matter of seconds can save your LIFE!

  5. #2885
    Rookie redfrog88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Bangalore
    Posts
    5
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Honda CBR 150 R

    Quote Originally Posted by Tarun Rai View Post
    I don't think the idling rpm will depend on whether the engine is cold or hot. rpm of an engine depends upon the amount of fuel that is injected into the engine cylinders and which is controlled by us through accelerator throttle. a petrol engine never gets hot enough to burn the fumes of fuel and air mixture in it unlike a diesel engine which will give better fuel economy when it is hot than when it is cold. hence diesel engines are started earlier to get warm a little before starting the ride.

    in petrol engine fumes of petrol and air are burned through spark and the range to which the flames get propagated. only when engine is totally cold(early morning cold) and you are starting it for the first time then choke will automatically get on and higher idling rpm will be shown but that will be hardly for 3 or 4 minutes, after that the idling rpm shown will be your idling rpm whether engine is cool, warm or hot.

    I to have a cbr 150r and i too think tha the idling is higher than it should be....if i release my clutch slowly at first gear, the bike will start moving forward at a good speed, where u can lift ur legs!!! , which is not good, idling rpm should be enough only for engine to be alive and other electronics system to be supported, if one try to release clutch and vehicle moves on that idling fuel supply, that means that excess petrol is getting wasted. vehicle should move only when accelerator is pressed. i made similar observation in my car also. guess it is common to leave idling rpm to bit at higher end in FIP engines, remember i m not talking about petrol engines that use carburetors.
    There are some differences between commuting vehicle and performance vehicle. We have a huge torque in lower rev range in commuting vehicles but in performance machines we need a high power delivery at higher rev ranges.

    So generally we get a low torque at initial rev ranges in performance bikes.. But as baby blade is intended not only for tracks but for daily usage also, it requires some power in initials. That's why they kept a little more idling just to make the bike a little easier to ride in traffic.

    And as far as my knowledge, the idling also depends on the quality of fuel a bit.

    Sent from my Titanium S5 using xBhp Connect mobile app

  6. #2886
    Addicted Akash Makkar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Mumbai
    Posts
    96
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Honda CBR 150 R

    Any one who can confirm what is the wattage of the headlight bulb in Cbr150r? Manual says 35W.

  7. #2887
    Rookie redfrog88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Bangalore
    Posts
    5
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Honda CBR 150 R

    Quote Originally Posted by Akash Makkar View Post
    Any one who can confirm what is the wattage of the headlight bulb in Cbr150r? Manual says 35W.
    Its 55w h4

    Sent from my Titanium S5 using xBhp Connect mobile app

  8. #2888
    Rookie Tarun Rai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Indore
    Posts
    14
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Honda CBR 150 R

    I love my baby blade....no doubt in that.....but sometime i wonder if the idling rpm could have been lower...cause as a normal indian ...i too worry abt petrol consumptions...so whenever i stop i have generated a habbit of switching off the engine. but now i m in doubt whether this regular switching off and on in traffic will harm my bike.....in someway or other....who knows just to save some bucks on petrol i may do some bigger damage....very low chances...but still.....and the most trusted thing in this bike is honda's engine....which i m always confident while mentioning among my frnds ....that though there are some small shortcomings.....i have what u guys(my cheap pulsar frnds) can never have unless u buy a honda... :P
    Last edited by Tarun Rai; 10-10-2013 at 03:05 PM.

  9. #2889
    Rookie redfrog88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Bangalore
    Posts
    5
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Honda CBR 150 R

    Quote Originally Posted by Tarun Rai View Post
    I love my baby blade....no doubt in that.....but sometime i wonder if the idling rpm could have been lower...cause as a normal indian ...i too worry abt petrol consumptions...so whenever i stop i have generated a habbit of switching off the engine. but now i m in doubt whether this regular switching off and on in traffic will harm my bike.....in someway or other....who knows just to save some bucks on petrol i may do some bigger damage....very low chances...but still.....and the most trusted thing in this bike is honda's engine....which i m always confident while mentioning among my frnds ....that though there are some small shortcomings.....i have what u guys(my cheap pulsar frnds) can never have unless u buy a honda... :P
    Switching off the engine in signals is a good habit indeed. But one have to be aware of the time for which the engine needs to be killed. Generally i turn it off only if a signal is closed for more than 30secs. If you you turn it off for less than that time i don't think it will save any petrol.

    And in very slow traffic i prefer my engine to be on as the radiator helps it to keep the temperature stable.

    Sent from my Titanium S5 using xBhp Connect mobile app

  10. #2890
    Rusted mulli84's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Chennai
    Posts
    409
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Honda CBR 150 R

    Quote Originally Posted by Tarun Rai View Post
    I love my baby blade....no doubt in that.....but sometime i wonder if the idling rpm could have been lower...cause as a normal indian ...i too worry abt petrol consumptions...so whenever i stop i have generated a habbit of switching off the engine. but now i m in doubt whether this regular switching off and on in traffic will harm my bike.....in someway or other....who knows just to save some bucks on petrol i may do some bigger damage....very low chances...but still.....and the most trusted thing in this bike is honda's engine....which i m always confident while mentioning among my frnds ....that though there are some small shortcomings.....i have what u guys(my cheap pulsar frnds) can never have unless u buy a honda... :P

    I never switch off the engine when I need to stop for a signal in heavy traffic. The radiator will be doing its duty. The bike is built for touring and not for heavy commuting. The bike gives very decent mileage during highway rides.


    P.S: And if ur really concerned abt the fuel savings, you should have considered the Unicorn!
    Sometimes you gotta run before you can walk ! - Tony Stark

    Sometimes in Driving, being patient for a matter of seconds can save your LIFE!

Similar Threads

  1. Honda Aviator ,Honda Activa or Suzuki Access
    By Bestofrivals in forum What Bike?
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: 08-19-2011, 10:15 PM
  2. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-20-2011, 03:07 AM
  3. honda unicorn dazzler Vs honda stunner fi
    By NubieDriver in forum What Bike?
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 06-09-2011, 02:37 AM
  4. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 05-08-2011, 02:29 PM
  5. Honda Wing World - Exclusive showroom of Honda's Superbikes!
    By Aryan in forum General Biking Discussion
    Replies: 42
    Last Post: 03-30-2010, 10:49 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •