Since '02 xBhp is different things to different people. From a close knit national community of bikers to India's only motorcycling lifestyle magazine and a place to make like-minded biker friends. Join us

Castrol Power 1

Fatigue, sleepiness, & alcohol are the same.

Our Partners

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

KTM Duke 390 - Ownership Reviews and Experiences

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Re: KTM Duke 390 - Ownership Reviews and Experiences

    Results from the osram night breaker unlimited : all in all very happy. The low beam has a good spread, with good brightness. The high beam has a light bluish tint, and is far enough.
    Definitely would recommend if anyone is looking for brightness without using hid or led.
    Got them from snapdeal: 1700 for a pair.
    Attached Files
    Ride safe!

    Comment


    • Re: KTM Duke 390 - Ownership Reviews and Experiences

      Hello guys,

      I have clicked around 8600kms on my RC 390 and it's time for the rear tyre change. I checked a few dealers in Delhi and the best quote I got so far is

      Michelin 5550

      Metzeler 9000

      Is there any chance of getting better price?

      Comment


      • Re: KTM Duke 390 - Ownership Reviews and Experiences

        Originally posted by Nickyboy View Post
        Hello guys,

        I have clicked around 8600kms on my RC 390 and it's time for the rear tyre change. I checked a few dealers in Delhi and the best quote I got so far is

        Michelin 5550

        Metzeler 9000

        Is there any chance of getting better price?
        Metzeler rear tyre for 9000 seems a little overpriced. I think the cost here in Pune is around 8600/-.
        Michelin seems good enough. If you are"nt a track junkie, I suppose Michelin would be the better choice. You lose a lil grip, save some dough and maybe even get rid of the occasional puncture. I myself have faced around 5 punctures. Michelin would also last a little longer than the metz.
        Last edited by rohangk; 01-23-2016, 11:41 PM.
        What do you call a biker who does not wear a helmet? An organ donor.

        Comment


        • Re: KTM Duke 390 - Ownership Reviews and Experiences

          Originally posted by Nickyboy View Post
          Hello guys,

          I have clicked around 8600kms on my RC 390 and it's time for the rear tyre change. I checked a few dealers in Delhi and the best quote I got so far is

          Michelin 5550

          Metzeler 9000

          Is there any chance of getting better price?
          Michelin 5550 is pretty good actually I got mine for 6500 here in pune! Metzeler the ktm svc is quoting 8700 here so that sounds ok. Personally I feel if you can afford it go for the metzeler.
          Ride safe!

          Comment


          • Re: KTM Duke 390 - Ownership Reviews and Experiences

            Originally posted by Nickyboy View Post
            Hello guys,

            I have clicked around 8600kms on my RC 390 and it's time for the rear tyre change. I checked a few dealers in Delhi and the best quote I got so far is

            Michelin 5550

            Metzeler 9000

            Is there any chance of getting better price?
            Have you checked in karol bagh Nai walan .. I bought some tyres for my pulsar 220 and got the best price ..
            For eg . irc road winner rx-01 130/70/17 made in thailand - 2500
            Mrf Revz S 130/70/17 - 2600
            Irc road winner Rx-01 140/70/17 - 2900
            Zapper fy1 90/80/17 - 1650
            At Globe Engineering .
            If I share My personal experience it is 5 out of 5 ... I changed my bike's rear tyre 3 times every time after some 500-1000 kms because of some or other reasons and the person attending was very good to me, I changed from IRC to Revz S to IRC 140/70/17 within a period of 1 month
            >>>>Beware of Zombies<<<<
            The Best way is a Highway!!!!!

            Comment


            • Re: KTM Duke 390 - Ownership Reviews and Experiences

              Originally posted by RoyalIndian
              2016 KTM RC390

              Image courtesy of [MENTION=80712]TrippieHippie[/MENTION]

              [ATTACH]202545[/ATTACH]
              What's the difference?

              Comment


              • Re: KTM Duke 390 - Ownership Reviews and Experiences

                Originally posted by jack_daniels View Post
                Bro, ur using the wrong grade of oil IMO. AFAIK u can change the former portion of 15W50, i.e. 10W50 or 20W50. But, u can't change the later part of the equation, like 15W40, 15W30, etc.

                Update: Did 1st servicing today @ 1003 kms. Bike has become awesome and really smooth now. Servicing here is very good. I'm fully satisfied. [emoji4] Beginning to see the full 44bhp power of the Duke unfold now.😀😀
                Svc tuning the rpm, abs, service interval, etc:
                What are the main things you noticed after service 1? Also what engine oil did they use now?

