Since '02 xBhp is different things to different people. From a close knit national community of bikers to India's only motorcycling lifestyle magazine and a place to make like-minded biker friends. Join us

Castrol Power 1

Hot days = molten tar = slip/slide.

Our Partners

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fiero/FieroF2/FieroFx

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Sarvajit View Post
    I think you are right...according to this article (the same apparatus was used for testing yesterday), the findings are correct.
    http://www.tradervar.com/KAL4780.pdf
    Please confirm for the last time-I'm getting upto 15.5V without load&14.2 with load but the difference is I'm not using the load button, rather switching on the headlight to take load.
    u tested with digital or analog multimeter?
    ok wait will discuss to my friends rep u later

    Comment


    • Originally posted by remortr View Post
      u tested with digital or analog multimeter?
      Digital bro, the same box (clips etc.) that is there in that article.
      Quench my thirst with gasoline!

      Comment


      • Friends,

        When I ride my Fiero till 80kmph, it is fine. After that if I still pull it till 90-100kmph, the sound of the engine is very bad its kind of rough & feels like a Generator has been started. What could be the reason for this?. My bike has clocked 95434kms. Regular running of 60-70kms & oil change interval 1500kms.

        Please help.


        Vishal
        Id rather be on my motorcycle and think about God than be in temple and think about my motorcycle!!

        Comment


        • Originally posted by imjoshee View Post
          Friends,

          When I ride my Fiero till 80kmph, it is fine. After that if I still pull it till 90-100kmph, the sound of the engine is very bad its kind of rough & feels like a Generator has been started. What could be the reason for this?. My bike has clocked 95434kms. Regular running of 60-70kms & oil change interval 1500kms.

          Please help.


          Vishal
          its a common problem in old bikes just overhaul u r engine

          Comment


          • Originally posted by imjoshee View Post
            Friends,

            When I ride my Fiero till 80kmph, it is fine. After that if I still pull it till 90-100kmph, the sound of the engine is very bad its kind of rough & feels like a Generator has been started. What could be the reason for this?. My bike has clocked 95434kms. Regular running of 60-70kms & oil change interval 1500kms.

            Please help.
            Vishal
            I have a 2000 model Suzuki Fiero which has run 39500 kilometers. I overhauled and decarbonized the engine 2k kms back. The performance and refinement has improved a lot. The bike is much better after moving to a semi synthetic oil - Shell VSX 10W-40.
            Last edited by PatienceWins; 03-21-2010, 01:10 PM.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by remortr View Post
              its a common problem in old bikes just overhaul u r engine
              Originally posted by PatienceWins View Post
              I have a 2000 model Suzuki Fiero which has run 39500 kilometers. I overhauled and decarbonized the engine 2k kms back. The performance and refinement has improved a lot. The bike is much better after moving to a semi synthetic oil - Shell VSX 10W-40.
              Thanks for the replies. But one more question here.

              I already have a new cylinder,piston,piston rings,valve sets which have done close to 30k kms.Is there anything else that I need to upgrade to? I am currently using 20w40 elf moto gold.

              Should I change to a different grade oil?
              Also if I switch back to 20w40 grade will there be any effect on the engine?

              Vishal
              Id rather be on my motorcycle and think about God than be in temple and think about my motorcycle!!

              Comment


              • Originally posted by imjoshee View Post
                Thanks for the replies. But one more question here.

                I already have a new cylinder,piston,piston rings,valve sets which have done close to 30k kms.Is there anything else that I need to upgrade to? I am currently using 20w40 elf moto gold.

                Should I change to a different grade oil?
                Also if I switch back to 20w40 grade will there be any effect on the engine?

                Vishal
                i think its time to de carbonizes

                Comment


                • Dear Guys pls help........MIleage Issue

                  I am checking mileage from reserve to reserve using tachometer and it is giving only 36 km/l but when I went to service personnel, he checked the spark plug and says that mileage is around 50 km/l

                  And when I checked the mileage manually using calculator with no of kms run divided by total quantity of petrol poured, it is showing 42.56 km/l (20 litres in total)


                  I am confused, pls help me where is the mistake going on.

                  If the reserve is not showing properly then where is the petrol disappearing and what about spark plug?

                  What is wrong?

                  pls help

                  Comment


                  • hi all,

                    i have a 2001 Suzuki Fiero which has clocked a genuine 26,000 odd kms.

                    The company supplied tires (tubetype) are still on the bike with the rear showing signs that a replacement is due.

                    I had an unpleasant experience yesterday. The first flat on the rear tire and I had a tough time finding someone to fix it. Was at the Sarjapur road office and it was past 6.30pm and no one was ready to come and help. I did not push the bike to the repair shop as it was more than a km away and this would have ripped the valve off the tube.

                    Finally after 2 hours I got the tire (or tube) fixed and reached home.

                    Over the weekend I want to switch to tubeless tires (front & rear). I have some queries on this.

