Since '02 xBhp is different things to different people. From a close knit national community of bikers to India's only motorcycling lifestyle magazine and a place to make like-minded biker friends. Join us

Castrol Power 1

Fatigue, sleepiness, & alcohol are the same.

Our Partners

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fiero/FieroF2/FieroFx

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by MaSh View Post
    Yes, have been hunting for almost a month. Not getting the Exhaust or the Shocks. Will try the CBZ Extreme ones. They are non Gas ones and I guess a little longer too. Not very suitable. The current ones are lousy TVS Star City ones. Too soft.
    When you have already waited this long,why not wait some more and get the RTR shox? Trust me the RTR shox are the best shox of any bike in india!leaving aside the mono-shox.

    The Victor GLX gas shox are of Endurance and you know how good they are(very soft/poor) .Pulsar shox are from Endurance too and they are very poor.Hero Honda ones are the best in non gas shox category.But nothing can match a RTR shox,it's very costly though.The last time it was like 3.5k for the pair,but it's worth every buck invested on it.
    Life begins, once you hit the power band !!

    Comment


    • Originally posted by MaSh View Post
      There is no point fitting a wider exhaust on stock engine. Mine is not stock. Moreover, this is more so for muting it a bit. There would be some performance loss too, but then this exhaust is for the City only.



      Well, the Chain length is longer too. I have a Apache 150 Swing Arm which is longer than the Fiero's.



      Thats exactly what I wanted to know. Thank you.



      Yes thats the idea, hence the search for an OLD one, if not, don't mind cutting up a new one. Could you post a pic of your exhaust mod?

      Well, nothing can be as good as Joel's FFE, but its significantly louder than stock. I intend to keep swapping between the two. RTR exhaust for the City and FFE for the highway. Since the calculated CC as told by Joel is about 187CC, I am looking for a RTR 180 exhaust. I guess thats rated at somewhere around 177cc.
      how about the rtr 160 fi exhaust,its more free flowing i guess.
      Socha Toh Locha.

      Comment


      • In a bit of a Dilemma past few weeks. My Fiero though thrilling me every day, is 11 years old and approx 80k kms run. No issues what so ever with bike or parts availability. Just considering the age, I was thinking of getting another bike to share duties. But I am totally confused, whether I should go ahead with this thought or not. I use the bike for city and occasional highway runs. If I get a new bike, it would be for the highways and when wify wants to hop on. Fiero would be for in city solo and office runs. Fiero will always stay with me.

        Has anyone gone through this phase? I know Sarvajit has two bikes too, anyone else? Should I or should I not?

        PS: I know this is hugely OT, but did not wish to put it in front of a bigger audience.

        Originally posted by gixxer_junkie_m View Post
        When you have already waited this long,why not wait some more and get the RTR shox? Trust me the RTR shox are the best shox of any bike in india!leaving aside the mono-shox.

        The Victor GLX gas shox are of Endurance and you know how good they are(very soft/poor) .Pulsar shox are from Endurance too and they are very poor.Hero Honda ones are the best in non gas shox category.But nothing can match a RTR shox,it's very costly though.The last time it was like 3.5k for the pair,but it's worth every buck invested on it.
        Agree. Hence the NEED. Yes that's the price here too. I have ordered for them, have been told they arrive this week. Fingers crossed.

        Originally posted by velociraptor13 View Post
        how about the rtr 160 fi exhaust,its more free flowing i guess.
        Not as flowing as the RTR 180. Hence that's the need and nothing else, dont want to put extra pressure on the exit valve. I remember Joel saying when I was running stock exhaust with this setup, that the outlet might burn out cos the gases are not escaping efficiently.
        Last edited by MaSh; 07-01-2011, 06:41 PM.
        **MaSh**

        **Work to Ride and Ride to Work**

        Comment


        • Originally posted by MaSh View Post
          In a bit of a Dilemma past few weeks. My Fiero though thrilling me every day, is 11 years old and approx 80k kms run. No issues what so ever with bike or parts availability. Just considering the age, I was thinking of getting another bike to share duties. But I am totally confused, whether I should go ahead with this thought or not. I use the bike for city and occasional highway runs. If I get a new bike, it would be for the highways and when wify wants to hop on. Fiero would be for in city solo and office runs. Fiero will always stay with me.

          Has anyone gone through this phase? I know Sarvajit has two bikes too, anyone else? Should I or should I not?

          PS: I know this is hugely OT, but did not wish to put it in front of a bigger audience.