                Comment


                • Re: KTM Duke 390 - Ownership Reviews and Experiences

                  Originally posted by judebrent View Post
                  What are the main things you noticed after service 1? Also what engine oil did they use now?
                  Main thing is the gears have become really long now: Courtesy of the svc guys tuning the rpm limit from 5.5 rpm to 7.5 rpm. It seems like the stalling problem is gone as the gears have become so much more tolerant towards the lower rpm ranges.
                  Also, performance has increased, heat has reduced courtesy Fully synthetic 7100 engine oil. These are the only things I can say as of now. Haven't ridden much after service.

                  But, of course these are only initial impressions. Real character of the bike will come to the fore only after 2-3 weeks I believe.

                  Comment


                  • Re: KTM Duke 390 - Ownership Reviews and Experiences

                    Originally posted by jack_daniels View Post
                    Main thing is the gears have become really long now: Courtesy of the svc guys tuning the rpm limit from 5.5 rpm to 7.5 rpm. It seems like the stalling problem is gone as the gears have become so much more tolerant towards the lower rpm ranges.
                    Also, performance has increased, heat has reduced courtesy Fully synthetic 7100 engine oil. These are the only things I can say as of now. Haven't ridden much after service.

                    But, of course these are only initial impressions. Real character of the bike will come to the fore only after 2-3 weeks I believe.
                    So all this while your RPM wouldn't cross 5.5K?

                    Comment


                    • Re: KTM Duke 390 - Ownership Reviews and Experiences

                      Originally posted by judebrent View Post
                      So all this while your RPM wouldn't cross 5.5K?
                      It will cross rpm shift light will blink at 5.5k rpm

                      Comment


                      • Re: KTM Duke 390 - Ownership Reviews and Experiences

                        Originally posted by killer_180 View Post
                        Results from the osram night breaker unlimited : all in all very happy. The low beam has a good spread, with good brightness. The high beam has a light bluish tint, and is far enough.
                        Definitely would recommend if anyone is looking for brightness without using hid or led.
                        Got them from snapdeal: 1700 for a pair.

                        Looks nice, how is this in comparison with Philips Xtreme vision?

                        Comment


                        • Re: KTM Duke 390 - Ownership Reviews and Experiences

                          Originally posted by judebrent View Post
                          Looks nice, how is this in comparison with Philips Xtreme vision?
                          AFAIK Philips Xtreme vision is better than Osram NB. It's a widely acknowledged fact. I think Philips' shelf-life is also higher than Osram NBs.

                          Comment


                          • Re: KTM Duke 390 - Ownership Reviews and Experiences

                            Originally posted by Chandan92 View Post
                            It will cross rpm shift light will blink at 5.5k rpm

                            yeah, the shift light on my new bike is 7.5K RPM!

                            Comment


                            • Re: KTM Duke 390 - Ownership Reviews and Experiences

                              Shift light is programmable. It can be set at 2 rpms.
                              #RetiredRider
                              #KeyboardWarrior

                              Comment


                              • Re: KTM Duke 390 - Ownership Reviews and Experiences

                                Originally posted by deville_56 View Post
                                Shift light is programmable. It can be set at 2 rpms.

                                Aware! There are videos on YouTube too showing how to do it on a 200 for instance. I just thought the RPM was locked in a way that it wouldn't exceed 7.5K RPM. That's what someone at the showroom told me when I got the bike, no matter what you do, it'll not cross 7.5K RPM. But he's wrong :P

                                ----consecutive posts auto-merged-----

                                Originally posted by smoker n doper View Post
                                I hope this helps. Since you have already purchased the motorcycle, its better to stop bothering about all this and just Ride on.



                                Yes, its the manufacturing date which matters. Difference is you have already booked and I am waiting for the 2016 batch to arrive so that I can make the payment and buy it. KTM here is asking me to wait till Feb end or March and then buy in one shot rather than booking it now and then waiting for a month.
                                [MENTION=54046]Chandan92[/MENTION] [MENTION=22452]smoker n doper[/MENTION] [MENTION=31897]rakshit rana[/MENTION] Remember our discussion on the date of manufacture in the RC book and its impact on resale? Well, I just received my RC. Month of Manufacture is 01/2016 and registration is 13th Jan, 2016. Hope the RC now qualifies the bike as a Jan, 2016 model all in all? Please advice. Thanks
                                Attached Files

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X