                    1. Which brand of tubeless tires do i go for? i have heard that michelin's are good. Suggestions and reviews on personal experiences will be appreciated.

                    2. Can i get a wider tire for the rear without compromising on handling? Mileage drop is not a concern though since i only get 35kmpl (hard acceleration, hard engine braking are major culprits )

                    Also the front fork is leaking oil on the right strut. This happens regularly and the fork oil seal has been replaced a couple of times in the past. I havent crashed or bumped into anything or anyone for this to get leaky.... maybe a hard bump into a pothole may have caused this. Any reliable solution in addition to replacing the fork oil seal?

                    other than this the bike is a pleasure to ride. accelerates smoothly to over 60kmph in a blink... and over 120kmph on an open road.... (p.s. All readings are speedo indicated).

                    Sometimes i feel this bike is pretty quick off the block (not comparing to the karizma's and other bigger siblings) and once i even managed to outrun an RX on acceleration. Dont ask me how... even I was surprised.

                    To me this is one of the quickest bikes i have ever owned and ridden... i wonder how shocked the ninja will leave me once it finally is delivered.

                    Dont have the heart to sell the bike but my mechanic has been haunting me to sell the bike to him.
                    ATGATT - Because hospital ceilings are boring !!!

                    Comment


                    • Hey Aditya,

                      26k on a 2001 model indicates low running.

                      If you need to upgrade to Tubeless(TL) tyres,then you will have to switch to alloy wheels as tubeless tyres are not useable on spoked rims.

                      Michelin tyres available in India are only tube typed but tyre guys install them as TL tyres on many bikes.You can check out the official Indian website for Michelin tyres Home - www.motorcycle.michelin.in

                      Try M45 3.25 X 18 for the rear & it should do well. I had a M45 4.00 X 18 on my GS150R & it would really stick to tarmac even on wet surfaces.Even I am planning to switch to 3.25 X 18 before rains on my 2002 Fiero which has clocked 96K.

                      What I feel is that anything thicker than 100/80/18 will scrap the chain cover & you will have to remove it or cut it & what not.

                      I would suggest you keep this bike with you even though you will be buying a Ninja.Rest all depends on you.
                      Id rather be on my motorcycle and think about God than be in temple and think about my motorcycle!!

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by n_aditya View Post
                        Over the weekend I want to switch to tubeless tires (front & rear). I have some queries on this.

                        1. Which brand of tubeless tires do i go for? i have heard that michelin's are good. Suggestions and reviews on personal experiences will be appreciated.
                        I'm using Michelin Sirac 100/90x18 on ZMA and plan to use it on Fiero for the next ride. This is a TL type tyre.
                        I'm happy by its performance. Yes, fitting it at rear on Fiero, might require the removal of chain guard.

                        And as already mentioned by imjoshee, to use TL tyre, you will have to switch to alloy rims. Over this weekend, I'll be doing some R&D with it, if you can wait till then I can share my findings with you.

                        Originally posted by n_aditya View Post
                        2. Can i get a wider tire for the rear without compromising on handling? Mileage drop is not a concern though since i only get 35kmpl (hard acceleration, hard engine braking are major culprits )
                        I'm currently running 3.25x18 Michelin M45 at rear. Mileage drop and performance drop can hardly be felt. Before this I used 2.75x18 and 3.00x18 M45's.

                        Originally posted by n_aditya View Post
                        Also the front fork is leaking oil on the right strut. This happens regularly and the fork oil seal has been replaced a couple of times in the past. I havent crashed or bumped into anything or anyone for this to get leaky.... maybe a hard bump into a pothole may have caused this. Any reliable solution in addition to replacing the fork oil seal?
                        Check if your inner tube got any dent marks. It could even be a very very faint one but that's good enough to damage the oil seal over time.
                        2000 Suzuki Fiero | 2004 Bullet Electra | 2004 RX135 | 2005 CBZ | 2009 Karizma | 2009 Punto 1.4 Petrol | 2011 Yamaha YZF-R15

                        Nav is back !!!
                        Getting Leh'ed. Since 2007...

                        Comment


                        • Pls help me with mileage issue for Fiero F2

                          I am checking from reserve to reserve on tachometer and getting only 36 but the mechanic is saying that according to spark plug condition my mileage is above 45.

                          Dear pls help me with this issue

                          Comment


                          • Idle RPM issue?

                            Hello,

                            I have heard that idle RPM must be 1100 but my mechanic has set it in such a way that RPM doesn't show above zero.

                            Pls help, why it is like that

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by jonahmano View Post
                              Hello,

                              I have heard that idle RPM must be 1100 but my mechanic has set it in such a way that RPM doesn't show above zero.

                              Pls help, why it is like that
                              Faulty Tacho.

                              Comment


                              • Tacho is not faulty

                                Tacho is running perfect and I just wanted to know why he set idle RPM below 1100 which buy default is must.

                                pls help

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X