          Agree. Hence the NEED. Yes that's the price here too. I have ordered for them, have been told they arrive this week. Fingers crossed.



          Not as flowing as the RTR 180. Hence that's the need and nothing else, dont want to put extra pressure on the exit valve. I remember Joel saying when I was running stock exhaust with this setup, that the outlet might burn out cos the gases are not escaping efficiently.
          Honda CBR250 is a damn good choice, being a HONDA it will be like your fiero,that is loooong lasting. It won't be a fire breather/twin/more powerful like the ninja or the other similar spec'd 250's which will hit the market soon.So think about it,you might be better off waiting rather than going for another new bike now.
          Last edited by gixxer_junkie_m; 07-01-2011, 07:52 PM.
          Life begins, once you hit the power band !!

          Comment


          • Originally posted by gixxer_junkie_m View Post
            Give me time for confirmation.Otherwise ,since you get your bike serviced at the authorized dealer,you can ask them to check whether the sprockets match.I mean to check whether the GB sprockets have the same output shaft fitting and whether the rear sprocket also matches the bolt slots.You can't fit the maintenance free chain to our sprockets i think as the pitch and width may vary.
            well i spoke to the ASS manager. he said the cost of the F2 chain sprocket is approximately 1k. i forgot to ask him whether the rtr's set would fit in the F2's. anyways i am goin tomorow and would ask them whether its possible. if at all its possible, then i would consider of removing the chain cover bottom part.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by gixxer_junkie_m View Post
              Honda CBR250 is a damn good choice, being a HONDA it will be like your fiero,that is loooong lasting. It won't be a fire breather/twin/more powerful like the ninja or the other similar spec'd 250's which will hit the market soon.So think about it,you might be better off waiting rather than going for another new bike now.
              read the last few pages of CBR250 ownership experience.
              When Was The Last Time,You Did Something For The First Time.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by tintin708 View Post
                well i spoke to the ASS manager. he said the cost of the F2 chain sprocket is approximately 1k. i forgot to ask him whether the rtr's set would fit in the F2's. anyways i am goin tomorow and would ask them whether its possible. if at all its possible, then i would consider of removing the chain cover bottom part.
                When my bike's chain sprocket kit wears out,i'll put a RTR160 swing arm and it's chain sprocket kit too(if it fits).So definitely go for the RTR chain sprocket kit if it fits the output shaft.You might have to take off a link or two though,as RTR might be longer and the gear ratio will change too.Since your bike is stock the change in gear ratio might not be welcome.
                Life begins, once you hit the power band !!

                Comment


                • Originally posted by psr View Post
                  read the last few pages of CBR250 ownership experience.
                  Why? issues already?
                  Life begins, once you hit the power band !!

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by gixxer_junkie_m View Post
                    Why? issues already?
                    read from page 171...
                    Last edited by psr; 07-01-2011, 08:18 PM.
                    When Was The Last Time,You Did Something For The First Time.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by gixxer_junkie_m View Post
                      Honda CBR250 is a damn good choice, being a HONDA it will be like your fiero,that is loooong lasting. It won't be a fire breather/twin/more powerful like the ninja or the other similar spec'd 250's which will hit the market soon.So think about it,you might be better off waiting rather than going for another new bike now.
                      Hmmm so your views are I wait. That's what one side of my head is saying too. I did have a look at it in the office parking lot and not sure how to say, it did not give the same feel as what a Ninja 250 or even an R15 gives. So not too sure about it, and yeh I have already heard a bad experience with an owner

                      Originally posted by psr View Post
                      read the last few pages of CBR250 ownership experience.
                      Hmmm yeh was reading about a bad experience on another forum too. Not sure if its the same one.

                      Originally posted by gixxer_junkie_m View Post
                      When my bike's chain sprocket kit wears out,i'll put a RTR160 swing arm and it's chain sprocket kit too(if it fits).So definitely go for the RTR chain sprocket kit if it fits the output shaft.You might have to take off a link or two though,as RTR might be longer and the gear ratio will change too.Since your bike is stock the change in gear ratio might not be welcome.
                      3 Links to be precise. On a stock engine, it would make the bike very sluggish I guess.

                      UPDATE: Had called up the service center to inquire about the Shocks, and as expected, they have not received it.
                      **MaSh**

                      **Work to Ride and Ride to Work**

                      Comment


                      • i spoke to the TVS ASS. the manager told that the F2 chain set is in shortage. so he went on to say that the company has recommended the use of RTR chain sets for the F2. either rtr 160 or rtr180 would do.

