Since '02 xBhp is different things to different people. From a close knit national community of bikers to India's only motorcycling lifestyle magazine and a place to make like-minded biker friends. Join us

Castrol Power 1

Work on your panic braking skills.

Our Partners

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

KTM Duke 390 - Ownership Reviews and Experiences

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Re: KTM 390 - The original Hooligan - Ownership Thread

    a second fan for radiator and engine ice should work if we can get hold of. or if someone tries it first .

    all these discussion looks so good without a bike ... hehe

    Comment


    • Re: KTM 390 - The original Hooligan - Ownership Thread

      Originally posted by abhifusion View Post
      Made Swingarm Sliders my D390
      Did you just say made? How and how much did it cost you?

      Comment


      • Re: KTM 390 - The original Hooligan - Ownership Thread

        I actually have an idea for diverting the hot air away from the riders legs. It includes using of the trellis frame for adding or fixing a hard plastic sheet of 3-5mm thickness that can be placed inside the frame on both sides of the bike so that hot air doesn't hit riders legs but will pass through the engine.

        I am not sure how effective it will be or what side effects it might have in other components. This sheet can be applied only on top part of the frame. Making it such a way that it doesn't look ugly.

        I am going to try this once i get my hands on this motorcycle.
        2007 - Hero Honda CBZ Xtreme
        2008 - Yamaha YZF R15
        2009 - Hero Honda CBZ Xtreme
        2013 - KTM 390 Duke
        2017 - Yamaha FZ25

        Comment


        • Re: KTM 390 - The original Hooligan - Ownership Thread

          Originally posted by abhifusion View Post
          Made Swingarm Sliders my D390 [ATTACH=CONFIG]114313[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]114314[/ATTACH]
          MADE O.O

          Detailed procedure on how you made it please
          --
          I'd rather be riding my motorcycle thinking about God than sitting in church thinking about my motorcycle.

          2012 - Honda Unicorn
          2013 - Duke 390 (Booked - Cancelled)
          2014 - RC 390 (Waiting)

          Comment


          • Re: KTM 390 - The original Hooligan - Ownership Thread

            Originally posted by [email protected] View Post


            Since the manufacturer's have done what they can to either overcome or control the heat. I was thinking of a way to solve this heating issue

            Coming to the Idea : Since our RTA Authoritied have banned using sun films on our 4 wheelers, How about wrapping this Sun film to our riding pants

            Can I have some of that stuff you are smoking?

            Comment


            • Re: KTM 390 - The original Hooligan - Ownership Thread

              Originally posted by riazmomin View Post
              I actually have an idea for diverting the hot air away from the riders legs. It includes using of the trellis frame for adding or fixing a hard plastic sheet of 3-5mm thickness that can be placed inside the frame on both sides of the bike so that hot air doesn't hit riders legs but will pass through the engine.

              I am not sure how effective it will be or what side effects it might have in other components. This sheet can be applied only on top part of the frame. Making it such a way that it doesn't look ugly.

              I am going to try this once i get my hands on this motorcycle.
              Plastic may melt&cause problems bro.

              Sent from my Galaxy Note using xBhp Connect mobile app
              Quench my thirst with gasoline!

              Comment


              • Re: KTM 390 - The original Hooligan - Ownership Thread

                Lathe + delrin + machining

                Comment


                • Re: KTM 390 - The original Hooligan - Ownership Thread

                  I have another suggestion about heating:

                  - Try some big 600-1000 cc bike for an hour in city traffic.
                  - Get proper burns on your legs.
                  - Sit on D390 and its radiator fan will feel like a cool breeze. Problem solved!

                  On a serious note, they say Engine Ice coolant keeps the engine noticeably cooler.
                  And Motul 300v oil will also keep the engine cooler than 7100.
                  The combination of these two should help considerably.

                  Comment


                  • Re: KTM 390 - The original Hooligan - Ownership Thread

                    And Motul 300v oil will also keep the engine cooler than 7100.
                    The combination of these two should help considerably.[/QUOTE]

                    Motul 300v is much hotter than motul 7100.I had used both of them in my d200.