                        guys can u confirm this with ur respective ASS's? And i had a chat with the mechanic, he said its a direct fit onto the F2. I asked him whether the front sprocket of the rtr would fit in the F2's shaft and he said its a direct fit. he said that they had put in the rtr set onto many fieros/F2 which come to him for servicing. They seemed very confident. i also told him that the swingarm lenght of f2 is shorter than the Rtr, so how can it fit. he said that its der job to fit it!! i guess they will have to cut some chain links to make the chain length shorter.

                        Guyz, plz plz confirm it with ur ASS mechs....

                        Comment


                        • guys can u tell me the number of teeth for the front and rear srrocket of bothe the rtr180 and the Fiero F2?

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by MaSh View Post
                            Hmmm so your views are I wait. That's what one side of my head is saying too. I did have a look at it in the office parking lot and not sure how to say, it did not give the same feel as what a Ninja 250 or even an R15 gives. So not too sure about it, and yeh I have already heard a bad experience with an owner
                            UPDATE: Had called up the service center to inquire about the Shocks, and as expected, they have not received it.
                            YAMAHA R15 is a good performer and for a 150 it's performance is real good.If you can find a good used one for cheap,it may not be such a bad option for now.That is,if you really want a second bike and if you decide to wait for more 250+cc options.

                            Shox should be available easily,so that's kinda strange,were as in case of exhaust, the delay, or it not being in ready stock is understandable.
                            Life begins, once you hit the power band !!

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by tintin708 View Post
                              i spoke to the TVS ASS. the manager told that the F2 chain set is in shortage. so he went on to say that the company has recommended the use of RTR chain sets for the F2. either rtr 160 or rtr180 would do.

                              guys can u confirm this with ur respective ASS's? And i had a chat with the mechanic, he said its a direct fit onto the F2. I asked him whether the front sprocket of the rtr would fit in the F2's shaft and he said its a direct fit. he said that they had put in the rtr set onto many fieros/F2 which come to him for servicing. They seemed very confident. i also told him that the swingarm lenght of f2 is shorter than the Rtr, so how can it fit. he said that its der job to fit it!! i guess they will have to cut some chain links to make the chain length shorter.

                              Guyz, plz plz confirm it with ur ASS mechs....
                              Originally posted by tintin708 View Post
                              guys can u tell me the number of teeth for the front and rear srrocket of bothe the rtr180 and the Fiero F2?
                              F2 13/40
                              Apache RTR 160: Stock Setup: 13/44 teeth

                              Apache RTR 180: Stock Setup: 14/46 teeth.

                              Since the rear sprockets are much much bigger than your stock sprocket which would be 40,you will loose top-end,mileage and engine will become vibey.So think about it.
                              If i remember correctly,a guy in RTR thread has put 15teeth GB sprocket of the pulsar on his RTR,which should mean it should fit our bikes too.So try going for a 15teeth front sprocket with the RTR160 rear.

                              From my experience with gear ratio,the pulsar DTSI UG2 GB sprockets don't fit our bike's output shaft.I still have a 15teeth pulsar one with me unused.
                              Were as YAMAHA RX ,YBX,CRux are all direct fit on our bikes.

                              Ask the mech to put the RTR160 chain/rear sprocket with a 14(RTR180),or 15teeth GB(front) sprocket.
                              Last edited by gixxer_junkie_m; 07-02-2011, 05:40 PM.
                              Life begins, once you hit the power band !!

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by gixxer_junkie_m View Post
                                F2 13/40
                                Apache RTR 160: Stock Setup: 13/44 teeth

                                Apache RTR 180: Stock Setup: 14/46 teeth.

                                Since the rear sprockets are much much bigger than your stock sprocket which would be 40,you will loose top-end,mileage and engine will become vibey.So think about it.
                                If i remember correctly,a guy in RTR thread has put 15teeth GB sprocket of the pulsar on his RTR,which should mean it should fit our bikes too.So try going for a 15teeth front sprocket with the RTR160 rear.

                                From my experience with gear ratio,the pulsar DTSI UG2 GB sprockets don't fit our bike's output shaft.I still have a 15teeth pulsar one with me unused.
                                Were as YAMAHA RX ,YBX,CRux are all direct fit on our bikes.

                                Ask the mech to put the RTR160 chain/rear sprocket with a 14(RTR180),or 15teeth GB(front) sprocket.
                                alrite thnx a lot!! i will have to ask the mech if a seperate chain and rear sprocket of rtr160 and a seperate front rtr180 sprocket will be made available seperatly...

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X