                    Sent from my ST18i using xBhp Connect mobile app

                    Comment


                    • Re: KTM 390 - The original Hooligan - Ownership Thread

                      Originally posted by splus View Post
                      I have another suggestion about heating:

                      - Try some big 600-1000 cc bike for an hour in city traffic.
                      - Get proper burns on your legs.
                      - Sit on D390 and its radiator fan will feel like a cool breeze. Problem solved!

                      On a serious note, they say Engine Ice coolant keeps the engine noticeably cooler.
                      And Motul 300v oil will also keep the engine cooler than 7100.
                      The combination of these two should help considerably.
                      ...and where do I get that 600-1000cc bike to ride for an hour???

                      ----consecutive posts auto-merged-----

                      Originally posted by [email protected] View Post

                      Since the manufacturer's have done what they can to either overcome or control the heat. I was thinking of a way to solve this heating issue

                      Coming to the Idea : Since our RTA Authoritied have banned using sun films on our 4 wheelers, How about wrapping this Sun film to our riding pants
                      You're going to create a new style statement my friend...

                      Comment


                      • Re: KTM 390 - The original Hooligan - Ownership Thread

                        Sunfilm for riding pants??

                        I think it wont work. Sun films are manufactured to keep off passing sunlight, thus reducing the heat we recieve from sun. Here the heat is from radiator fan, hot air flowing out of it. Sun film would not reduce temperature of it in any manner.

                        Please refer to the wikipedia link on how sun film works. Window insulation film - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

                        Comment


                        • Re: KTM 390 - The original Hooligan - Ownership Thread

                          Congratulations @atul_chang for owning this awesome bike ... Also thanks for starting this much awaited thread on ownership review ... I liked your short ride review and the way you have managed to cover almost all types of roads including city streets, highways, ghats and also off-roads .... Looking forward to a similar long ride review from your side !

                          Do join our online FB community for Mumbai and Navi-Mumbai KTM 390 Duke owners with 50+ members out of which already 4 lucky chaps own this monster !

                          Hope other D390 owners also start contributing to this thread and help us understand it better
                          LIVE AND LET LIVE
                          Please Contribute ->
                          Weekend Getaways for Mumbai Tourers !!!

                          Comment


                          • Re: KTM 390 - The original Hooligan - Ownership Thread

                            Originally posted by kkamaleshh View Post
                            Motul 300v is much hotter than motul 7100.I had used both of them in my d200.

                            Sent from my ST18i using xBhp Connect mobile app
                            That's strange. Because others have reported cooler engine with 300v.
                            Being a finer oil with less friction, it makes sense that it'll run cooler.
                            Less friction - less heat.

                            Comment


                            • Re: KTM 390 - The original Hooligan - Ownership Thread

                              Originally posted by psv_krishna View Post
                              Sunfilm for riding pants??

                              I think it wont work. Sun films are manufactured to keep off passing sunlight, thus reducing the heat we recieve from sun. Here the heat is from radiator fan, hot air flowing out of it. Sun film would not reduce temperature of it in any manner.

                              Please refer to the wikipedia link on how sun film works. Window insulation film - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
                              Yeah, I second this and if the heating issue is that bothersome then I guess a redirection mod, using plastic fins would better serve the purpose. But then nakeds are supposed to be hot and its something you get acclimated to. Just my 2 cents and apologies if I have offended anyone's feeling. Cheers

                              Comment


                              • Re: KTM 390 - The original Hooligan - Ownership Thread

                                Originally posted by Sarvajit View Post
                                Plastic may melt&cause problems bro.

                                Sent from my Galaxy Note using xBhp Connect mobile app
                                Got it, but I was talking about the sheet used as substitute for glass in many construction areas.
                                Bit this idea might not work because there is very less gap between the engine and the frame.
                                2007 - Hero Honda CBZ Xtreme
                                2008 - Yamaha YZF R15
                                2009 - Hero Honda CBZ Xtreme
                                2013 - KTM 390 Duke
                                2017 - Yamaha FZ25

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X